Parks in January

Melissa Strause

Hey everyone! So from Jan. 5-14, I'll be staying at Disney World for the second time (split stay between AKL and Pop Century). My first visit was at the end of August, so I'm betting that the weather will be much different, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a January trip? How crowded the parks might be, weather, if there's anything I should pack that I wouldn't have brought for a summer trip, and anything else you can think of!

Also, am I allowed to add the Magical Express if I made a reservation already and didn't add it? I'll be heading back from Peru on Jan 5th, and since I'll be on a tour I won't know my flight info until late November. Will I still be able to add that info?

Thanks!

Matt_Black

Oh, the last week of October is lovely. A little crowded in World Showcase thanks to the F&W Fest, but overall not too busy and wonderful weather.

Upvote 0

Bparso87

Oh, the last week of October is lovely. A little crowded in World Showcase thanks to the F&W Fest, but overall not too busy and wonderful weather.
I love October my favorite by far it is my anniversary and my sons birthday in the same week then we go in jan for my daughters birthday

Upvote 0

John

This will be my second time in January this year it does get cold at night and if it rains it is a cold rain. Crowds to get to crazy except MLK weekend they tend to be higher

It actually doesn't rain that often in January. but yes when it does it is chilly. But to my recollection after many trips in January I don't remember many times that it has rained. I am sure there must have been a few but so few I don't remember. Just remember to bring all types of weather gear.

Upvote 0

Matt_Black

Well, I've experienced rains in late December, and I don't remember it being all that chilly (had more in common with an early autumn/ late summer thunderstorm, in my opinion); is it really that different a few weeks later?

Upvote 0

Bparso87

It actually doesn't rain that often in January. but yes when it does it is chilly. But to my recollection after many trips in January I don't remember many times that it has rained. I am sure there must have been a few but so few I don't remember. Just remember to bring all types of weather gear.
It was only one day and it sucked worst day at Disney ever 50 and rainy but still the best worst day of my life

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It was only one day and it sucked worst day at Disney ever 50 and rainy but still the best worst day of my life
If any day at Disney World is the "worst day of [your] life," you either exaggerate or have a wonderful life and things completely unrelated to Disney World happened that day...

50 and rainy sounds like the entire month of April in the Northeast.

Upvote 0

Bparso87

If any day at Disney World is the "worst day of [your] life," you either exaggerate or have a wonderful life and things completely unrelated to Disney World happened that day...

50 and rainy sounds like the entire month of April in the Northeast.
I said the best worst day of my life it was cold and sucked at times but had a blast.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom