cannot make fastpass+ reservations

BibleTeacher

Going to WDW at the end of January 2015. Linked my park tickets and hotel ressies on the MDE site. Went on to make fastpass+ selections, but the website shows I don't have valid theme park admission. I called Disney twice, and they offer no help. Was told to wait and make selections at the parks. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Going to WDW at the end of January 2015. Linked my park tickets and hotel ressies on the MDE site. Went on to make fastpass+ selections, but the website shows I don't have valid theme park admission. I called Disney twice, and they offer no help. Was told to wait and make selections at the parks. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?
You can only make them 60 days in advance for FastPass+ when staying on property. So that is why it is probably telling you that. You will be able to make them sometime in November if you are going in late January. Only dining you can make reservations 180 days out. :)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I am shocked (well not really) that they did not know to tell you that you can't pick your FP's until you are 60 days out. Well now you know! And the "needs valid park admission" will appear up until you hit your 60 day mark at 12am EST. Some people get worried by that but it is normal and will go away when the window opens up.

Upvote 0

skishlee

I am shocked (well not really) that they did not know to tell you that you can't pick your FP's until you are 60 days out. Well now you know! And the "needs valid park admission" will appear up until you hit your 60 day mark at 12am EST. Some people get worried by that but it is normal and will go away when the window opens up.

Aah, I was wondering if that message would disappear. I assumed that it would but it did concern me a little. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rob562

Aah, I was wondering if that message would disappear. I assumed that it would but it did concern me a little. Thanks!

I presume that you have your tickets as part of a package. Since there's no way to access or use them before your checkin date, the system doesn't give any access to the FP+ system.

Now, if you've purchased tickets separately from your hotel room and linked them to your account, they'll show access for the immediate next 30 days from today. When you get to 60 days from your hotel date it'll also open up the FP+ window starting with your checkin date. It does this because the system doesn't make presumptions that you're definitely waiting to use that ticket on your 4-months-from-now hotel reservation (for all they know you might be going to visit Aunt Betty in Kissimmee and need to go to the parks on that ticket, and you'll be buying a separate ticket for your future on-site reservation).

But if you bought your ticket separately from a hotel package and yo *can't* see the next few weeks as being available to make a FP+ reservation, you should think about calling the Help Desk. (But if you have a package, you're all set)

-Rob

Upvote 0

skishlee

I presume that you have your tickets as part of a package. Since there's no way to access or use them before your checkin date, the system doesn't give any access to the FP+ system.

Now, if you've purchased tickets separately from your hotel room and linked them to your account, they'll show access for the immediate next 30 days from today. When you get to 60 days from your hotel date it'll also open up the FP+ window starting with your checkin date. It does this because the system doesn't make presumptions that you're definitely waiting to use that ticket on your 4-months-from-now hotel reservation (for all they know you might be going to visit Aunt Betty in Kissimmee and need to go to the parks on that ticket, and you'll be buying a separate ticket for your future on-site reservation).

But if you bought your ticket separately from a hotel package and yo *can't* see the next few weeks as being available to make a FP+ reservation, you should think about calling the Help Desk. (But if you have a package, you're all set)

-Rob

Yes, part of a Magic Your Way Package. On one of the MDE pages there is a little lock saying FP will open on the 16th of February, which is 60 days out. There is another part of the site which is showing the park admission message. Sounds like I'm all set though.

Upvote 0

BibleTeacher

Original Poster

-Rob

The tickets I am using are ones I had purchased on a trip back in February. I have 4 day park hoppers, with no expiration. On the MDE app, the tickets are listed as valid for my Dad, and expired for me. How can a no expiration ticket expire? Could that just be listed that way until the 60 day mark?

Both reps I talked to spent a good amount of time trying to figure out why I can't make FP+ ressies. I was surprised they didn't even tell me that.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The tickets I am using are ones I had purchased on a trip back in February. I have 4 day park hoppers, with no expiration. On the MDE app, the tickets are listed as valid for my Dad, and expired for me. How can a no expiration ticket expire? Could that just be listed that way until the 60 day mark?

Hmmm... A ticket that's not part of a hotel package reservation should at the very least give you the ability to make FP+ reservations within the next 30 days from today. If only one of two tickets are giving you that ability, there might be a problem. That could be either a problem with linking the ticket to your MDE profile, or with how the ticket was originally sold to you back in February (the no-expiration option may not have been processed properly and the ticket may have expired).

I think your first call should be to the WDW Ticket Office. They can handle and usually fix any out-of-the-ordinary ticketing problems, even problems that Guest Relations at the parks don't have the ability to fix. (Note that this is *not* Central Reservations, who can only sell you tickets) The number I have for them is 407-939-7523. If that doesn't get you where you need to go, call the Main Switchboard at 407-824-2222 and ask to be connected to the Ticket Office.
Edit to add: The Ticket Office keeps typical office hours of something close to 9a-5p...

Once you have them on the line, ask them to confirm that the ticket you bought in February truly was issued with the No Expiration option.

If it does have No Expiration, it's time to call the MDE Help Desk at 407-939-7765 to see why you're not getting any access to FP+.

-Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom