Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I'm a bit biased, because I absolutely loved him, but I think Spencer is the closest we've had to a great Survivor in the past few seasons. He'd be a dangerous player if he could actually get in the right tribe/alliance. If Kass wouldn't have flipped, he very well could have been the winner.
I agree. He had mastermind potential, but instead perfectly survived as long as he could being the target the entire time. It made for one of the best seasons ever, however. Some might even say the best. He could do well in an all star season. But the potential and likely problem with those is, everyone already knows everyone, so they are immediately targeted and in the final 7 or 8 we are left with the just the boring people they used to fill the cast, or the floaters, if I may use a BB term:D

RMichael21

I agree. He had mastermind potential, but instead perfectly survived as long as he could being the target the entire time. It made for one of the best seasons ever, however. Some might even say the best. He could do well in an all star season. But the potential and likely problem with those is, everyone already knows everyone, so they are immediately targeted and in the final 7 or 8 we are left with the just the boring people they used to fill the cast, or the floaters, if I may use a BB term:D
tumblr_ncfrngIfbU1qk08n1o1_500.gif

"That's right, I'm a floater and I'm not afraid to own it! Just like that tan, lace dress I'm wearing and that blood-red lipstick!"

tumblr_n97mjd6dyf1txis9uo1_500.gif

PUSH

I've only seen the first all-star season, and that's exactly why Rob C was voted out. I also think people underestimated Boston Rob because of how early he was voted out his first season. And I remember thinking Amber was just a fill-in, but she ended up winning (thanks mostly to Boston Rob). That was another great season. That and Cagayan are my favorite two that I've seen. My least favorite that I've seen has to be season 5, when Brian won. I didn't like anybody that time around.

artvandelay

I've only seen the first all-star season, and that's exactly why Rob C was voted out. I also think people underestimated Boston Rob because of how early he was voted out his first season. And I remember thinking Amber was just a fill-in, but she ended up winning (thanks mostly to Boston Rob). That was another great season. That and Cagayan are my favorite two that I've seen. My least favorite that I've seen has to be season 5, when Brian won. I didn't like anybody that time around.
The first All Star season has the best live reunion ever. Big Tom wanted to best up Boston Rob, Jerri walking off mid reunion and 5,000 Survivor fans going crazy like it was Wrestlemania.

artvandelay

The first All Star season has the best live reunion ever. Big Tom wanted to best up Boston Rob, Jerri walking off mid reunion and 5,000 Survivor fans going crazy like it was Wrestlemania.
And the proposal! Still disappointed BR didn't win.
forgot about the proposal. That was a total surprise!

NYwdwfan

Finally caught up. Still hate almost everyone and honestly can't remember their names. SO happy Drew is gone. And I finally figured out what annoys me about Baylor (and I'm embarassed to say it's completely superficial) - it's the orange nails. Who gets their nails done to go on Survivor? I'm sure it's a gel manicure since its holding up really well - but seriously - who puts "get a mani" on their to-do list before going on Survivor?

artvandelay

Finally caught up. Still hate almost everyone and honestly can't remember their names. SO happy Drew is gone. And I finally figured out what annoys me about Baylor (and I'm embarassed to say it's completely superficial) - it's the orange nails. Who gets their nails done to go on Survivor? I'm sure it's a gel manicure since its holding up really well - but seriously - who puts "get a mani" on their to-do list before going on Survivor?
Might be a good idea to have nail polish. Hard nails could be an advantage when trying to untie tight knots.

SAV

Not sure if I understand that vote and the reason behind it. And why Kelly and not Dale? He seemed like the bigger threat. Missy seems like a big PITA. I don't think Baylor lasts long if they would have whacked Missy. Now Dale can team up with the other old guy and pick of one of the couples. Which would most likely be Baylor and Missy.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I did not like Missy and Baylor at all this episode. I sided with Dale during rice-gate, and I found Missy's whole Momma-bear instinct good-hearted, but it has no place on Survivor. I still am not sure I understand the vote, at all, either. Not even Jon and Jaclyn voted together. Is Keith now on the best spot in the tribe?

RMichael21

I did not like Missy and Baylor at all this episode. I sided with Dale during rice-gate, and I found Missy's whole Momma-bear instinct good-hearted, but it has no place on Survivor. I still am not sure I understand the vote, at all, either. Not even Jon and Jaclyn voted together. Is Keith now on the best spot in the tribe?
I think so. When the tribe swap happened, I though Keith, Josh, and Reed would be the first people to go from their respective tribes, but I guess I was wrong about Keith. We'll see about Josh and Reed, but I honestly predict, they'll vote out Alec. But you never know. ;)

PUSH

The Kelly vote baffled me, too. Dale seems like a bigger strategic threat. I honestly don't think either of those couples would be a good one to side with. Missy and Baylor will backstab easily, but then Dale and Kelly have the smarts to outwit them. I probably would have voted Baylor or Missy, maybe Dale. Kelly seemed like the one to be least worried about. Unless they wanted to vote Dale, but thought Missy would come back with a vengeance.

artvandelay

Missy thought Kelly might have an immunity idol and they decided to split the vote between Dale and Kelly. Keith better keep his idol close because the couples will stick together and pick off the singles (Dale and Keith).

PUSH

I honestly didn't think it was that stiff of a penalty for the rice. Comfort vs not starving to death sounds like a very fair trade. And Jeremy is getting to me. All he does is complain about how everyone is stupid but him. Can't believe I thought he was going to be my favorite at one point! I do like Josh now, and I didn't like him in the beginning. Getting Dale out was the right move. He's smart, and the couples took another single out instead of creating more singles.

Since the merge is coming up next week, it will be interesting to see how couples vs singles go. Will there be any couples willing to vote the other out? Wes to Keith would be the obvious one to me since they aren't on the same tribe. And the doubles thing will be interesting for alliances. Not only will one person have to be swayed, but potentially two for power moves.

SAV

I thought the penalty was a bit weak. I was hoping for, "You want it, you need to vote someone out, right now, at our Portable Tribal Council boat! Everyone spread out, no talking, and go vote." That would have given them a decision to make.

The doubles vs singles thing does add another dynamic to it, for sure. I don't know if Dale was the right move or not. Simply because Baylor without mommy is no threat at all and an easy target. You saw how she was after Exile. They had a shot at Mommy, but didn't take it. Put on top of that that Missy seems to have the twin in her pocket already, that's a powerful 3 person alliance in this game of singles and doubles at best. They put that all out there after the challenge when she wanted to go there and protect her. All 3 of them are equally as useless, so they aren't a threat to each other and they all will think they can win against each other.

I actually am liking Jeremy now. He made complete sense about not giving up the comfort, especially since they just had to win a challenge(like they did). That tarp was very important to just give it up like that. He is playing a good single game. He could have made a big stink about it and put a target on himself, but he's complaining in the right place. Alone with just the camera where there are no repercussions from it.

Or they could have actually went down and tried to fish somehow(Like a long stick to use as a spear perhaps. Or try for crabs like the other tribe). I saw how to do a simple crab trap on-line. Take the extra pot they had, dig a hole and place it in it. Then set up some bait, many things wash up on shore, over the hole(make like a BBQ spit), the crabs go toward the food, fall in the pot and can't get out since it is metal. You have food. You would think someone would have researched that knowing you are going on Survivor.

PUSH

Interesting that Dale said in his interview that Missy has so many people that she's aligned with. Perhaps she has enough people wrapped around her finger to gain the majority alliance? Then she could lead it. She could potentially be a huge player, actually. And Baylor will do anything Missy says - Baylor is nothing without Missy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom