Pre-Trip A Not So Scary Very Merry Wine and Dine Dashing PTR

Welcome to my PTR! As of today it is 73 more days until our trip and I am SOOOOOOO very excited!

This will be my 7th visit to Orlando and also my first time ever going two years in a row.

You can check out my last Trip Report here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...icious-dont-believe-us-ask-the-dishes.875066/

We had a fantastic time! But this year we have a MEGA trip planned, check this out:

Dates:

Arrival Date: 24th October

Departure Date: 11th November

18 NIGHTS IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

Accomodation:

24th October – 4th November – All Star Sports
4th November - 7th November - Animal Kingdom Lodge (renting vacation points)
7th November - 11th November - Art of Animation

The Cast:

Me - Karen (26)
13912835039_92413ebce9_b.jpg

My Sister – Rachel (21)
11186194014_9b0ff08d28_b.jpg

My boyfriend – Sleepy

11186095213_6d82159c72_b.jpg

Last edited:

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Thank you! I feel exactly the same about others on here going away. I think this time I'm going to try get even more photos and maybe some videos too...

I'm so excited! I'm going to update my PTR now with some changes and the final days!

Only 8 more sleeps!!! :D

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Wednesday 5th November - AKL & Epcot

I've no set plan for the morning this day, probably chill at our AMAZING resort!

Dinner at Akershus and EMH in Epcot.

Fast Passes:

Turtle Talk With Crush
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
8:35 PM - 8:55 PM

Thursday 6th November - AKL & AK

We have to go to the EXPO for the Wine and Dine half marathon today or tomorrow.

Again no major plans for daytime, I'm happy leaving these few days to do what we are in the mood for at the time. we do plan on heading to Animal Kingdom later on though and have reservations at Boma

Fast Passes:

DINOSAUR
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
5:20 PM - 6:20 PM

Friday 7th November - Water Park

Water park day! Maybe Blizzard Beach or Aquatica! Expo if not gone already!

Dinner booked at Whispering Canyon and I've not booked any fastpasses this day.

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Saturday 8th November - WINE AND DINE HALF MARATHON!!!

OMG... I actually have to run a half marathon... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

So today we will have a lazy start and go to Kona Cafe for a big breakfast as I read you should have your main meal at breakfast on the day of a night run. We will later venture to Epcot for a lunch at Via Napoli.

Fast Passes:

Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®
1:55 PM - 2:55 PM
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
3:20 PM - 4:20 PM
Spaceship Earth
4:25 PM - 5:25 PM

Then holy moly I have to be on a bus at around 7pm!! We may not stay in Epcot for all the fastpasses above, more than likely we'll go for a rest first!

There is an afterpart in Epcot that goes on until 4am... wonder if we'll make it after the run!

Sunday 9th November - Sleep & Rest

This day is self explanatory! No plans see what happens!

Monday 10th November - Universal & MVMCP

What a great last day! Universal and a Disney part! WHOOP WHOOP! Never been to the Christmas party so that'll be exciting!

Tuesday 11th November - MK & Home

Let's not talk about this one ;)

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Mine arrived too. Loved your previous trip report so will be interested to read the next one. Don't want to think how much your trip must have cost staying in AKL (even if it is just s few nights) I am there from 5th to 21st Nov At POR (16 nights) can't wait.
Might see you around. Good luck with your half marathon

It’s actually not been as expensive as you might think. We got our All Star Sports room for about £50 a night but we split that cost between 3 of us and we rented vacation points for the three nights in animal kingdom lodge so I think it worked out around $170 each.

Longers

It’s actually not been as expensive as you might think. We got our All Star Sports room for about £50 a night but we split that cost between 3 of us and we rented vacation points for the three nights in animal kingdom lodge so I think it worked out around $170 each.
Ah DVC members? We looked at it last year but we're concerned around signing up. It's obviously worked out for you. Maybe we should look again?
Got a Disney e mail today 14 days to go.

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Ah DVC members? We looked at it last year but we're concerned around signing up. It's obviously worked out for you. Maybe we should look again?
Got a Disney e mail today 14 days to go.

No no we're not DVC members at all, we would only make it over once a year max so never really looked into it. You are able to rent vacation points from DVC memebers who will not be using all of theirs within the year, I used this wedsite:

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

I had read about the site on here so checked it out and I'm so happy we did! I never thought I'd actually stay in a delux but this made it possible for us! We actually tried to rent for the entire last week but that last weekend is realy busy so it was unavailable.

Longers

No no we're not DVC members at all, we would only make it over once a year max so never really looked into it. You are able to rent vacation points from DVC memebers who will not be using all of theirs within the year, I used this wedsite:

http://www.dvcrequest.com/

I had read about the site on here so checked it out and I'm so happy we did! I never thought I'd actually stay in a delux but this made it possible for us! We actually tried to rent for the entire last week but that last weekend is realy busy so it was unavailable.
OMG thank you for this info (I haven't seen this before) already booked for next year but this will definitely be something I will look into now. I love WDW Magic site it's tips and info like this that is great to share. And after 18 years going every year it proves we can all still learn something new. Thank you

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
OMG thank you for this info (I haven't seen this before) already booked for next year but this will definitely be something I will look into now. I love WDW Magic site it's tips and info like this that is great to share. And after 18 years going every year it proves we can all still learn something new. Thank you

Ye exactly! I love this site for things like that, I would never of known about this either without the forum! I'll let you know how I get on but the reviews are great of this site and the reservation is in the reservations section of my profile on the Disney site, we're checked in and everything and it appears just like my other reservations! :D

I've always been one of those people that looks at places like AKL and thinks 'I wish I was rich' so it's a bit sureal to actual be going there!

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Have an amazing time - we have 6 more sleeps (well may be 6 more not-sleeps as the excitement builds). Thanks for the comments about DVC points - will keep this in mind for future trips. Enjoy the magic but please leave some for the rest of us!:rolleyes:

Ye so my 'one sleep' was definitely a not sleep lol

We're just at the airport now! Waiting for our flight to be called! Eeeeeeeeek! :joyfull:
Promise to leave some magic for you guys haha

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
Saw you cross the finish line at the half! That was me who called out your name from the stands just before the finish line, I'm pretty sure you heard because you seemed to be looking (and surprised). ;) You looked fantastic, well done!!

I knew it was my name I heard called!!!!! I'm pretty sure I looked right at you when you shouted too but I wasn't expecting anyone to be cheering us on so hence my surprise!!! Thanks for the shout out!! Hope you had a great trip, I just arrived home yesterday and back to normality today :(

dancingtodisney

Original Poster
You had also memorymaker? :) The photo's are there within 30 minutes after taking! LOL!

BTW, didn't manage to see you in the park :)

Yes I did get memorymaker, I think if it's like photopass before I'll need to go through and add all my borders etc before downloading, also last time they sent me DVDs in the post and wouldn't let me download as I was over a certain number of photos.

No I didn't see you either lol I see you are already planning to come back too, guess you had a good time then!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom