The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have 2 interviews tomorrow for jobs I really don't want but beggars can't be choosers. A phone interview for a job I actually do want. And I totally mess up a phone call from a job but got an interview anyway. So maybe hell is freezing over and my luck is turning.

Wow that is a pile of positive news, yay!

The earliest my DD was to hear about last weeks interview is tomorrow but could be longer. Today she set up two interviews out of town for the second week in November that she applied for over 45 days ago.

*Pixie Dust* flying for all of you!

donaldtoo

OK, then how 'bout a silly, happy, smiling mouse...?!

mickey+mouse+disney.jpg

:joyfull: ;) :)

StarWarsGirl

That picture just reminded me that there's a stray cat without fur living near my house. Would that work?
complaining I haven't used that method yet...
Yes it would work. All kitties deserve homes.

If you do your research and make your case, it sometimes works.
For the record, I'm not trying to be mean or critical; it just baffles me that someone could not own something as simple as a vacuum. Like I said, here it's non negotiable. My mom and I both have asthma and allergies, we have a cat, and my brother and dad also have allergies. So we've got a good Dyson. We have to invest, but vacuums don't have to be a huge investment

Gabe1

I recently bought 6 bags of "snack" size candy bars for trick or treaters. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how much smaller the bags are this year?? :eek: I'm having second thoughts: I may need to go out and buy 2 more bags, just to be sure we have enough for the children who ring the doorbell on Halloween.

Meanwhile, my dog hates Halloween, because of all the little people invading his "den". We've learned over the years to keep him in an upstairs room, with the door shut, so that he won't run down the stairs and scare the little kids at the door! :jawdrop: (That doesn't stop him from barking up a storm, however!)

Yes, they are smaller. I priced it out, I now buy full size candy at Sams Club in large boxes that are like the kinds in racks at 7/11 or the grocery store. I let my DD pick it out, whatever is left over I use to send to her dorm room.
Now she can take it to work. Whatever I send and she puts in the Staff room is gobbled up! :hungry:

Yeah, for the first hour Walt barks too. Then the novelty wears off.

tcool

Okay now to see if mom would let me keep it...

For the record, I'm not trying to be mean or critical; it just baffles me that someone could not own something as simple as a vacuum. Like I said, here it's non negotiable. My mom and I both have asthma and allergies, we have a cat, and my brother and dad also have allergies. So we've got a good Dyson. We have to invest, but vacuums don't have to be a huge investment
I found one! At the back of the coat closest behind the science fair boards which I thought were there walls because the brown cardboardy part was facing me. I'm also a bad looker:p

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Sometimes the Cleaning Lady moves my mail and I don't see it.
I guess I missed opening the boys' cell phone bill last month.

Imagine my consternation when I saw this today:
Total if received by Nov 10, 2014 - $1,354.65
(I can't get the photo to upload for some reason.)

$1,354.65 - I kid you not!

So, I paid it online, and then on Thursday after the payment has cleared, I will pay off their combined "tab" (the amount outstanding on the phones), and those little (insert any word you want here) can "pay as you go".

Out-rageous! More than $1300 for 2 months worth of cell service on two phones!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

Owning a Dyson is like owning a pick-up truck!
Once your friends know you have one, they always want to borrow it.

That being said, I LOVE my Dyson.

donaldtoo

So, I paid it online, and then on Thursday after the payment has cleared, I will pay off their combined "tab" (the amount outstanding on the phones), and those little (insert any word you want here) can "pay as you go".

Sympathy "like".

And, excuse my French, but...
**** ****!!!!!!!

StarWarsGirl

Oof. This is partially why we have pay as you go...

Gabe1

And so it begins.....

a child traveling from Liberia to Ohare became ill in route and has been taken to Luire Children's Hospital. They have opted not to test the child but transfer to UofC Hospital and put in isolation for further observation. Then a second passenger became ill too and has also been taken off to isolation at a different hospital in Chicago. They were not traveling together and are not related.

....and now we wait to see if everyone will fear Chicago.

StarWarsGirl

Oh, it'll happen. The amount of my Facebook friends who thought that MD was going to become infected because the nurse was transferred to Bethesda was ridiculous. They must have missed the part where she was taken by an ambulance airplane, she wore protective gear en route, everyone caring for her also wore protective gear, and that by being placed there, in one of four biocontainment units in the country, not only is she more likely to recover, but she's less likely to spread the disease to others.

If that was the reaction just from bringing the nurse here, I can only imagine the reaction in Chicago.

donaldtoo

And so it begins.....

a child traveling from Liberia to Ohare became ill in route and has been taken to Luire Children's Hospital. They have opted not to test the child but transfer to UofC Hospital and put in isolation for further observation. Then a second passenger became ill too and has also been taken off to isolation at a different hospital in Chicago. They were not traveling together and are not related.

I'm just gonna' eat an ***load of Texas BBQ and Chicago-style deep dish pizza, and try not to think about it all...! :D ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom