Trip Report Our Wonder-ful October 2014 cruise and Magic Kingdom day

Hi all! We are back.:( But we had an incredible time and I can't wait to share it with you all!

First up, introductions! This was a kid free trip with just myself, Amy, and my husband, Brian. We were on a 5 night Castaway Cay double dip cruise on the Wonder starting October 1, followed by one day in the Magic Kingdom before flying home.
Here we are in DHS during my 40th birthday trip last November.

Wednesday, October 1
Our day started way too early when the alarm went off at 3:15 am! The fact we were going to Disney made it a little bit easier to get out of bed, but not much!! We were pulling out of our driveway by 4:25 am to make the drive to Columbus to catch our 7 am flight. We boarded our flight and pulled away from the gate right at 7 am. It was still dark on the ground, but once we were in the air we could see the sun rising.

The flight was uneventful, and before we knew it, we were on the ground in Orlando. I took a quick break to change from jeans to shorts, then we took our first ride of the trip!

Ok, so it wasn't a very exciting ride, but the kids always consider it the first ride!!
We quickly made our way to this sign:

And followed the signs until we found this one:

There was no line, so they checked us in and sent us right out to the waiting bus. It was pretty full, but we found a seat about 1/3 of the way back. Unfortunately, it had one of the "stickers" covering most of the window which made it hard to get good pictures! Our bus and the one right next to it pulled out very shortly after we boarded, which was about 9:30 am. I was able to get this pic of the other bus as it was pulling out.

It seemed like no time at all before the driver was telling us to look out the windows to see the Wonder. There she is:

I may have been bouncing in my seat like a little kid at that point!:oops:
Here is a picture of the terminal as we were pulling in:

I just love the seat fabric on the bus.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Lovin' the report, can't wait to go on the Wonder in April! Is it chilly on board, I never thought about it but I see you in a sweater on and off, just curious, I get cold easily so should I plan on packing a sweater...
Thank you! I was pretty consistently cold while inside on the ship. I would definitely take a sweater with you to dinner, to the movie theater, and to the shows!

LisaBelle

Loved your halloween costumes. I read about them in your pre-trip and I think they turned out great! You guys look like you are having so much fun! All these cruise reports are really making me want to take a Disney cruise.

wogwog

Thanks again for sharing the pictures. Don't wait to long to sail again. I will sail the Magic in December. But since I have admitted I am lazy I will not take great pictures like you do. As for the crayon games, I usually cheat and break one in half.

Loving the pie on a stick. Yum.

Bon voyage.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Loved your halloween costumes. I read about them in your pre-trip and I think they turned out great! You guys look like you are having so much fun! All these cruise reports are really making me want to take a Disney cruise.
Thanks! You really do need to take a Disney cruise! I think you would have a fantastic time!!
Thanks again for sharing the pictures. Don't wait to long to sail again. I will sail the Magic in December. But since I have admitted I am lazy I will not take great pictures like you do. As for the crayon games, I usually cheat and break one in half.

Loving the pie on a stick. Yum.

Bon voyage.
Thanks for reading! Have a great trip on the Magic!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We are going on our 8th DCL cruise in May and I was wondering how I go about getting a table for two like you did?
Loving your trip report BTW!
Thanks! We had our TA request it on our reservation. I would imagine you could also call DCL directly and have them put the request in.

PolynesianPrincess

LOVING the Goonies shirt Brian had on :) My mom, sister and I wear the same ones on pirate night! Mom's is black and ours are red. Anything Goonies is perfect for pirate night!

The jerski excursion looks fun! We are doing the one at Castaway Cay.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Im loving this report so much!!
Thank you!
LOVING the Goonies shirt Brian had on :) My mom, sister and I wear the same ones on pirate night! Mom's is black and ours are red. Anything Goonies is perfect for pirate night!

The jerski excursion looks fun! We are doing the one at Castaway Cay.
I figured a Goonies shirt would be the only pirate type shirt he would even consider wearing!

We really enjoyed the jet ski tour. We talked about maybe doing the Castaway Cay one next time.

SharonD

All caught up and enjoying your report! You sure did get lots of fantastic photos of the two of you, as well of great photos of the whole experience.

Looking forward to more.

Disneyfalcon

It looks like you had a gorgeous day at Castaway Cay overall! I love your chairs in the water. We normally pull down chairs and put our feet in, but you were seriously in the water! I need to try that. It's crazy that the adult beach was so full!

I love Mickey waffles, but I'm not crazy about them onboard. I don't like the small hard ones. I like the big soft ones! And you know I'm all about coke for breakfast. :)

Your costumes are adorable!! I love them! No wonder your server felt like you needed more and more pictures! Ha!

Poor hat! Kelly's new hat flew off her head on Mine Train in September and somehow the person behind her caught it!!

Chocolate covered Key lime pie on a stick is my number one goal in November. Key West will only be a success if we find it. :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
All caught up and enjoying your report! You sure did get lots of fantastic photos of the two of you, as well of great photos of the whole experience.

Looking forward to more.
Thank you! I'm enjoying your report also, even though I haven't commented yet!:oops:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It looks like you had a gorgeous day at Castaway Cay overall! I love your chairs in the water. We normally pull down chairs and put our feet in, but you were seriously in the water! I need to try that. It's crazy that the adult beach was so full!

I love Mickey waffles, but I'm not crazy about them onboard. I don't like the small hard ones. I like the big soft ones! And you know I'm all about coke for breakfast. :)

Your costumes are adorable!! I love them! No wonder your server felt like you needed more and more pictures! Ha!

Poor hat! Kelly's new hat flew off her head on Mine Train in September and somehow the person behind her caught it!!

Chocolate covered Key lime pie on a stick is my number one goal in November. Key West will only be a success if we find it. :)
We had just our feet in for a little while, but then we decided to just go for it! It was really relaxing!

I was so excited to see the Mickey waffles, only to be sooooo disappointed with them! I got my real Mickey waffle though when we were at the Contemporary!!

I was very pleased with the way our costumes turned out, and they were very easy to pack.

I ended up ordering him a new hat online while we were having lunch at Margaritaville! He's not a little spoiled or anything, huh!?!

It seemed like just about every store that had food was selling the packets of Kermit's Key Lime Pie on a stick. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sunday, October 5
Our last full day of the cruise.:( But at least we would be at Castaway Cay again!!
We were up fairly early and enjoyed the view from our verandah for awhile. We watched the approach to Castaway Cay.

Then we headed up to Beach Blanket Buffet for breakfast. I had to get pics of these murals again:

I love that I got to see that every day when we used the stairs.
We found a seat outside to eat breakfast and enjoy the scenery.

It was still too early to get off the boat, so we returned to the room and read for a little while on the verandah.
It was finally time to go!! We were off the boat in no time flat and took our time walking to our spot on the beach.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Then it was finally time to get in! The water was a little chilly to start with, but we got used to the temperature fairly quickly.

I spent quite a bit of this morning with just my toes in the water because of the temperature! It was great if you were all the way in, but when we were sitting in the chairs with the water lapping over us, it got a little chilly!

Brian didn't seem to mind though!

Before we knew it, our tummies started grumbling and it was time to head up for lunch. We ate at Cookie's Too. I loved all the signs on the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom