The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Misophonia, the phobia of not being able to tolerate the sounds of impolite people chewing with their mouths open.

th

Gabe1

They ate $6000 pounds of weed, a bunch of sheep in the UK got to enjoy a very special snack.

The animals are said to have eaten several bags of cannabis that they chanced to find lying on the ground right next to one of their favorite grazing areas.

British-Sheep-Eat-4-000-5-043-6-435-Worth-of-Cannabis.jpg

StarWarsGirl

So far it's on the same spot on the ceiling. I'm just too short to reach it.
Well, if height is the problem, I'm not of much help.:p
One time I put a spider alive in the toilet and watched it struggle for life. Once it swam to the edge of the bowl, thinking it was free, I flushed it down the toilet. Spiders must die.

BWHAHAHAHA
Yes. If it comes in my house, it should expect to die. If it's outside, it may live. Pretty much the only bugs I release are ladybugs

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, I just did a quick search for Bigfoot; turns out the fella has been spotted in both Canada and the U.S. :p He must like walking around a lot. In western Canada, where he's been spotted, they refer to him as Sasquatch. In the U.S., he's referred to as Bigfoot. The earliest sighting (in Canada) goes back 93 years, so he can't keep up this pace much longer.
Oops, forgot to add - I think there's way more than one.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, I just did a quick search for Bigfoot; turns out the fella has been spotted in both Canada and the U.S. :p He must like walking around a lot. In western Canada, where he's been spotted, they refer to him as Sasquatch. In the U.S., he's referred to as Bigfoot. The earliest sighting (in Canada) goes back 93 years, so he can't keep up this pace much longer.
Oops, forgot to add - I think there's way more than one.

Gabe1

Potato... Potaato. They were called Mimeograph Machines were I was and yes they had that smell. It also created a generation of people that needed glasses from the eye strain of trying to make out what the hell it said on the paper.

Exactly my point! Where Potato vs Potaato is a pronunciation preference it differs from Product names becoming generic. Other examples are Kleenex, Coke, Chapstick, Crockpot, Rollerblades, Band-Aid, Ziplock bags.

StarWarsGirl

My DD University offers these products for their allergy sensitive students.
Thankfully for me, at least with nuts, shared equipment isn't an issue. May contain nuts or trace amounts is what I need to be careful with, and at home, when my mom used to make my brother's and my lunches, she would make my sandwich first before his and then wash the cutting board. I started making my own lunch the one morning that she put peanut butter on my sandwich instead of soy nut butter.

Pineapple is an entirely different beast. I have a specific brand of salsa that we buy because we know that there's no cross contamination with pineapple. If my mom has a pineapple, she has to cut it when I'm not home and wrap it up and put it on a shelf in the refrigerator that I don't use. For that reason alone, she doesn't buy it very much.

donaldtoo

I don't work retail anymore, but that is the way to do it. I can't imagine working for a place like J. Bank now. Everyday is the "best sale of the year!" "Buy so many of this and get this!" UGH. It's like a game.

Yep, me neither, other than an occasional 2.5 hour or so closing shift for this guy.
It was one of the last two retail jobs I had before my old architectural firm hired me back full-time. The other was at The Disney Store. TDS could get nutso. :confused:
Kay Jewelers was kinda' crazy, too. Associates practically elbowing each other to get to the next customer that walked into the store. :bored: We had this one customer that would buy an expensive piece of jewelry about every two weeks and then return it. Basically, she was just "borrowing" jewelry. The SM finally got corporate in on it and they put a stop to it. I finally quit that one after about 5 mos. when TDS made me a Lead Mgr. Did that and seasonal work at a calendar and game place in the same mall as TDS. As the seasonal gig was wrappin' up, the guy from the clothing store (his mall location is directly across from Kay Jewelers, and he was friends with the Kay SM) asked me to come work for him.
Yep, did retail for four+ years and don't wanna' ever go back, if I can help it.
But, I can if I hafta'. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom