Pre-Trip Well, That Just Happened......

Alright it's finally my turn to write a Pre-Trip (eventually Trip) report. For so long I've sat back and read so many great trip reports, but now I get the pleasure to do one myself. See, we live a mere 30 minutes from WDW and our trips usually consist of about 3-4 hours, just getting out of the house and walking around a little bit. Every time we've been to Disneyland it's usually a last minute idea I had while before a business trip. Not this time!!!!

So here it is. We booked a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise, and we booked it roughly a week before it sails. Yup! That's right, I only had to wait 7 days before my cruise came!!!! Everything lined up so perfectly for this to happen, and I mean everything... Finances, dog care, time off work, etc.

Ok so lets get into it.....

Here's the cast for this vacation:

RJH_7970-1.jpg

On the left, that's me Ryan, middle is my daughter Michaela (Now 17 months old), and my wife Rachel.

This will be our second time sailing the high seas aboard the Magic. First time was a 3 day cruise, and for some reason I never thought to write a trip report. Maybe because we went with family and I didn't want to bother them with my excessive writing crap down. However, this time we really plan to blow it out. I debated doing a teaser of our pirate costumes but you'll have to wait, they are going to be a lot of fun. Our Halloween costumes are coming along amazingly. We got all of our door and room decorations lined up and so ready to go. And of course, my go to cruise drink, has been purchased in a reasonable quantity. I love you rum.

Details:
Oct 26th - Nov 2nd - Can't wait to celebrate Halloween on the High Seas!!
Disney Magic - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom, no patio this time though, boo!
2nd Seating Dinner - My favorite.
Itinerary:
-St. Maarten - We haven't figured out what to do here, suggestions?
-St. Thomas/St. John (Fun Fact: Wife lived in St. John for 2 years.) - Relying on Wife to lead me around.
-Castaway Cay (I love this place so much) - The only planned thing here is the Glass Bottom Boat tour. I usually will find a chair and someone who makes strong drinks.

So since I literally live roughly 10 minutes from the port there really won't be much of a traveling to the boat story, but don't worry I'll make it entertaining......

Well that's all for now. We are so freaking excited for it we can't hardly wait. This has been possibly the most excruciating week at work and I'm only two days in, AHHHH!!!!!!

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Sounds great.

When in St Maarten, if you have the possibility to visit the French side instead of the Dutch one just go for it, it's much more beautiful there, more authentic.

mrdrift

What a great last minute vacation plan. A Disney cruise, will be watching for the trip report and all the pictures from that awesome cruise ship. Have a MAGICAL time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom