Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro - Italy Flag Waving open at Epcot

RSoxNo1

Sorry if I just completely missed something obvious but, have the other shows (Fife and Drum, Mo'Rockin, World Showcase Players) had replacements lined up yet? Or is it just Canada and Italy right now?
A berber music act should be coming to Morocco and a Celtic folk act should be coming to the UK.

omurice

Top Ten Attractions and Entertainment Acts we will NEVER see in EPCOT
10. How to Make Sauerkraut see-n-smell live demonstration in Germany
9. Hello Kitty and Duffy get Married! meet-cute-n-greet in Japan
8. International Shoes and Expresso Festival in Italy
7. Les Bouffons Miserables en Histoire (history of sad clowns) in France
6. Photographs of Pandas Along with Some LIVE Silkworms! a grab-n-switch wildlife exhibit in China
5. You Ain't Never Met a Country Like Me! Genie's "Blue" Stand-up Show in Morocco
4. Infamous Rugby Scrums hourly re-enactments in UK
3. Beavers, Beavers, Beavers! a log ride thru the wilderness in Canada
2. "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: The REAL 'Mer-ca" theater show in American Pavillion, presented by Fox News
1. SeaVenture! a viking ship ride through the real and mythic history of Norway [tear]

*I left out Mexico, but that pavilion is too awesome even to joke about messing it up

Bairstow

Duffy089_zps4d36ba92.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Wow! I'm impressed..... I was actually thinking I'd be more impressed with the lumberjack show.. (Hey, I liked it. -.-) and for some reason I'm shocked nobody here is complaining about this..

Forumer response to last part of my post: -insert witty "that's because.." reply here-

culturenthrills

At least this is an upgrade though imo. The Ziti Sisters were never all that entertaining.

Yeah but at least The Ziti Sisters was interactive and engaged the audience. This is just sorta of repetitive and even if they are contractors I wonder how this is cheaper with the amount of people needed for this show.

Next Big Thing

Yeah but at least The Ziti Sisters was interactive and engaged the audience. This is just sorta of repetitive and even if they are contractors I wonder how this is cheaper with the amount of people needed for this show.
Maybe it isn't cheaper. They're saving money in other areas of the park though.

raymusiccity

Definitely better than the Lumberjacks. Glad this is an addition to Italy rather than replacing the mime.

Ageed. Went by the 'lumber jack show' last week....felt like a throwback to what you'd see at your county fair. Seemed like tired jokes interrupted by noise pollution and a waste of good lumber. Where are all of the Tree Huggers when you need them!

Occasional Guest

We were in Italy on Thursday and saw this. It kept the kids attention and was interesting. The kids like the flag fighting portion. We ate dinner in Tutto afterward and the second show with all the drumming outside was a little annoying but didn't ruin dinner.

bhg469

Top Ten Attractions and Entertainment Acts we will NEVER see in EPCOT
10. How to Make Sauerkraut see-n-smell live demonstration in Germany
8. International Shoes and Expresso Festival in Italy
7. Les Bouffons Miserables en Histoire (history of sad clowns) in France
6. Photographs of Pandas Along with Some LIVE Silkworms! a grab-n-switch wildlife exhibit in China
5. You Ain't Never Met a Country Like Me! Genie's "Blue" Stand-up Show in Morocco
4. Infamous Rugby Scrums hourly re-enactments in UK
3. Beavers, Beavers, Beavers! a log ride thru the wilderness in Canada
2. "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: The REAL 'Mer-ca" theater show in American Pavillion, presented by Fox News
1. SeaVenture! a viking ship ride through the real and mythic history of Norway [tear]

*I left out Mexico, but that pavilion is too awesome even to joke about messing it up
Mexico is great. Once you walk in that pavilion, you're transported. I still love being fooled into think it's night time.

Matt_Black

Mexico is great. Once you walk in that pavilion, you're transported. I still love being fooled into think it's night time.

Fun aside- my first trip in over a decade (might have been a decade and a half), the flight was scheduled to leave December 22, 2012, which, as you may recall, was the date that many thought the world would end. When I finally got to the Mexico Pavilion, I went to the Mayan Calendar display, snapped a pic, and posted it to Facebook with the caption "Suck it, Mayans!"

dreamfinder

I've said it before and will probably say it again, it's all about the benefits. Replacing a half dozen people who were with the company in some form or another for 10-15 years (didn't some of the sisters move over from the AC?) means you can usually get contractors to do it for much less. On wages alone, you could probably add 30% more people. If they provide their own costumes, need less sound techs, etc. Saving the 20% of salary they were spending on health care and other benefits is the money saver. Not to mention, I don't think these guys had a standing booked gig somewhere talented as they may be, so may have given Disney a good deal for a steady job.

toasty

Haven't seen the video because I'd prefer that the first time I see it, I'm watching it live, but I'm looking forward to this. Honestly, it's pretty rare that I devote much time to these little street shows in WS after I've seen them once or twice, but I love that they are there just from an atmospheric standpoint. Adds a great energy...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Fun aside- my first trip in over a decade (might have been a decade and a half), the flight was scheduled to leave December 22, 2012, which, as you may recall, was the date that many thought the world would end. When I finally got to the Mexico Pavilion, I went to the Mayan Calendar display, snapped a pic, and posted it to Facebook with the caption "Suck it, Mayans!"
If it's the big stone calender near the entrance with the guy in the middle sticking out his tongue. It's an Aztec calendar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom