Dinosaur Carnotaurus

Kitty17794

When I rode it a couple weeks ago I was excited to finally see the fixed version. The picture of me when it wasn't is of disgust and shock. I love this attraction, but it seems to get forgotten about more than others. I sure hope it's fixed when I go back in December.

To be fair, I think they have done some updates recently. Last time I was on (in Sept) I noticed more lighting/laser effects that I hadn't before. It looked like it had definitely had some work done, to me. So I don't think they've forgotten it completely. But something must have happened with the Carnotaurus after that.

Tom Morrow

Okay, I'm gonna sound like a newbie here, but a few days ago I rode and the b-mode Carno head appeared to move a little, which I had never seen before. Any validity to this, or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's interesting to see how Really BIG the last Carnotaurous is before the Drop..
maxresdefault.jpg

As usual... Universal did that better.
COASTERS_TREX.jpg

I will say, however.. The rest of the entire Dinosaur ride is a lot more thrilling than Uni's river ride :)

WelshBatman

For what it's worth, he was still broken as of this morning... I wish I could say I'm shocked that he's been down for so long but I'm just not anymore. However, a few first timers in the time rover with me were vocal about being disappointed that the huge payoff was such a letdown.

Cmdr_Crimson

COASTERS_TREX.jpg

I will say, however.. The rest of the entire Dinosaur ride is a lot more thrilling than Uni's river ride :)

I do believe that the ending was a metorite heading towards you before the switch to the Carno head during the earlier years of CTX..Anyone know?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I do believe that the ending was a metorite heading towards you before the switch to the Carno head during the earlier years of CTX..Anyone know?

I'm guessing it was replaced by the carno because it was kind of a major part of the Dinosaur movie??

Journey_On

I had no idea the carnotaurus had changed to a "Disco Yeti" type dinosaur until DBF and I rode it today. Took me by surprise because the carnotaurus was on the wrong side! But yep, still not working as of this afternoon.

Bairstow

More like the early weeks.
The meteorite finale didn't last long at all.
I'm guessing it was replaced by the carno because it was kind of a major part of the Dinosaur movie??

So are meteorites.

The ride was always intended to tie into the movie, even before the film was released.

KronosKeeper

COASTERS_TREX.jpg

Universal isn't infallible either, if you go during this time of the year there's almost always something wrong with Tiffany. Last year, she was missing her the skin on her arm for a few days before they removed the entire mechanical arm assembly until the refurb 3 months later. Depending on your view, that might even be worse than a B mode.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
@Alektronic

Quick question for you.

This Dino has been off stage for a month. What exactly might they be doing? I can't imagine any type of mechanical device needing 30 days of continual work to get right.

If I dropped my car off at the mechanic and he kept it for a month, I'd know he wasn't working on it. Is that what's going on here?

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

To be fair, I think they have done some updates recently. Last time I was on (in Sept) I noticed more lighting/laser effects that I hadn't before. It looked like it had definitely had some work done, to me. So I don't think they've forgotten it completely. But something must have happened with the Carnotaurus after that.

I'll agree with you- some of the lighting and other affects are absolutely improving. If the picture dinosaur and end dinosaur are fixed, the ride would be lovely in my eyes :)

peter11435

@Alektronic

Quick question for you.

This Dino has been off stage for months. What exactly might they be doing? I can't imagine any type of mechanical device needing 50-60 days of continual work to get right.

If I dropped my car off at the mechanic and he kept it for 2 months, I'd know he wasn't working on it. Is that what's going on here?

I know this Dino was working properly when I rode during the last week of September. So it hasn't been out for months continuously.

dreynolds1982

I did notice a few new greeen spiral laser-esque effects at the beginning and end, I guess to add to the time travel illusion, though I will say I didn't really care for the effect at the end. Something about it seemed to distract from from the carnotaur head finale, which I've always thought was one of the more terrifying ride endings no matter how many times I rode it.

Also, re: JP at IOA, they are definitely not infallible, though the T-Rex finale is impressive. One time I rode it and the brachiosaur was "sick" according to the sign on the scrim covering the area, though you could clearly see its half dipped head/neck sticking out of the top ha. And one time the T-Rex was apparently down and completely covered up at the end. Talk about taking away from the finale of a ride!

It is still gone. The picture perfectly shows what you get to see instead of the regular Carotaurus. Metal rods and all. They are all completely exposed by the flash. Looks terrible.

Alektronic

@Alektronic

Quick question for you.

This Dino has been off stage for a month. What exactly might they be doing? I can't imagine any type of mechanical device needing 30 days of continual work to get right.

If I dropped my car off at the mechanic and he kept it for a month, I'd know he wasn't working on it. Is that what's going on here?

Either they are waiting for parts or making changes to the figure and that can take a long time just for the approval process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom