The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My geometry teacher sophomore year of high school had a smart board. She loved it.

My college doesn't have them. Though quite a few of us use e-textbooks. Quite a few still prefer traditional textbooks, though. I prefer ebooks. Mainly because my tablet is a lot lighter than those books.

My DD in college loved e-textbooks, her hippo math book that she used for 3 semesters in a row (cost a fortune) was not available in e-book. She was glad when she was done with it but still has it. One of the few she didn't sell.

Gabe1

My university still has these things lol.
and very old style 324p or less projectors.

aaaah the smell of corruption in the government controlled public universities!

Corrupt would be a harsh word here for Universities but Chicago has a hospital that will likely have a strike tomorrow. University trying to make positions 20% at will employees, a pretty high number in health care that is generally understaffed to start with. With all the great University hospitals to choose from in Chicago, that would make me choose a different one. It is all about money, nothing more.

Cesar R M

Corrupt would be a harsh word here for Universities but Chicago has a hospital that will likely have a strike tomorrow. University trying to make positions 20% at will employees, a pretty high number in health care that is generally understaffed to start with. With all the great University hospitals to choose from in Chicago, that would make me choose a different one. It is all about money, nothing more.
oh no, I mean corrupt as in .. there is always political fights.
For example, my university always gets political opponents of the main branch in the main city of Guadalajara.
Its very well known that they block each other and shun who they dont like.
The staffing and high positions are usually filled based on political interest, not skill.
sort of "scratch me and I will scratch yours" choosing.

MattC

Yep, this is a local, family-owned business, and extremely streamlined. Totally painless service. We sell to other guys, and that's the way us guys like it. In and out of that darn store, and nobody gets hurt. ;) :)

I don't work retail anymore, but that is the way to do it. I can't imagine working for a place like J. Bank now. Everyday is the "best sale of the year!" "Buy so many of this and get this!" UGH. It's like a game.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, you are indeed! ;) And he is color blind. Most of the time when there is any kind of function he just says 'just tell me what you want me to wear.' Being color blind he over the years would come out dressed and know that look and go back and try again. So basically he just finds it easier to ask.

My DD is color blind also, just not as profound as my DH. When she was away at college sometimes she'd send either my DS or me a text with photo and asked 'do these go together.'

I knew a guy who was color blind. He used to solve the clothing dilemma by wearing jeans 95% of the time, because any t-shirt he chose would not clash with jeans! :happy: (On those rare occasions when he wore a plain dark suit, he'd stick with a white shirt, and a tie that was given to him by his mother.)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If there is such a thing, it's gotta be in Canada.

So, I just did a quick search for Bigfoot; turns out the fella has been spotted in both Canada and the U.S. :p He must like walking around a lot. In western Canada, where he's been spotted, they refer to him as Sasquatch. In the U.S., he's referred to as Bigfoot. The earliest sighting (in Canada) goes back 93 years, so he can't keep up this pace much longer.

FutureCEO

So, I just did a quick search for Bigfoot; turns out the fella has been spotted in both Canada and the U.S. :p He must like walking around a lot. In western Canada, where he's been spotted, they refer to him as Sasquatch. In the U.S., he's referred to as Bigfoot. The earliest sighting (in Canada) goes back 93 years, so he can't keep up this pace much longer.

Anyone believe in Nessie?

lochnessmonster.jpg

Gabe1

I knew a guy who was color blind. He used to solve the clothing dilemma by wearing jeans 95% of the time, because any t-shirt he chose would not clash with jeans! :happy: (On those rare occasions when he wore a plain dark suit, he'd stick with a white shirt, and a tie that was given to him by his mother.)

And my DH over decades has done the same thing, jeans and a t-shirt to work always.

FutureCEO

I can send the cat over. She'll kill it. I can't guarantee that she'll dispose of it; you might need a vacuum, but she'll kill it. And then play with it

So far it's on the same spot on the ceiling. I'm just too short to reach it.

One time I put a spider alive in the toilet and watched it struggle for life. Once it swam to the edge of the bowl, thinking it was free, I flushed it down the toilet. Spiders must die.

BWHAHAHAHA

Goofyernmost

Ditto Machines and Mimeo Machines names were used interchangeably but they were different systems, with different methods. I believe it was the Ditto machine that had the gravitating smell.
Potato... Potaato. They were called Mimeograph Machines where I was and yes they had that smell. It also created a generation of people that needed glasses from the eye strain of trying to make out what the hell it said on the paper.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom