Which park's space mountain is this?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
My friend posted this picture of space mountain.. Is it possible to tell if this is disneyland's or Disney world's?.. Or maybe another's?
image.jpg

FerretAfros

I'm about 95% sure that it's Disneyland's ride. It's definitely their track layout as seen by all the right turns and the wider trackbase for the side-by-side seating arrangement (which is also shared by TDL and HKDL), but if it was taken on a friend's phone that probably means it's from inside the US. Additionally, the new-looking paint job makes me think it's DL's 2005 track install, though HKDL's opened in 2005 and TDL had a huge refrub circa 2008 so I don't want that to be a red herring

Here's a model of the track layout (not my photo). It appears that this photo was take on the right side, looking right. The track directly ahead in the photo is tough to make out in the model, but it's got a wide black strip behind it (presumably representing the walkway) at about the 2-o'clock position

2143097108_726f63bd25.jpg

ETA: Looking at the original photo, it appears that it has had some recently-added railings and other fall protection (like the new looking stair tower directly ahead), which would be in line with all of the fall protection stuff that DL has been adding in the last couple years. To my knowledge, the other parks wouldn't have it because their local restrictions are less strict

NiarrNDisney

Definitely not the Magic Kingdom, as that track is of a different style with the support arms that wrap around to the outside tube tracks.

Yeah your probably right! I have never seen DL's track in the light or dark since it was down the one time I went there for a day my trip on vacation in San Diego

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom