FP+ Clusters

YoJDew

Original Poster
Why does the FP system insist on linking the FPs together? I can't seem to figure out how to get individual passes for the times we want, without releasing the entire set of passes for that day. For example, we wont arrive at MK until about 3:00 on Day 1 so I wanted to try for Mickey M&G first, and then go to Dumbo and Peter Pan afterwards. The only other options they gave me were too early so I ended up with Dumbo at 3, Peter at 4, and Mickey at 5. So that means we have to go straight to Dumbo, then Peter, then go all the back to Town Hall for Mickey, and then go back to the Lands for whatever else we can snag. Seems very inefficient. Why can't they just offer all available times and let me choose what works best for us?

lilclerk

After you've made them, you should be able to go in and edit the times on each FP individually without cancelling and starting over.
I do agree, I wish it would do that initially instead of needing to do the extra step.

YoJDew

Original Poster
I CAN edit the times, yes... But it seems to me that the system is blocking off certain times. I have been tweaking the times since I first booked the FPs and now it's not showing anything later than 2pm for Dumbo and Pan... Which seems odd to me considering that the park is open until 7 and the schedule is wide open in the morning. Is there some Flying Dumbo convention from 2-7 that I don't know about?

lilclerk

Well, it won't let you overlap FP times. So if you have an FP for Peter Pan at 3-4pm, it's not going to show you an available Dumbo at 3:30 - 4:30. You can try clustering all your FPs for early in the morning, and see if it will let you readjust them to the times you wanted in the afternoon.

Or they might just be gone ;) Pan especially might be gone already.
It is annoying, this is one of the things I hate about FP+ too.

YoJDew

Original Poster
Ok I tweaked it again and got the Mickey time I needed. But in order to do that I had to book a very early time for Barnstormer (replacing Pan) and now I can't figure out how to delete an individual FP without deleting all of them in a batch. I'm using the app. Maybe there's a way to do this on the computer?

Rob562

Ok I tweaked it again and got the Mickey time I needed. But in order to do that I had to book a very early time for Barnstormer (replacing Pan) and now I can't figure out how to delete an individual FP without deleting all of them in a batch. I'm using the app. Maybe there's a way to do this on the computer?

Since you mention the park is open until 7pm, I presume you're going to the MK on a hard-ticket Party night. Anyone entering the park with a Party ticket can enter as early as 4pm. So you might find that crowds are greater from 4p-7p, and thus the available FP+ inventory is smaller.

I've found I prefer using the website (or the mobile version of the website) over the app for FP+ changes. I just find it easier to work with. I'd also caution against outright cancelling a single FP+ choice. I've yet to find a way of booking a new, single FP+ without rebooking all three. Instead it's easiest to use Change Time and Change Experience as necessary.

Oh, and oddly enough I can't seem to figure out how to have the mobile version of the MDE website change a single FP+ for a single person out of a group of people with the same FP+ selection...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom