The Big Reveal - More Ideas?

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
In short - I'm doing a quick trip to WDW starting tomorrow. 2 days in parks, 3 nights at Riverside. I was diagnosed with BRCA-2, the gene mutation for breast cancer. I'm undergoing major, preventative surgery in November and this is the last time I'll have a chance to take my eldest to Disney World for a year. She's 6 and a half now, and I desperately want to take her before she loses that "magic" of believing that the princesses are all real. Also, she's had a really rough time starting Kindergarten. The teachers expect so much of her and she's been slow to pick up early reading concepts. Her self esteem is in the dumps (cries after school on a regular basis).

I've been planning this trip for 90 days. She has no idea this is going on.

My plan tomorrow morning is to have my husband take her younger sister to daycare, then pretend to drop my eldest off at school, but instead drive by and exclaim "Oh I forgot something at home! Let's go get it." While he's doing all of this theater, I'm going to decorate the outside of the house. I have some stuff from the party store to decorate the door like Cinderella's Castle, and I'm going to get balloons blown up and tie them into the bushes along our walkway leading up to the door.

I bought a nice autograph book and have wrapped it up. She'll walk in, open it, and then I'll explain that we're going to Disney World.

Can y'all think of anything else I could do to make this more special for her?

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I think your idea is great! I don't think you need to do much more... or maybe add a "letter" from one of her favorite Disney characters (that's my plan for our little one).

Sorry about the surgery you need to have, wishing you the best.

Courtney6682

I wrote my step daughter a letter from Tink that was really persoanlized...mentioning her teacher's name and her fave color, things like that...then I ran a glue stick over the edges of the paper and sprinkled silver glitter all over it...it came out relly cute! Good luck!!;)

Weather_Lady

Your "big reveal" sounds absolutely lovely and I can't think of any suggestions to gild the lily! I do hope you'll come back and tell us all how it went.

I pray that you both have an absolutely wonderful trip, and that your upcoming procedures will go smoothly and safely!

fiercekittenz

Original Poster
Here's the video!

At first she didn't comprehend what was going on, so we had to point-blank explain that we were leaving that minute for Disney LOL!!! I'll do a trip report later this week once I'm done with the pictures :)

RMichael21

Here's the video!

At first she didn't comprehend what was going on, so we had to point-blank explain that we were leaving that minute for Disney LOL!!! I'll do a trip report later this week once I'm done with the pictures :)

That's adorable! I'm so glad the surprise worked out! I hop the trip goes well and i hope the upcoming procedure is a success! :)

basmal8

Tearing up watching that video... awesome job mom! Can't wait to hear details of the trip :)

So much of your story hits home to me- BEST BEST of luck with everything! I hope it truly was magical!

Chin up :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom