Counter Service suggestions and help

Thomas_M

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.

I wanted to reach out to the board for their help and thoughts on their suggested/favourite counter service spots in each of the parks.

My family and I will be travelling in early December and lunches will be the meals we'll end up eating at the parks and wanted to know your thoughts and preferences.

On a side note, I knew of the Starbucks being opened along main street in the bakery but was not aware (after reviewing the menu on the Disney site) that they pretty much removed all of the baked goods? I know I can now get a cinnamon bun at Gastons but can you please confirm if there's not much else at the main street bakery now other then then standard Starbucks beverage menu?

I appreciate everyone's time and help with this.
Have a great day!

SpaceMountain75

There are lots of good counter service options in the parks IMO. Some of my favorites are:
MK- Be Our Guest (try to sit in the West Wing if you go!)
EP- Sunshine Seasons (my personal favorite :))
HS- Starring Rolls Cafe
AK- Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe

As for Starbucks, they have the baked goods that are offered in every other Starbucks with a few specifically-Disney snacks (obligatory Olaf Cake Pop).

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Agree with above that the parks have some delicious QS options.

MK - BOG , Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills, Sleepy Hollow

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons (love their sandwiches esp the turkey , and their strawberry shortcake!! Lots of options here) , Electric Umbrella, Germany QS

HS- Fairfax Fare (they have a delicious huge truffle Mac and cheese hot dog with a little bacon on top)

AK- Flame Tree Barbecue , Pizzafari, Restaurantaurus

I'm sure I am leaving some out but as you can see there are lots of great options. :)

Oh about Starbucks yes they pretty much got rid of all the MSB goodies and replaced with Starbucks products except a few cupcakes and cookies. Nothing like the original bakery!!! Oh and the cinnamon roll at Gastons is DEFINATELY NOT THE SAME AS MSB HAD. Icing is different , smaller, drier, not warm ever each time I had one, not the warm/hot ooey gooey deliciousness the original had. :(

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.

I wanted to reach out to the board for their help and thoughts on their suggested/favourite counter service spots in each of the parks.

My family and I will be travelling in early December and lunches will be the meals we'll end up eating at the parks and wanted to know your thoughts and preferences.

On a side note, I knew of the Starbucks being opened along main street in the bakery but was not aware (after reviewing the menu on the Disney site) that they pretty much removed all of the baked goods? I know I can now get a cinnamon bun at Gastons but can you please confirm if there's not much else at the main street bakery now other then then standard Starbucks beverage menu?

I appreciate everyone's time and help with this.
Have a great day!
This will help with the MK Starbucks offerings

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/main...y-at-the-new-starbucks-main-street-bakery.htm

CheshireCat12

MK- Pecos Bills burgers, Tortuga tavern nachos, CHH mac and cheese/pot pie
EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe (shawarma), Boulangerie
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
DHS- no standouts here for me

NiarrNDisney

Best Counter Service in the parks (according to me)

MK - Columbia Harbour House, Liberty Tree Market, Sleepy Hollow, Tortuga Tavern

Epcot - Katsura Grill, Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Yorkshire Fish Shop

DHS - Backlot Express, Starring Rolls, Studio Catering Co.

DAK - Flametree Barbecue, RestaurantoSaurus, Yak & Yeti Local foods

DTD - Cookes of Dublin, Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express

JillC LI

Our family's faves:
MK: Cosmic Rays, Casey's Hotdogs, and we want to try BOG
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene Cafe, Yorkshire Fish Shop
DHS: Min's Dockside Diner
AK: Flametree BBQ, Yak & Yeti

DisneyJunkie

Best Counter Service (parks and/or resorts):

Wilderness Lodge: Roaring Forks
Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Pinoccio Village Haus
Epcot: Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons
DHS: Rosie's All American
AK: Pizzafari

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My favorites?

MK: Casey's, Cosmic Rays and if you can snag a FP+, Be Our Guest. Would add Tortuga, but it isn't always open
DHS: Starring Rolls
Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree and Yak & Yeti Local
EPCOT: Yorkshire Fish & Chips

teadrinker

I found The Boardwalk Bakery,(not too far from Epcot or Hollywood studios) Les Halles Epcot and Starring Rolls Hollywood Studios.Hope you enjoy. Are you on the dinning plan? If so these are good value. If you go to downtown Disney Wolfgang puck market place is great value too.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I found The Boardwalk Bakery,(not too far from Epcot or Hollywood studios) Les Halles Epcot and Starring Rolls Hollywood Studios.Hope you enjoy. Are you on the dinning plan? If so these are good value. If you go to downtown Disney Wolfgang puck market place is great value too.

Forgot about Wolfgang Puck's at Market Place - love the Asian salad. It's pretty nice for a quick service restaurant and excellent food, IMHO. And where I will be eating next Monday evening.... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom