AP Discounts released thru April 2015

mammaminnie

Great catch on the discount! The new Late Winter AP Discount is valid for stays January 5-March 28 2015. It is a date based discount (unlike Free Dining discounts), so even if you check-in March 28th, you will only receive the discount for that day.

This is a room only discount and it excludes the following resorts: Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Poly Villas and Bugalows as well as all 3 bedroom Villas.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Great catch on the discount! The new Late Winter AP Discount is valid for stays January 5-March 28 2015. It is a date based discount (unlike Free Dining discounts), so even if you check-in March 28th, you will only receive the discount for that day.

This is a room only discount and it excludes the following resorts: Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Poly Villas and Bugalows as well as all 3 bedroom Villas.
This is nice that it is date-based. I hope it is the plan going forward. For example, I suppose this means that if a person is staying 1/2-1/9, they could now get the discount applied for 1/5-1/9 without having to do a split-stay. Much easier.

Upvote 0

mammaminnie

This is nice that it is date-based. I hope it is the plan going forward. For example, I suppose this means that if a person is staying 1/2-1/9, they could now get the discount applied for 1/5-1/9 without having to do a split-stay. Much easier.

In that case, they may still have to do a split stay to add the discount. The dates for these discounts are for check-in dates within that range.

What I was referring to was more applicable to end dates. For example, with free dining, as long as you check in by the last day, the discount usually extends the length of your stay. That is not the case with this discount. Once the discount ends on the 28th, you can not keep the discount for the remainder of your stay.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

And this is why many people use a good travel agent, so we take care of stuff like this when it is released. Our clients don't need to worry when/if a discount is coming out as we take care of that as soon as it becomes official. Marie

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
OK - THIS is very strange.....

MouseSavers updated their content today (10-23-2014) .... and the APRIL extension of the PassHolder offer VANISHED. Yup, it got rolled back to March.

... offer still not posted on MDE.

Just a guess - but I think MouseSavers may have gotten a nasty phone call :).

I revised my January reservation two hours ago for the 2nd time and the passholder rates ARE on MDE. Saved a few bucks a night AND upgraded to a better room at Grand Floridian!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I cant speak to what is going on at Mousesavers but the official offer as we were advised at Kingdom Konsultant Travel never included April at all and was always March 28th. This kinda makes sense considering Easter is April 5th this year and I cant imagine them offering discounts during that time frame. Marie

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes, it was. Now - let's look at this thread title:
AP Discounts released thru April 2015

Wellll? Not as far as the WDW Website is concerned, as of 10-23-2014 20:15 EST.

look at the body of the original poster's text, not the title. Got an email this afternoon announcing the passholder rates through March. Nothing in the email referenced April... Ever think the OP mistyped the thread title? And don't beat up on Belle - she's a travel agent and much more knowledgeable than you....

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

That is correct, the dates on this thread were incorrect at first, then got changed. I don't know if Disney had them up on the Consumer side for pricing the day of, but the correct dates were listed on the Travel Agent portal we use. The information we posted (Thanks you @mammaminnie ) was confirmed with a representative at Disney prior to posting, just to make sure we had the correct information such as date ranges and resort and room type exclusions. Marie

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not off the website, you didn't. PROOF: Page capture, 10-23-2014 20:15 EST: No AP discounts are listed for APRIL 2015 - the WEBSITE says they end March 28:

DisneyProof2.jpg

VERY possible you got this discount by CALLING. It undoubtedly exists. If it is on the website? Capture the page. I have.

Since I was changing an existing reservation, of course I called. But that was AFTER going to MDE, Passholder section, selecting my resort and seeing if my room type was available for our trip. if you look at the 2nd special on your screen shot... Stop being such a jerk.

The email I received said to book by 3/25/2015, so it appears the OP made some typos.....

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
look at the body of the original poster's text, not the title. Got an email this afternoon announcing the passholder rates through March. Nothing in the email referenced April... Ever think the OP mistyped the thread title? And don't beat up on Belle - she's a travel agent and much more knowledgeable than you....
I didn't mistype the thread title. As has been discussed here, MouseSavers originally posted it as through 4/28, clearly a typo (we now know) and 3/28 was intended. Not a huge deal...I edited the text in my thread but only moderators can change titles.

I posted the info here because at the time, it wasn't at Disneyworld.com and I wanted people to be able to save like we did since these AP deals are very limited.

And then got my figurative head bit off. Lesson learned. Keep discounts to yourself.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I didn't mistype the thread title. As has been discussed here, MouseSavers originally posted it as through 4/28, clearly a typo (we now know) and 3/28 was intended. Not a huge deal...I edited the text in my thread but only moderators can change titles.

I posted the info here because at the time, it wasn't at Disneyworld.com and I wanted people to be able to save like we did since these AP deals are very limited.

And then got my figurative head bit off. Lesson learned. Keep discounts to yourself.

No, disclose the source of your information and if you edit your original post, which apparently you did, indicate such. Don't wait for a day and two pages of discussion - and Belle to clarify Mousesavers error. Not everyone saw your original unedited post...

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Exactly or if you are excited about an offer and are working quickly to share the good news. I'm sure I have been guilty of that a time or two myself. Marie

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Kyle, Many people were happy to see your post, please dont let one person who had an issue with it stop you. So the information originally was incorrect, it was confirmed soon enough with the correct info and some people did benefit by it I am sure! Marie

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
No, disclose the source of your information and if you edit your original post, which apparently you did, indicate such. Don't wait for a day and two pages of discussion - and Belle to clarify Mousesavers error. Not everyone saw your original unedited post...
I didn't realize members on Internet boards were held up to the same standards as CNN. Next time I'll just save myself the time and keep it to myself.

Happy hunting for your own deals.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom