Discovery cove with kids under 6

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Hi guys, we are travelling over from England next August and are planning on going to discovery cove. There are 5 adults and my 2 daughters who will be 2 and 4 years old. Not all adults are doing the swim due to the fact that they have done it before. My question really is is it a good place to go with my daughters and will there be plenty for them to do during the day? Many thanks in advance.

Journey_On

I think your family will have a great time at Discovery Cove! The great thing is that everything is included with your admission (food, amenities, parking, etc.). Obviously your 2-year-old would not need to pay for admission, so that is nice.

I'm sure your daughters would enjoy the Explorer's Aviary where they can hand-feed all kinds of birds. They could go to the Freshwater Oasis and see the marmosets and river otters. They can go in Wind-away River (lazy river) and just float along (there are life jackets and pool noodles provided, free of charge for the day). They can go in Serenity Bay and just play in the water for a while (this pool is 80 degrees - the warmest pool in the park). And of course, there is the beautiful Grand Reef, where they can snorkel amongst stingrays and tropical fish (if they are able to snorkel). There are also sandy beaches, hammocks, and plenty of beach chairs around.

Even if they are too young to do the dolphin swim, they can still watch other guests do the dolphin swim, which I bet they would enjoy.

So if your daughters enjoy being in the water and seeing animals, I think they would enjoy Discovery Cove. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

If your daughters enjoy a beach location with the opportunity to swim or float in tubes around a lazy river and encounter wildlife then DC is a place that they'll love.
We've been three times although my daughters were a little older than yours on their first visit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom