Safari Truck Collides with Water Bridge

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
idk but i've been pulled over by the count police.
The Count Police?

One cop car ah ah ah
Two cop cars ah ah ah
310px-Count_Kneeling.png

R W B

Must admit I was expecting more lol.

Ill also say this, I do a lot of Hot Shot style trucking so I pull a lot of trailers with my truck with all different type of loads on them and IMO, this is 99% the fault of the driver. It's on your trailer, you're driving, you have to make sure you can phisically make it where you need to go. Just because some guy in a suit behind a desk hands you a piece of paper saying to go this particular route doesn't pull blame from the driver. I've stopped in the middle of the road before in situations like this to get out and check, held up traffic, got honked at and curse at but I didn't care, gotta do what you have to do to make sure this doesn't happen.

dadddio

Keep in mind, I know nothing about welding, but it looks like they just need to replace the two or three support beams attached to the truck (the canopy supports). It shouldn't be that hard, but don't think it's going to be cheap. Somebody probably lost their job for this.
A hundred years ago when I was a college freshman, I had a job delivering furniture. One day, one of my coworkers stupidly tried to take a delivery van through a fast food drive thru line and tore a huge gash in the roof. Our boss was quite visibly displeased with him, but the guy didn't get fired. The truck was sent for repair, an insurance claim was submitted, and everyone learned to think about the size of the vehicle as they drove about.

badrew

This happened all the time where I live at a particular bridge. The problem was every time they paved the clearance lessened but no one accounted for that. Semi trucks would hit it all the time.

Best part is first time no one could figure out how to get the truck out. A 10 year old boy suggested deflating the tires.

Would that happen to be the Spaghettiville bridge?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've never seen working girl. This is a true story from something that happened in the late '70s. I guess he made the suggestion several times before an adult would actually listen to him. This area recently underwent a major rehab where they dug the road down much deeper. The area where I live that is.

So that's where the screen writer for Working Girl got the idea. Because that is nearly verbatim the dialogue in the movie, except it's a little girl.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
I feel like u want me to prove this to you. Am I missing something?

No, not at all and I apologize if I made you think that. :oops:

More a comment on the lack of creativity and originality in movies these days. When I saw that scene in the movie, I thought, "wow, that's a smart and inventive screen writer to make up a story like that so the character relating the story can make the point about not overthinking solutions". Like I said, the screen writer lifted his dialogue almost verbatim from what I guess was a news report? Just changed the gender of the child. Probably to avoid charges of plagiarism.

4disneylovers

No, not at all and I apologize if I made you think that. :oops:

More a comment on the lack of creativity and originality in movies these days. When I saw that scene in the movie, I thought, "wow, that's a smart and inventive screen writer to make up a story like that so the character relating the story can make the point about not overthinking solutions". Like I said, the screen writer lifted his dialogue almost verbatim from what I guess was a news report? Just changed the gender of the child. Probably to avoid charges of plagiarism.

Thank you for clarifying. I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. :confused:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you for clarifying. I'm sorry I took it the wrong way. :confused:

No problem, went back and looked at my first post and realized that it could be interpreted that way. That's the problem with the internet, no voice or facial expressions to provide context.

Just caps, bold, italics and emoticons....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom