The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Ha!

Now we have flat screens and smart boards in every classroom. Text books being replaced by iPads. Times they are a change'n
My geometry teacher sophomore year of high school had a smart board. She loved it.

My college doesn't have them. Though quite a few of us use e-textbooks. Quite a few still prefer traditional textbooks, though. I prefer ebooks. Mainly because my tablet is a lot lighter than those books.

StarWarsGirl

You guys had fancy overhead projectors!! Ours used to look like this:
View attachment 70744
In elementary school, that's what we had (well, newer models, but similar). By the time I was in high school (keep in mind I graduated in 2013) we pretty much had Elmos. Like overhead projectors, but with a camera and attached to a newer projector. Because it was a camera, you could put regular paper on it. Far less expensive than the old overhead projector paper, plus no need to purchase the special markers. You already needed the projectors since PowerPoint is becoming the preferred presentation method, not to mention with teachers showing videos off the internet. Made more sense to eliminate overhead projectors and get the Elmos. Why they are called Elmos is beyond me.

donaldtoo

All great books. Used to love those. :)

I have a better idea for a book:
"Give a donaldtoo...
Donald-Duck-30.jpg
...a Cookie, a Pancake, and a Muffin...!"
Chocolate_Chip_Cookie_735.JPG

sandys2.jpg

apple-muffins.jpg

:joyfull: ;) :)

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I didn't know MTV still had Real World? Anyway, I used to work with someone that's going to be on the show. He moved to NYC to become a model. One of those people.

Cesar R M

I was thinking. I know, scary, right?

Has @The Mom and @wdwmagic ever met or talked through skype or whatever? How do you get the information for the website. Disney press releases or a trade secret? Are you an IT guy in your former life?

Just curious.
I still wonder who are you talking. I still CANNOT SEE who are you replying to o_o

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I remember we had mimeograph machines in grade school. The teacher would hand out tests or worksheets printed on mimeograph paper and before you read one word you would sniff the paper lol. ahhhh the good ol' days :)
Yep. We called it ditto paper.
Nothing better than a fresh whiff of slightly damp ditto fluid-soaked paper right after recess.

Some sissy schools prohibited the teachers from handing out fresh ditto paper, because inhaling the chemicals apparently caused brain damage.

Thankfully, I did not attend one of these sissy scho.... Oh, look - a squirrel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom