Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

BrerJon

Why didn't I know about this sooner!!!!!! :banghead: I could've gone up the last day I rode.........

Argh me too, wish I'd known about this door. I thought I knew every inch of Epcot!

I did get to go up to the Seas lounge on the Undiscovered Future World tour though, that was great. I think Disney should run a 'corporate lounge tour' where you go to all of them - they're the nearest thing WDW has to Club 33.

Macca250

I know this has been discussed in length (heck I posted this image in jest) but does anyone have any update on how they're planning to combat capacity? Surely they're not stupid or short-cited enough to open the same ride system (minus the possibility of new boats) with a Frozen makeover? Utter chaos would ensue :jawdrop:...

EdC

I know this has been discussed in length (heck I posted this image in jest) but does anyone have any update on how they're planning to combat capacity? Surely they're not stupid or short-cited enough to open the same ride system (minus the possibility of new boats) with a Frozen makeover? Utter chaos would ensue :jawdrop:...
Fastpass+ only. That way, it's booked two months in advance. ;)

Alektronic

People haven't discussed the pavilion's second floor (above the ride entrance/exit) much, so here are some photos with descriptions.

Norway-Loft-Buffet-Hall-2-1000x563.jpg

This dining/conference area with the banquet tables is above the restaurant kitchen area. There is a presentation screen behind the curtain and a shelf for projection devices above/behind the archway. Those windows in the distance face toward the China pavilion. Ride entrance is toward the wall on the right-hand side (but behind the photographer).

Norway-Loft-Dinner-1-1000x563.jpg

Same as above, reverse angle (photographer's back is to the windows facing China).

Fijord-Room-Norway-pavilion-private-lounge-disney-epcot.jpg

Conference area with screen (back wall faces China).

Fijord-Room-Norway-pavilion-private-lounge-disney-epcot-meeting-space.jpg

Conference area with screen (back wall faces China).

A42T0542.jpg

The area in the distance is above the entrance, the area with the table/chairs is above the theater exit. Glass museum-style cases housed Norwegian artifacts.

A42T0537.jpg

The window on left is part of the front facade (over the theater exit), and the window in the distance overlooks the falls (most people outside don't notice this window unless they get close to the falls). Encased artifacts displayed along the wall on the right.

DSC01939.jpg

Windows with blue-ish trim are part of the facade, above the theater exit.

Norway-Loft-Reception-with-Bar-1000x563.jpg

Windows with blue-ish trim are part of the facade, above the ride entrance.

Northern-Lights-Room-Norway-pavilion-private-lounge-disney-epcot-meeting-space.jpg

Another view of from of the same area pictured directly above.

Norway-Loft-Lobby-Entrance-1000x563.jpg

These doors lead into main areas pictured above. This is the view upon exiting the elevator (that was cleverly hidden adjacent to the theater exit on the first floor).

Norway-pavilion-private-lounge-disney-epcot-Foyer-Piano.jpg

Reverse view of image pictured directly above.

maelstrom1.jpg

Exterior facade with the various windows pictured above.

There's a lot more space up there than many would think.

There is a lot more space now since everything has been totally removed.

ProfSavage

So, I've been doing some thinking.... If the exhibit in the Stave Church stays, explaining how Norwegian culture influenced the aesthetic of Frozen AND there is a new video about Norway at the end, kind of relating the same thing... it may actually work... just my thoughts.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So, I've been doing some thinking.... If the exhibit in the Stave Church stays, explaining how Norwegian culture influenced the aesthetic of Frozen AND there is a new video about Norway at the end, kind of relating the same thing... it may actually work... just my thoughts.
It could. but...my fear is that they will ruin it by shoving "Let it go" into every nook and cranny and speaker that they can.

ProfSavage

It could. but...my fear is that they will ruin it by shoving "Let it go" into every nook and cranny and speaker that they can.

True. Very true. I just rather be optimistic than pessimistic. I remember a lot of people were upset about the exhibit in the church and that turned out relatively okay. Just saying, if done correctly, it may not be the end of the World the way people are claiming it will be...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
True. Very true. I just rather be optimistic than pessimistic. I remember a lot of people were upset about the exhibit in the church and that turned out relatively okay. Just saying, if done correctly, it may not be the end of the World the way people are claiming it will be...
I have been against the Frozen overlay since day one, still am, but Im trying to be optimistic as well. I will give it a fair chance. I think I will sneak a bottle of booze on and every time we hear 'let it go', we will take shot. I should pretty toasted by the time the ride ends, thus allowing me to like it more!

ProfSavage

I have been against the Frozen overlay since day one, still am, but Im trying to be optimistic as well. I will give it a fair chance. I think I will sneak a bottle of booze on and every time we hear 'let it go', we will take shot. I should pretty toasted by the time the ride ends, thus allowing me to like it more!

Honestly I am absolutely torn about the overlay. On the one hand, I want a Frozen ride and don't want to wait another 20 years to get it in a Fantasyland upgrade. On the other, I am not sure if it does or does not belong in Norway - the jury is out on that and it is above my pay grade to decide that.

EdC

Perhaps Disney could capitalize on this by offering themed barf bags at the end of the ride for $4.50 and stomach pumping services for $50. You're probably going to be trashed by the time you try to step off.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Count me in. I can hold my liquor with the best of 'em. Though a spatula to scrape us out of the boat at the end may be necessary. That said, I'm ok with it.

Can we count the kids singing it in the guaranteed three hour long line as well? If that's the case, we will need an ambulance at unload.

spiritofNorway

great video, notice when the camera looks out the windows all the trees and lush landscaping that has since been ripped out?

This video I believe I took in 2011 or 12. It was before they put in more windows and cut most of the screen showing the "Norge! Norge!" slideshow in the club. (That disappeared when Disney took over the pavilion 100% in 2002 due to not being willing to pay for the rights). And yeah that big tree that was in the video is been replaced now with a much more "authentic" christmastree-thing. No Norwegian plants or tree survives Florida, but I think the way it is now is much more fitting and real...

I hope the Norway Club (its real name) gets a refurb as well.

aladdin2007

This video I believe I took in 2011 or 12. It was before they put in more windows and cut most of the screen showing the "Norge! Norge!" slideshow in the club. (That disappeared when Disney took over the pavilion 100% in 2002 due to not being willing to pay for the rights). And yeah that big tree that was in the video is been replaced now with a much more "authentic" christmastree-thing. No Norwegian plants or tree survives Florida, but I think the way it is now is much more fitting and real...

I hope the Norway Club (its real name) gets a refurb as well.

It will be interesting to see what they do up there, if anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom