Trip Club November 2014

stevehousse

image.jpg

She is doing great! I wish everyone the best of luck on their vacation and again, wish we could be joining in on all the fun!

DL countdown (as long as the 60th anniversary is announced for our dates) is at 214 days! My boys are too excited for Carsland and all the other attractions they don't have in FL. I also can't wait to dress my little girl as a different princess every day!

I expect lots of trip reports from all of you!

Longers

View attachment 69905
She is doing great! I wish everyone the best of luck on their vacation and again, wish we could be joining in on all the fun!

DL countdown (as long as the 60th anniversary is announced for our dates) is at 214 days! My boys are too excited for Carsland and all the other attractions they don't have in FL. I also can't wait to dress my little girl as a different princess every day!

I expect lots of trip reports from all of you!
That's great news and she is beautiful!

UnhealthilyObsessed

Change of plans!

An amazing career opportunity came up and we had to push our trip back by a week, from 11/9-11/15 to 11/16-11/22. When the possibility arose, I called my TA to see about switching. She called Disney, and they had a standard view at AKL available. Postponing by a week with no price difference? Amazing!

Then I had to make sure the BF could switch his off dates, and I wasn't going to do anything drastic until I saw a contract with my name on it. Everything was checking out. Then I called my TA back.

No standard rooms available. Only Arusha view.

I'm sorry...how much of a price difference?!?

But the thing is, this trip is a birthday present to BF, and he had his heart set on AKL (and so did I!), and it would feel really wrong to switch resorts because of a postponement that is all my fault. So after a lot of screaming and swearing, I went for it. My TA promised to check every single day for standard view cancellations. But who knows? Somehow resnagged BOG ADRs and others. Now CRT is my white whale. And FP+ for 7DMT.

Basically what I'm saying is I might end up having a vacation with a awe-inspiring and mind-numbingly expensive view, you guys.

Longers

Change of plans!

An amazing career opportunity came up and we had to push our trip back by a week, from 11/9-11/15 to 11/16-11/22. When the possibility arose, I called my TA to see about switching. She called Disney, and they had a standard view at AKL available. Postponing by a week with no price difference? Amazing!

Then I had to make sure the BF could switch his off dates, and I wasn't going to do anything drastic until I saw a contract with my name on it. Everything was checking out. Then I called my TA back.

No standard rooms available. Only Arusha view.

I'm sorry...how much of a price difference?!?

But the thing is, this trip is a birthday present to BF, and he had his heart set on AKL (and so did I!), and it would feel really wrong to switch resorts because of a postponement that is all my fault. So after a lot of screaming and swearing, I went for it. My TA promised to check every single day for standard view cancellations. But who knows? Somehow resnagged BOG ADRs and others. Now CRT is my white whale. And FP+ for 7DMT.

Basically what I'm saying is I might end up having a vacation with a awe-inspiring and mind-numbingly expensive view, you guys.
Hey but at least you can still go! Is any vacation to Disney cheap anyway? Mine for 2 adults was £4550ish that's flights, Disney hotel and tickets, a Universal ticket and hire car (no food!) ouch... But to me worth every penny. Looking forward to another of your trip reports and would LOVE to be your BF if you want to shout me a Disney vacation:)

TB4244

Hey but at least you can still go! Is any vacation to Disney cheap anyway? Mine for 2 adults was £4550ish that's flights, Disney hotel and tickets, a Universal ticket and hire car (no food!) ouch... But to me worth every penny. Looking forward to another of your trip reports and would LOVE to be your BF if you want to shout me a Disney vacation:)

Ouch why so much?, that seems like a lot of dosh @Longers. You've paid about a grand more than I have, and ours includes QSDP. But to be fair we have no Uni tickets as there's way too much on our schedule already.

Longers

Ouch why so much?, that seems like a lot of dosh @Longers. You've paid about a grand more than I have, and ours includes QSDP. But to be fair we have no Uni tickets as there's way too much on our schedule already.
The uni tickets were only £222 (£111) each. We booked it all separate this year as it did work out cheaper than Virgin. We have paid £345 for a car as my husband loves the driving. To be honest I have never added it all before as I save all year for this but added everything out of curiosity. I guess that does include parking at Gatwick for 17 days and a hotel the night before but that still doesn't add up to £1000. Who did you book through?

TB4244

Ah well we're not having to pay for parking fortunately. We booked through travelcity last June (we held out for a whole 3 weeks after we returned from the last trip before we rebooked). Car is £280 which is on top of the £3400 we paid for our stay with tickets and dining plan!

Tiggertoo56

There are 7 of us - so even more costly - 3 rooms (incl QSDP), flights, trains travel to Gatwick, Uni tickets, MNSSHP and MVMCP, Memory Maker and 8 days car (not going to enter the total here!) - but still worth all we pay - can only do it every few years./ Have a brill local TA who looks into costs for us - now always use her for bookings. So looking forward to 30th. Will be in MK on 31st as tradition, and son's birthday.:D

maelstrom98

So has anyone actually been to WDW in November? This is our first time in November. Would love to hear about crowds, wait times, weather if anyone has been. I've done plenty of research, but wouldn't mind more!

gaga4disney

So has anyone actually been to WDW in November? This is our first time in November. Would love to hear about crowds, wait times, weather if anyone has been. I've done plenty of research, but wouldn't mind more!

This will be my third time in November. Crowds, waiting times; depends on what part of November. When i was there we didn't have the new fastpass+. It appears that overall Disney has been busier so i may be surprised myself with this trip. Weather is always a hit or miss in Florida but November is better than the summer.

Longers

This is my 18th trip and my 17th in November and crowds have been traditionally low, although there was a noticeable increase last year. The marathon weekend does bring more people in but within a few days they will all go home. I will just wait to see what this year brings as it sounds like crowds are increasing and with the new fast pass we could also see increased wait times. Traditionally it's been very low wait times compared to others I have seen posted on here. Regarding the weather again I have seen everything. Layers is the best option as it can be chilly morning and evening and lovely during the day. I can't believe how different 2 days can be though One year I was in a t shirt one day and trousers and sweatshirt the next! Last year was lovely so I pray it's great again this year. I just bring 1 sweatshirt and then just buy one if needed (good excuse to buy more clothes!)

Tiggertoo56

One week today and I will be at the airport with 6 others who won't get much sleep! Flight next morning at 11.25am - arriving a few hours later and it can't come soon enough. Been at work today and boss asked if I was on a countdown - was surprised when I responded that I had been since Christmas! (She's only been with us for 7 weeks so doesn't quite know what a Disney freak I am!!!). Also would like to say thanks to @Longers and @akayw0718 for putting together the lists of who's going when. Hope to see a few of you there - I'm the first one to arrive for November time! :):joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom