Luigi's flying tires

Sparky359621

Original Poster
Luigi's flying tires is scheduled for a year long refurbishment from Jan 12, 2015 to Dec 1, 2015. Rumor is the ride is being replaced because of long lines and low guest satisfaction. The rumor also says this new trackless 'flat' ride is also being developed for the Hollywood Studios remodel.

Tom

Beta Return
We gave Luigi's a shot when we were out there last year. Neither my wife nor I could figure it out at all. Interesting that they didn't learn from the first time they tried that type of ride at DLR....the Flying Saucers.

lazyboy97o

Seeing that it sounds like a waterless version of Aquatopia, it is not really that new of a ride concept that needs development.

IowaHawks7

Heard the maintenance to fix it was becoming too costly and it often was down. So theyre just going to replace it with another ride. This is from Micechat

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We were there last year week before Memorial Day and the lines topped out around 20/30 minutes. My kids thought it was a lot of fun (preschoolers). I'm glad we got to ride it before the change too.

I wonder if the ride is easier to control with just one adult Since it was just me and a 3 year old I was pretty much in the center and could move around fairly easily. I could see how two adults having to work together from opposite sides would be much harder.

George Lucas on a Bench

The warnings not to stand on the tire when boarding was the second indication something was wrong. The first was the complete lack of a wait. Once you do get on, it's the most awkward thing ever. The vehicles barely move, many of them are just wedged together with confused riders and you're left with this "what the **** was that?" reaction after it's all over. I wouldn't miss it.

GiveMeTheMusic

The rumors of Luigi's Flying Tires closing came out of nowhere three weeks ago in a Miceage Update. Many folks refused to believe it, even though Miceage has broken a lot of wild stories like this that turned out to be true.

The Miceage Update info is available for reading here: http://micechat.com/82221-enhancements-for-disneyland/

Take a look at the forum sometime. Each time an update is posted scads of comments talking about how wrong they are and full of BS they are get posted. Really bad juju going on in there.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I do like Luigi's. It's a fun little ride. I'll miss the current version, but I hope they come up with something fun for its replacement.

JediMasterMatt

The Flying Tires have gotten better over the years. They made some changes to the skirts that have allowed them to float much better than they did initially. The last two years, we've actually had fun with them and have been able to get them to move around. Granted, where you float is never guaranteed; but, the experience is unique and a fine diversion. The updrafts while riding did make for some good photo opportunities with hair as well.

That being said, during my visit in late August I was told that it's days were likely numbered with the high number of accidents from people stepping in and out of the tub over the skirt being the tipping point (pun not intended, but tipping over the skirt is close enough) for management when combined with the maintenance and low satisfaction.

I'm glad that the building will get repurposed as Cars Land doesn't need another gift shop.

TP2000

Take a look at the forum sometime. Each time an update is posted scads of comments talking about how wrong they are and full of BS they are get posted. Really bad juju going on in there.

I've looked. Personally, I can't stand the Micechat forums. It's like a whole bunch of Junior High kids got home from school early, jumped online, and started asking dumb questions and making idiotic statements. They have no depth of knowledge about anything that happened before 2011, either at Disneyland or on Planet Earth in general. They are also challenged by grammar.

For a website with some really sharp columnists and great rumors, they have really dumb message board participants. (With a few exceptions.)

TP2000

Heard the maintenance to fix it was becoming too costly and it often was down. So theyre just going to replace it with another ride. This is from Micechat

I've never heard of a downtime at Luigi's. Every time I look at my wait time app it is always operating and always has a 5 or 10 minute wait.

rle4lunch

More like:

Kinda like that feeling when you got off Maelstrom at Epcot for the first time.

RIP Maelstrom ;):D:p

I for one, am not sad in the least bit to see that terrible, terrible ride go away. In no way does its incoherent, patched together 7 lines of spoken words represent any type of logical history of Norway, nor produce any type of 'entertainment' factor for the rider. I award that ride no points, and God have mercy on its soul.

All you were left with after the ride was a deep sense of confusion followed by a cloud of cheap cologne and a sudden yearning to go on a 7 day cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom