What did you do?

JillC LI

Strange, isn't it? I think I messed up my back while sleeping. Maybe it twisted funny in the middle of the night. But did 16 this morning pain free. Now that I'm back home my back hurts again. Not that bad though.

37 for the week. Getting physically stronger. It's all mental at this point.

I hope your back is feeling better today. My hip is still hurting me, albeit a bit less than Saturday. I still have absolutely no idea what I did to it. Doesn't seem like the kind of pain I could have caused by sleeping funny, and if I did something to pull a muscle, you'd think I'd remember it. Gonna do an easy run tonight regardless.

While I've been limping around, DS broke the 20 minute mark in a 5K this weekend - 19:58!

Today was all about yoga.
Started my morning with my weekly Sunday morning yoga class.
In the early afternoon, I was lucky enough to be able to do a yoga demonstration for an AUTISM SPEAKS walk. Lots of families with autistic children and getting to share the benefits of yoga with them was amazing!

And later this afternoon I taught yoga to four very silly 6-8 year olds.

Now I've got convince my hubby to take me out to dinner, cuz this momma doesn't have any energy in her to make supper.

Sounds great Coryna. Great stuff with your yoga classes.

JillC LI

Kick A$$!

To my surprise, he broke his PR again last night with a 19:31! That makes him the second fastest runner on the high school team (first is a senior). The kid is on a roll.

As for me, 3.5 miles last night on the TM, easy pace.
I think I may have solved the hip mystery. We got pressure gates for our kitchen about 2 months ago when we got our puppy, and it's easier to step over them than to open and close them each time. Well I am the shortest person in the family, so it is more difficult for me to go over than anyone else. Because my hip has been tender, I've been opening the gates instead of stepping over, but last night I was feeling a bit better so I stepped over, and sure enough, sharp pain in the hip from lifting my leg in that manner. It must have been an injury that was gradually happening over time. I will have to be more careful going over those gates from now on.

Texas84

I think the damage has been there a long time, even before I was running like I did. Physio just wants me to ensure I cross train etc to make sure I build up a lot of other leg muscles and such so as to minimize injuries.

Sounds like you're getting some good care there. Hang in.

I hope your back is feeling better today. My hip is still hurting me, albeit a bit less than Saturday. I still have absolutely no idea what I did to it. Doesn't seem like the kind of pain I could have caused by sleeping funny, and if I did something to pull a muscle, you'd think I'd remember it. Gonna do an easy run tonight regardless.

While I've been limping around, DS broke the 20 minute mark in a 5K this weekend - 19:58!

The back was absolutely killing me this morning. Did my four miles and I'm fine now. Go figure. Be careful with that hip.

20-minute mark. Awesome!

fmingo36

Last night was I got in an hour of hot yoga (my new obsession!) and this morning got in 4.5 miles. I bought new sneakers over the weekend and both times I run with them I had knee pain. Not sure if it's the new sneakers or my untrained body. :in pain: Will try another run on Thursday with my insoles and see what happens.

Last edited:

Kristia

Last night was I got in an hour of hot yoga (my new obsession!) and this morning got in 4.5 miles. I bought new sneakers over and both times I run with them I had knee pain. Not sure if it's the new sneakers or my untrained body. :in pain: Will try another run on Thursday with my insoles and see what happens.
Even though they take a little getting used to, you may want to try the Hokas. I have no more knee or hip pain since I started using them. I know both Running Warehouse and Boulder Running Co offer money back returns if you don't like them. A couple months ago, I got the Kailuna model since they were on clearance. They don't have as much cushion as the Bondi, so I will probably go back to Bondi after this pair expires.

atrus79

4.12 w/avg pace of 10:55 p/mile ... not satisfied with my workout today.

Had something unusual happen to me ... stretched/warmed up as normal, got going at about a 10 minute pace. At 1.5 miles in, my right leg really stiffened up and it felt awkward to run/walk ... pushed through it and by 2.5 miles my right knee began bothering me. Pushed through that and by mile 3 I felt great and finished with a sub-10 minute mile for mile 4. Never have had that happen and at the time I thought I was getting injured somehow ... but I feel fine now , so it was just weird. Maybe it's the weather ... there is a Nor' Easter over me right now so I'll 'Blame it on the Rain' :)

JillC LI

4.12 w/avg pace of 10:55 p/mile ... not satisfied with my workout today.

Had something unusual happen to me ... stretched/warmed up as normal, got going at about a 10 minute pace. At 1.5 miles in, my right leg really stiffened up and it felt awkward to run/walk ... pushed through it and by 2.5 miles my right knee began bothering me. Pushed through that and by mile 3 I felt great and finished with a sub-10 minute mile for mile 4. Never have had that happen and at the time I thought I was getting injured somehow ... but I feel fine now , so it was just weird. Maybe it's the weather ... there is a Nor' Easter over me right now so I'll 'Blame it on the Rain' :)

Hope it doesn't happen again (the pain, not the fast finish! lol).

I used the TM this morning because of that same Nor'Easter. Got in a good speed workout though. Really pushed hard to finish it - reps of 3/4 mile at 8:40 pace (very fast for me) x 1/4 mile at 10 min pace.

Mr mom

Sounds like you're getting some good care there. Hang in.

The back was absolutely killing me this morning. Did my four miles and I'm fine now. Go figure. Be careful with that hip.

20-minute mark. Awesome!

Not surprised about your back, working the muscles etc in the legs and abdomen especially are great for reducing back pain. My sister has a really bad back, she was told walking and running etc was the best thing she could do for it

JillC LI

Wish I had a smartphone this morning to take a pic of the decal on the back of the car in front of me on the way to work. It was one of those oval stickers that usually says 26.2 or 13.1, but it said 0.0 and below that in small print "I DON'T RUN." Made me laugh.

atrus79

After a weird couple of days, I wanted to make sure that I got my run in today to test my leg. As I mentioned, while running Wednesday, my leg got stiff and then my knee started hurting ... then it went away. In the evening at home, my leg started bothering me again and almost all day yesterday, something didn't feel right. This morning it seemed to feel fine ... but mentally I was focused on it even though nothing seemed to be wrong.

With that said, although slower than normal purposely, I completed 5 miles at a 10:48 p/mile pace. Leg now feels back to normal ... no pain, no issues. Really strange ... the only thing I can tie it back to is using compression socks for the first time on my 17 mile run Saturday ... maybe my calf was adjusting. I'll push myself on Monday and see how it goes :)

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!

JillC LI

8 miles this morning at 9:59 pace. The last .1 miles I wanted to see what it felt like to run at my son's pace so I ran all out, but the fastest number I got on my garmin was 7:22, and I thought my lungs were literally going to explode out of my chest. I can't imagine what it's like for him to run 5K a whole minute faster than that. Speaking of which, his team went to the county finals today and qualified for State!

HRHPrincessAriel

Strange, isn't it? I think I messed up my back while sleeping. Maybe it twisted funny in the middle of the night. But did 16 this morning pain free. Now that I'm back home my back hurts again. Not that bad though.

37 for the week. Getting physically stronger. It's all mental at this point.
I did the same thing last night! I'm dreading my run in the morning.

imagination30

a very cool 82 dgrees and a time for a nice long run.. --- did 7.06 while on a sore hurt foot! at that.. , but it felt good to finally break out for a long run its been a while.. registerd for another half in april .... ( oh yea)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom