Which Character Meal Has The Best Food?

DistractedGenius

Original Poster
Hey all, for my next trip, we're gonna be able to do one character meal. Regardless of character interaction etc. what location has the best food? Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace are definitely on the table, but I've heard differing stuff about the food at both, as well as Akershus. We were hoping for a pre-rope drop breakfast if at all possible at any location. Any opinions?

CAPTAIN HOOK

My suggestions would be - Crystal Palace or Tusker House. Or for an out-of-park Character Breakfast visit 1900 PF at the Grand Floridian. They're all buffet breakfasts so the food choices are pretty much the same

Matt_Black

The breakfast buffet at 1900 is very good in my opinion. It's become a tradition for my family to always eat there last day of the trip.

DisneyDebNJ

In our experiences all the breakfast buffets have the same breakfast foods, each has something specific for that restaurant... Crystal Palace has Puffed French Toast, Breakfast Casserole; Chef Mickey's has Pluto's Cheese Blintzes w/fruit toppings; Boma has a few different items, which are very good, etc, etc... We like all of them for breakfast

Bparso87

I don't think u go to character meals for food it is for the experience. The food at all are average at best. 1900 park fair has been my favorite but the food was just ok.

zurgandfriend

I have to agree with the other posters, Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare for character meals, Ohana for breakfast isn't bad either.

erasure fan1

I'll also throw a vote for 1900 park fair, We really liked the food (for a buffet). We also really liked the food at the hollywood and vine lunch.

dreamfinder

Most of the food is going to be of similar quality. Anytime you have a buffet for the same price, that's just how it works. 1900 PF has strawberry soup, Crystal Palace has Pooh's Stuffed French Toast, etc. The only buffet on property we hated was H&V for dinner. Not a character meal, but the food was terrible.

Figaro928

Akhershus for dinner was realy good! And it included and appetizer buffet with your sit down meal, which was the best of both worlds

Oh and as far as food goes, we liked Chef Mickeys over Crystal palace in terms of quality, variety and freshness - had breakfast at both.

JillC LI

Akhershus for dinner was realy good! And it included and appetizer buffet with your sit down meal, which was the best of both worlds

Definitely don't mean to criticize since everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and many other agree with you, but our family hated the food at Akershus for dinner. LOL. It is the only meal ever that we all 4 disliked at WDW. That said, the princess interaction was great for the kids so it was a worthwhile meal, but we'd never do it again.

DistractedGenius

Original Poster
Thank you guys! I've definitely garnered that character meals aren't about the food, but it's always good to get opinions and such. Right now it's looking like Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, or CRT. Strawberry soup sounds delicious!

thefunkpunk

Breakfast: Sorry, can't help [no chance of getting a 3 and 5 year old, ready and out that early!]
Lunch: Tusker House [for unlimited visits to the buffet!]
Dinner: The Garden Grill [the beef is amazing!]

J_Carioca

Just had my first lunch at Tusker House last week and the food was delish. They have more interesting items like curry chicken, couscous salads, chutneys, etc... It was good and plentiful. There was also many opportunities for interaction with the characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom