Coronado springs vs Caribbean Beach vs Beach club

simon71

Original Poster
Really need your opinions....we stayed at WDW last year for the first time and we stayed at the Dolphin hotel. while it was in a great location we want to stay in a disney hotel next year. Please give me your opinion on which hotel you prefer. Its just two adults going. and do you think that spending over 1500 pounds more to stay at the beach club than the other hotels is worth it?

Thank you :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Beach Club is going under a major 20 month refurbishment in 2015. So I would not think spending the extra money is worth it.

If you were considering Beach because of its location and Stormalong Bay, Yacht Club is an alternative and will have no construction going on next year. It should be the same price point as Beach.

Between Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs, Coronado seems to be the favorite of the two on this forum.

Buzz2001

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. CBR is starting to get the sliding doors with this latest rehab. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

SAV

I have stayed at Coronado Springs and we were just talking that we would love to stay there again.

My question back to you is how much will you be at the resort itself? Will you be using all of the extra amenities that you are paying for or will you be in the parks most of the time?

Figmentation

I never stated at CSR, but I did stay at Caribbean beach.
I would avoid Beach Club until their refurbishments are done as well.

My opinion of Caribbean Beach is in the middle:

Pros:
Quiet and Spaced Out
Great Scenery
Some of the best rooms I have ever stayed in
Lots of off time relaxing outside (not inside) due to hammocks and beaches along all the hotel blocks

Cons:
Too big, you need two buses to get anywhere
Food Court/Gift Shop is in the middle of no where and based on where you stay you might actually need to drive to get to it
Did I say too big? I mean it's ginormously huge - To the point that it can be problematic if your incredibly tired after a day at a park.

I enjoyed my time there, but the size is overwhelming. There are 7-8 blocks, a bus has to stop at each one leaving and entering the resort. In most cases you might have to take two buses to get to the block you are sleeping/staying at.

Coranado springs has the size and atmosphere from what I've been hearing, but condensed into one area. The bus drops you where you need to go, and the food courts are right within fingertips.

So how I see it:
Caribbean Beach: Large Disney resort - More peace and quiet, but a hassle to get around
Coronado Springs: Large Disney Resort - Easier to get places, but more condensed so feels more like a hotel

The atmosphere is probably about the same though.

If it was me, I'd probably pick Coronado.

Glasgow

We've stayed all three (well, YC, not BC) and the location and pool of YC made all the difference for us. We loved CSR for it's theming and immaculate grounds, but its just not the same as being beside the boardwalk and being so close to Epcot and DHS, not to mention the best pool on property.

If you enjoy a nice walk at night, want to be in and around the action, and Epcot and DHS are on your schedule, then YC/BC is for you (construction, notwithstanding). If you just want a well kept, reasonably priced and generally beautiful mod resort then CSR is the one for you.

CBR is nice as well although in my opinion the least favorable of the mods for couples without kids.

durangojim

If you've got the money then an EPCOT resort is a no brainer for two adults. To be able to walk to World Showcase is worth the price of the resort and to have access to the Boardwalk and Studios is icing on the cake.

ratherbeinwdw

We just stayed at BC. It is very pretty, but I felt like I could have been anywhere. I like feeling like I'm in Disney World. Our room needed tons of work. The launches to Epcot and DHS were so appreciated, but the walk to the car or the bus was not. They don't have a decent food court. The little marketplace food area is so limited it is ridiculous. We love the enormous food choices at AoA and POP. All the mods have decent food courts, so if onsite food is important (non reservation) then pick the CBR or CSR. If being immersed in Disney is important, also pick one of those, not BC. Lots of people think that AoA and POP are tacky. We don't. We love AoA. I will say that we never once had to stand on a crowded bus at BC, but we stood lots of times when we stayed at CBR, AoA and POP.
I had always wanted to stay at BC and Poly. Since there were only two of us this trip, and we didn't have to pay for two rooms, we took the opportunity and did a split stay. They are both beautiful, and we enjoyed them, but now we've been there done that and plan to go back to AoA suites, mods, or Doubletree from now on. It just wasn't worth the huge amount of money we had to pay since we are in the room such a small amount of time. We did absolutely love being able to run back to the room to change or rest in such a short amount of time at both BC and particularly Poly.
We used to stay at CBR until it got so dirty. Walking in the room and finding a dead bedbug on the sheets was the last time we stayed there. They are now being refurbed, so we may go back there again soon. We really liked how close it is to DHS and Epcot. The grounds are very pretty and peaceful. It's Disney, without the "in-your-face" of values or the "I could be anywhere along a beach" of BC.
We also couldn't use our Tables in Wonderland at BC or Poly. We were able to use it at POP and AoA which saved us significant money. Also, the marketplace at BC doesn't open until 7 and closes at 11. That's much too late to open and too early to close. We like to get up early and have a relaxing cup of coffee before we hit the parks. We also come in late from the parks and like to run by and get something to drink and maybe a small snack at the food court. We couldn't do that at BC.

bethram

We just got back from a kid-less six nights at Coronado Springs Resort at the beginning of October, it was our first time there and we will definitely go back. We upgraded to the business class rooms in order to get free DDP and we will definitely upgrade to it again even without the free DDP. We loved having a nice light breakfast in the morning and the drinks/snacks in the evening. The pool area is very cool and we know our kids would love to spend some time there.

We've never stayed at BC or CBR so I can't say much about them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom