Do they sell Disney movies at the WDW area/parks?

Alexis

Original Poster
Hi! I've been wondering if they sell Disney movies at either the park or Downtown Disney?

I always am at Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney, especially at World of Disney store & i never can see to come across any Disney movies. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right areas.
Does anyone know where they might be sold?

Jahona

I've seen a small display at both World of Disney in Downtown Disney and the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom. It's usually only six or so titles.

AndyS2992

I've personally seen them at World of Disney, a store at Disney's Hollywood Studios and a little selection at Pop Century resort.

Animaniac93-98

Best store to buy them is the Writer's Stop at DHS. It's over by the Sci-Fi Dine In. Lots of DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, books etc.

Emporium has them in the first part as you enter from Town Square. It's typically the most recent titles.

Virgin Megastore was the best when it was around.

Alexis

Original Poster
Best store to buy them is the Writer's Stop at DHS. It's over by the Sci-Fi Dine In. Lots of DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, books etc.

Emporium has them in the first part as you enter from Town Square. It's typically the most recent titles.

Virgin Megastore was the best when it was around.
Thanks! I'm just trying to add to my collection of movies.

devoy1701

Yes they do, but ridiculously overpriced. You're better off on Amazon or the Disney Movie Club (buying in bulk to take advantage of the 50-60% off...not individually)

Alexis

Original Poster
Yes they do, but ridiculously overpriced. You're better off on Amazon or the Disney Movie Club (buying in bulk to take advantage of the 50-60% off...not individually)
Ugh! I figured they would charge an arm & a leg for their movies! Almost like the other products! Expensive!

RScottyL

Hi! I've been wondering if they sell Disney movies at either the park or Downtown Disney?

I always am at Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney, especially at World of Disney store & i never can see to come across any Disney movies. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right areas.
Does anyone know where they might be sold?

The question is....why would you want to?

As mentioned above, they would be way overpriced than what you can get off Amazon or online somewhere!

Only reason to get it, is if it is specifically park related and/or it is hard to find!

copcarguyp71

The question is....why would you want to?

As mentioned above, they would be way overpriced than what you can get off Amazon or online somewhere!

Only reason to get it, is if it is specifically park related and/or it is hard to find!

Selling overpriced anything does not seem to stop them...They rely on being blinded by pixie dust for the greatest part of their marketing plans in the marks. I think the Amazon or online approach can be said of most of the merch. I have often wondered myself why there are not more movies for sale at the parks. I forget which movie we wanted to buy while we were onsite last time but I remember also being surprised that not even the Disney Store in DTD had much for sale.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I always wonder if people get off a Disney themed ride they haven't seen the movie to and now want to watch it because of the ride... Rides with lesser known movies like Dinosaur, A Bugs Life..

Ulysses McGill

You can buy select Disney movies on property, but it's almost always a 'latest and greatest' kind of selection. Like right now, 90% of it would be copies of Frozen, whatever the latest special edition Blu-rays are and some Disney Jr. selections. It's not like you're going to find some rarity in the library like Song of the South (which has been out of print forever), The Black Cauldron or Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

Personally, I'd just order all that off Amazon to get the lowest prices. Disney is going to have about an extra 30-40% markup on movies like that. Plus, a copy of Sleeping Beauty is a copy of Sleeping Beauty whether you got it at Magic Kingdom, MovieStop, Amazon or any other retailer.

Cmdr_Crimson

I always wonder if people get off a Disney themed ride they haven't seen the movie to and now want to watch it because of the ride... Rides with lesser known movies like Dinosaur, A Bugs Life..

Or This..
2c9a6ade-a61e-4365-a621-ca2ae90fa394_size_640.jpg

Or This...
country_bears.jpg

Or This...
a5kPr8ZcBGvyO8HpUlzyG55Jnuw.jpg

And Even this one..Considering it was Based after Mission: Space
mission-to-mars-movie-poster-2000-1020212560.jpg

MarkTwain

Or This..
2c9a6ade-a61e-4365-a621-ca2ae90fa394_size_640.jpg

Or This...
country_bears.jpg

Or This...
a5kPr8ZcBGvyO8HpUlzyG55Jnuw.jpg

And Even this one..Considering it was Based after Mission: Space
mission-to-mars-movie-poster-2000-1020212560.jpg

Many shops actually carry the Tower of Terror movie!

The issue with most of the Disney animated features is that they're kept in the "Disney vault", so Disney won't sell them in the parks. They sell only the recently released or re-released Disney movies, just like everywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom