Shades of Green 2015

DistractedGenius

Original Poster
Hey everyone! First post for me here, I've been kind of looking around for a while at some different boards and such while I'm planning for a 2015 trip, and you guys seem alright, so here goes!

My Girl Scout troop is going to Disney World in the summer of 2015 for a week long trip to celebrate the graduation of one of our members and our last year of Scouts together. 2/3 of our troop is military, my family included, so we're hoping to book 2 rooms at Shades of Green for the occasion. There's going to be four scouts, three members of my family, and our leader.

I was just wondering if any of you have stayed there recently and can tell me how it's doing and such, since I haven't stayed there since about 2008. Thank you!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Just a tidbit with most of you being military if they are still offering the military room discount into 2015 you could stay at any resort with the pretty great discounts not just Shades of Green. Those other resorts may even come out cheaper than at SOG. It's worth checking out and calling for information. :)

NiarrNDisney

Shades of Green is a beautiful resort with rooms larger than most others on property! Where I feel they lack the most is in their dining options, which are beyond mediocre at best with the exception of Evergreens which is great for its Sports bar/casual dining theme.

DistractedGenius

Original Poster
Yeah, definitely loved Evergreens the last time we stayed there. And the rooms being so big is a huge draw for sure, what with so many of us.
As far as other resorts and such with military, that's our back-up plan if we can't get a room. My dad retired as a major, so it's a little harder for us to get a room because of the way Shades of Green prices rooms (lower ranking gets cheaper rates or something along those lines). But my family loved Shades so much the first time, and it's so big, that we thought it'd work best.

a2grafix

Shades has remodeled the Shopette into a much larger Exchange. More product, better access. There is a huge computer / game console game room near the ice cream shop and that is near the ITT / tickets desk.

As well, in November 2013 they remodeled and reopened the the blandish lap pool, the Magnolia Pool, and it's now curved, gated, and adds to the "mickey shaped" pool. Check out the renovation gallery here.

They also opened up a playground area for the kids at the mickey pool near the Evergreens bar.

Shades has also added American flags along the drive into and around the resort and updated the carpet and furniture in the lobby. But for the most part it's the same resort you know. No, make that an awesome resort.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom