Disney Springs construction begins

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nice Shots, thanks. Messy Messy.

The new retail space photos from Friday reminds me of strip mall anywhere-ville USA.

bgoofy

Disney Springs photo update as of Sunday, Oct 19, 2014. The painted plywood construction wall in this part of Pleasure Island has been replaced with a fabric-covered chain link fence. Not much new on the Boathouse in the background.

View attachment 70574

View attachment 70575

The floor for The Hangar now has bolts installed for the vertical structure.

View attachment 70576

The construction walls near Paradiso 37 have been moved back to create a dining "courtyard" or waiting area next to the original entrance. The new concrete here has lots of embedded sea shells.

View attachment 70577

Above the construction walls in the Paradiso 37 "courtyard", you can see the new shops along the street starting to take shape.

View attachment 70578

A look over the wall along the same street (up the hill). In the foreground of the picture, you can see the underground utility corridor exposed.

View attachment 70579
Hey, thanks for the great update & pics!

jt04

I don't think they can start on that portion of the shops until the first new garage is open since it will take out another big chunk of the parking lot.

I definitely agree. Just hoping they don't do any cutting as the best part is the new DS area. That is what will make it cohesive and a great addition to WDW.

WDWtraveler

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Friday, Oct 24, 2014.

In the "weekly moving construction wall" category....the side of the Harley Davidson store now has construction walls in place, making the passage to Plant Hollywood even more obscure. The restaurant has placed a manned booth at this end of the West Side street (at the extreme left in the photo) to encourage visitors to "walk this way" to find the restaurant.

IMG_3253.JPG

In the passage at the side of the Harley Davidson store, a relatively new and more colorful poster has appeared with an updated map of Disney Springs-to-be.

IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

The construction walls have been rearranged around the Lego Store. Now all previous entrances to the Lego Store are available for use. This photo shows the new concrete and brick passage that was walled off for several months. This way leads to the passage that is behind the Lego Store which leads to T-Rex.

IMG_3247.JPG

WDWtraveler

More Disney Springs construction photo update, as of Friday, Oct 24, 2014.

The plywood walls on the Boathouse are going up. Note the smaller building in the left background taking shape.

IMG_3257.JPG

The stores across from Raglan Road restaurant are getting a slate roof.

IMG_3249.JPG

Decorative roof details on store across from Paradiso 37 main entrance.

IMG_3250.JPG

Finally, a view of the "Food Truck" park area construction. Lots of concrete work.

IMG_3256.JPG

Last edited:

RayTheFirefly

More Disney Springs construction photo update, as of Friday, Oct 24, 2014.

The plywood walls on the Boathouse are going up. Note the smaller building in the left background taking shape.

View attachment 71341

The stores across from Ragland Road restaurant are getting a slate roof.

View attachment 71342

Decorative roof details on store across from Paradiso 37 main entrance.

View attachment 71343

Finally, a view of the "Food Truck" park area construction. Lots of concrete work.

View attachment 71345
Awesome pics, thanks! Wow, that food truck area looks like a mess every time there's a new photo.

NickC

Isn't there supposed to be an elevator for disabled guests to get up to the railroad track? Where would that even go and is it still happening?

That area just looks so cramped.

I think the circled part in this photo might be the elevator pit and machine room foundation. Some of the railings will obviously have to go if that's the case:

kZzBqCL.jpg

I also recall seeing some older plans showing it connecting to the second level of Bongos via a ramp, although that plan was likely scrapped in favor of the elevator, if that's even still happening.

lazyboy97o

Isn't there supposed to be an elevator for disabled guests to get up to the railroad track? Where would that even go and is it still happening?

That area just looks so cramped.
If it is just seating it would not necessarily have to be accessible since accessible seating could be provided on the ground level.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the circled part in this photo might be the elevator pit and machine room foundation. Some of the railings will obviously have to go if that's the case:

kZzBqCL.jpg

I also recall seeing some older plans showing it connecting to the second level of Bongos via a ramp, although that plan was likely scrapped in favor of the elevator, if that's even still happening.

That location is consistent with what is shown in the concept art:

disney-springs_Full_20902.jpg;width=640

mm121

The painted plywood construction wall in this part of Pleasure Island has been replaced with a fabric-covered chain link fence.

View attachment 70574

not sure why they would switch out the walls, using the chain link is UGLY!!! previously they were only using covered chainlink in parking lot areas, not directly in guest areas.

The construction walls near Paradiso 37 have been moved back to create a dining "courtyard" or waiting area next to the original entrance. The new concrete here has lots of embedded sea shells.

View attachment 70577
who the heck would want to dine in construction central? talk about having no atmosphere

I don't think they can start on that portion of the shops until the first new garage is open since it will take out another big chunk of the parking lot.

most of that parking area was already closed i thought

mm121

Disney Springs construction photo update as of Friday, Oct 24, 2014.

In the "weekly moving construction wall" category....the side of the Harley Davidson store now has construction walls in place, making the passage to Plant Hollywood even more obscure. The restaurant has placed a manned booth at this end of the West Side street (at the extreme left in the photo) to encourage visitors to "walk this way" to find the restaurant.

View attachment 71337
when did they build a Harley Davidson store in the west side?
didn't this use to be in PI, or is this a new additon

mm121

Considering it's directly under the main walkway, "underground" was the easiest way to describe it. But yes, it's definitely on the first level.

I managed to find this photo from the Save Pleasure Island blog:

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2014/06/pi-update-action-at-west-end-plaza.html

So I guess a better question is: will it be more BoH facilities, or an actual shopping/dining venue? I'm thinking its inclusion on a map with all the other venue locations means it's going to be a guest accessible area, but that's just a guess.

i was wondering what that was on the map that was underground.
an underground bar would be pretty cool,
maybe this is the location for that rumored nightclub called the edison i belive

C23 is an Old cast area. My understanding is it was mostly a break room with bathrooms but it also contained offices and supply closets.

on the map it looks big enough to make it be a guest area, if the ceiling height is high enough, possibly the location of the edison thats been rumored

danlb_2000

Premium Member
not sure why they would switch out the walls, using the chain link is UGLY!!! previously they were only using covered chainlink in parking lot areas, not directly in guest areas.

who the heck would want to dine in construction central? talk about having no atmosphere

most of that parking area was already closed i thought

No, there is still a big chunk that is going to be taken away to form the Town Center and the Gateway.

DisneySprings.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom