DCP Questions

Shhhh_Im_a_princess

Original Poster
I'm not sure if there is already a forum post about this but I have a few questions. Also ya'll can post y'all questions here too!
I'm a first time applicant for the DCP. I applied for the Spring Adv '15 and had my phone interview on Sept 18th. I was just wondering if it is normal to have not heard anything by now? Also, does anyone know what the order in which Disney hirers is?

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
If your interview was on the 18th, then your three week mark would have been October 9th. You're supposed to hear something no later than that date. When I went through the process for Spring Advantage '14 last fall, the same thing happened to me. Somewhere in the FAQ on the program site it says to send an email to
wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com if you've heard nothing about the status of your application by your three week mark. I emailed them two days after I hit three weeks and they emailed me back saying I would hear from them shortly. I was accepted a few hours later. They had misplaced my application. So, I would definitely look into it. Best of luck!

Shhhh_Im_a_princess

Original Poster
Did you get anything about whether or not you were pending yet?

You should have heard something by the first week of October if you were pended.

And there is no true order. I know they fill photopass and character attendants fairly fast and will continually add to merch/food up until a certain point.
I havent gotten anything about pending.
If your interview was on the 18th, then your three week mark would have been October 9th. You're supposed to hear something no later than that date. When I went through the process for Spring Advantage '14 last fall, the same thing happened to me. Somewhere in the FAQ on the program site it says to send an email to
wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com if you've heard nothing about the status of your application by your three week mark. I emailed them two days after I hit three weeks and they emailed me back saying I would hear from them shortly. I was accepted a few hours later. They had misplaced my application. So, I would definitely look into it. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! They said during my phone interview that at the latest I would hear back is Oct 25. Should I still email or should I just wait it out?

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
Oh! If they told you October 25th, then I would wait until then. But, if you don't hear anything that day I would email them the 26th and just kind of very politely say that you were told you'd hear something by now and wanted to make sure that there wasn't an issue with your application (or something like that). They may have had more applicants this time around and needed more time for review than the semester I did it (they told us 2-3 weeks maximum).

Shhhh_Im_a_princess

Original Poster
Oh! If they told you October 25th, then I would wait until then. But, if you don't hear anything that day I would email them the 26th and just kind of very politely say that you were told you'd hear something by now and wanted to make sure that there wasn't an issue with your application (or something like that). They may have had more applicants this time around and needed more time for review than the semester I did it (they told us 2-3 weeks maximum).
I'm just freaking out a little. I don't think I did well on my phone interview. Thank you so much for your help!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. I thought I completely bombed mine as well, because mine was only 17 minutes which compared to everyone in the Facebook group was exceptionally short and my interviewer didn't seem the least bit interested in hearing what I had to say. But, I ended up getting in and getting one of my top five roles. Also, it's kind of a no news is good news thing. If you haven't gotten NLIC yet, you're still in the game.

And you're welcome! :)

Shhhh_Im_a_princess

Original Poster
I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think. I thought I completely bombed mine as well, because mine was only 17 minutes which compared to everyone in the Facebook group was exceptionally short and my interviewer didn't seem the least bit interested in hearing what I had to say. But, I ended up getting in and getting one of my top five roles. Also, it's kind of a no news is good news thing. If you haven't gotten NLIC yet, you're still in the game.

And you're welcome! :)
Which role did you end up getting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom