The "Think Tank"

Does this sound like a good/fun idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RMichael21

^
This all sounds good. I will try and make a lines map of both ideas so we see how they would fit.

Going off of RMs idea what if we upgraded all the paths and roads to the new lighted/energy producing roads that may be in our own cities one day. I will try and find some pictures and other information on this.
And put in new cars for the monorails. Those things are old.:D

mharrington

Or we could name them something different...

They've always been Mark something for as long as the monorails have been around:

Mark I: 1959-1961
Mark II: 1961-1969
Mark III: 1969-1987 (Disneyland)
Mark IV: 1971-1989 (WDW)
Mark V: 1987-2007 (Disneyland)
Mark VI: 1989-today (WDW)
Mark VII: 2007-today (Disneyland)
Mark VIII: new monorail idea of ours (WDW)

Get the idea now?

Sam Magic

They've always been Mark something for as long as the monorails have been around:

Get the idea now?
That does not mean it HAVES to be Mark, it could be Baxter I

jdmdisney99

Get the idea now?
But Baxter I doesn't really make sense. "Mark" is a commonly used word to describe the model number of any vehicle and/or device. It isn't named after someone. It is simply there to show that this isn't the first monorail, it is the eigth version.

mharrington

Well, I like to maintain an old tradition. Too much of the past is being swept under the rug as it is.

But Baxter I doesn't really make sense. "Mark" is a commonly used word to describe the model number of any vehicle and/or device. It isn't named after someone. It is simply there to show that this isn't the first monorail, it is the ninth version.

Exactly. Thanks for making my point, except this new Monorail is the eighth version. More likely, it's Disneyland that will get the ninth version.

tcool

*Bump*

I just had an idea not sure if its good or not, but what if Disney bought SeaWorld Orlando and introduced it as its 5th park is that feasible? I was thinking keep 1 of the major rides (Atlantis), and 1 minor with refurb (Artic). The thing is I don't know how it would work and what rides would they put in to replace some old ones. This would also be a great place for Nemo. The only thing is The Living Seas at EPCOT. Any thoughts of what else to add , and what to do with The Living Seas if this did happen?

Voxel

President of Progress City
*Bump*

I just had an idea not sure if its good or not, but what if Disney bought SeaWorld Orlando and introduced it as its 5th park is that feasible? I was thinking keep 1 of the major rides (Atlantis), and 1 minor with refurb (Artic). The thing is I don't know how it would work and what rides would they put in to replace some old ones. This would also be a great place for Nemo. The only thing is The Living Seas at EPCOT. Any thoughts of what else to add , and what to do with The Living Seas if this did happen?
Your have a higher chance of uni buying sea world, considering they have starting talk process twice with sea world

tcool

Your have a higher chance of uni buying sea world, considering they have starting talk process twice with sea world
That sounds better than Disney buying SeaWorld. I still think some rides should go (Penguins, Shamu Harbor Rides). Wild Artic needs a refurb and new video. Atlantis needs a refurb as well. Forgot about Kraken and Manta, but those should definitely stay. Maybe they could buy theme park rights and use Happy Feet? And move all the SpongeBob stuff into Happy Harbor. Oh and something Jaws.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
*Bump*

I am really not quite sure it could ever happen, but blue sky, it does open up some great opportunities for a 5th gate, without some of the issues to come with it. Its a great theme that Disney could then work with. I think the Living Seas would also be ok, something similar to The Land/Adventureland next to Animal Kingdom. A lot of great ride opprotunities that just wouldn't fit. Side note--- I also think that a land like this at DAK would be pretty cool, but it would be bigger and better as a full park.

Uni buying it, like Vox said, might make more sense, and there are still some great ways to turn this park into something awesome. Let's see if we can design something for either one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom