Breakfast or snack ideas

Haniel

Original Poster
Going to Disney with kids for the first time. We got the DDP but wanted to know what you'd suggest as far as snacks or even light breakfast. Staying at POFQ and I believe they have a fridge in the rooms, please correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking cereal for both breakfast and munchies and also saw a little mickey shape waffle maker that I would like for at least the kids, who am I kidding I want Mickey shaped waffles too. Please flood me with ideas.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Apple sauce (those that come in a little pouch, no spoon needed)
Boxed milk/chocolate milk (there even are non dairy alternatives)
Belvita breakfast biscuits
Bread (keeps you full)
Cheerios
Granola bars
Special K pastry crisps (my daughter loves these!)

Haniel

Original Poster
Color me crazy but make waffles in your hotel room? That doesn't seem very practical at all...

Not practical at all, but for my kids I can go the extra mile... Still not set in stone, we'll have to weigh in all our options.

Thanks, those a great suggestions also.

Haniel

Original Poster
Rather than making Mickey waffles in the room, I would just plan on hitting the food court at least one morning for the 'real' ones.

Definitely doing that at least once, but I really want to leave the credits for lunch and dinner. Would you guys recommend a good breakfast followed by some noon snacks and an early (4-5)dinner. We usually eat early dinner anyways, just not before 5. Or a quick breakfast followed by a noon lunch and a later (6) dinner.

dadddio

We rarely do both an actual breakfast and an actual lunch. Generally, if we get a good breakfast, then we'll just grab a snack or seven during the day and then have dinner OR grab a snack first thing, then have lunch, another snack and a late dinner.

Haniel

Original Poster
I have the Mickey shaped waffle maker. It is not light, nor easy to clean. Just saying.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of the cleanup process, I was just thinking about making them. Thanks for the heads up and I will stay away from that option now. Great alternatives though.

Pax

My kids love raisin bagels with peanut butter for their "Disney hotel room breakfasts." We also buy some of the individually packaged milks that can be stored at room temp, then throw them in the fridge when we arrive so the kids have something to drink while in the room.

A W Reezy

My wife stopped by a grocery store our first day at Disney and grabbed a bunch of the "serving size" containers of cereal. They were good to snack on... Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops, etc... The Uncrustables were a great idea as well!

s&k'smom

With the fridge in the room we always buy milk and bring our own cereal, go down to the coffee shop and pick up a bunch of bowls and spoons. Juice boxes were awesome, saved a ton of money too. We bought our own water bottles and having those on hot days was great, plus you can refill with the cold water throughout the parks.

DVCPluto

Use your snack credits to grab croissants, muffins, etc. - we always end up with extra snack credits because you get dessert at every quick service and sit down. I think the containers of cereal count as a snack credit, too.

My point - utilize your snack credits! :)

dadddio

Use your snack credits to grab croissants, muffins, etc. - we always end up with extra snack credits because you get dessert at every quick service and sit down. I think the containers of cereal count as a snack credit, too.

My point - utilize your snack credits! :)
That actually reminded me of another tip or two.

The meal plan comes with a resort mug. Meals come with a drink and lunch and dinner meals also come with a dessert.

When getting a meal at the resort, get a soda using the mug and take a bottle of water, milk or juice for the road. Also, choose desserts that can travel and have a snack later. (Dessert muffins make good breakfasts.) They will also often let you substitute bottled water for dessert at quick service locations.

Last edited:

Figaro928

We are a family of four with two young kiddos on the DDP, this is our breakdown... We are going to bring one box of cherrios, apple sauce squeezees, gold fish, Belvita biscuits AND OF COURSE 2 sippy cups & plenty of ziplocks bags from home. thats it. On the DDP we have 2 adults and one kids, so each day we get 3 QS, 3 SNACKS, and 3 TS

Rundown of a typical day:

Breakfast at resort: 1 QS - probably a bounty platter or something big along those lines and a chocolate milk for the kids to split. 1 SNACK - either a crossiant or bagel. Fill the 3 mugs with coffee/hot tea. Is Juice still available at the fill station? All this plus a baggie of cherrios or other snack from the room is plenty for the family to split.

Mid morning - use one snack credit to share and ice water / snack from the room

Lunch - 2 QS meals - one more kid friendly and one for the adults. Get milk or juice if available or a bottle of water.

Mid afternoon - one snack credit to share/ snack from room

Dinner - TS

If we have room :rolleyes: - one snack credit on an amazing dessert for nighttime activities to share.

this is a rough breakdown of how we will use the credits.

ratherbeinwdw

It really depends on how much you guys eat. If you are light eaters, as we are (except at Trail's End), then you could share your quick service meals. The kids can share one and you and your spouse could share one. We always share the breakfast platters. Then at lunch, you use one kid's credit and one adult and share them. Then eat a big TS in the evening. So, in one day, you've had three meals without using any extra credits. You've used one kid's credit for breakfast and one for lunch and one adult credit for breakfast and one for lunch and then, had a nice big TS meal in the evening. Or, we like to eat our big meal early, so we would do the TS in the early afternoon and the QS in the evening. After a couple of days, you will start to get a little tired of so much food. By the third day, using one of your snack credits each for a muffin or such at breakfast will be all you will want.

PhilharMagician

Bread
Peanut butter (make peanut butter sandwiches)
Pop Tarts
Granola Bars
Nutra-Grain Bars
Apple Sauce Pouches
Single serve raisin packs
Single serve peanut packs
Dry Oatmeal pouches and use coffee maker for hot water. Bring bowls
Dry Cereal (You can buy milk in the resort store)
Single serving fruit bowls

If you are flying then remember this food will take up quite a bit of room. If you have to pay for an extra bag, then it may be easier to take a taxi for about $10.00 each way to the store to get you breakfast foods. Then you could get fresh fruit like bananas, oranges and apples and fresh pastries or bagels for breakfast. You could also get bottled water which you can get a case of 24 for what Disney charges you for 3 bottles. Then you can take a few bottles each day into the parks.

My thoughts on Mickey Waffles is to take one day and have breakfast in the resort. Buying the Mickey waffle maker and trying to make them and clean up would not be magical.

When we are on the dining plane this is how we schedule ourselves.
-Light breakfast in room
-Early lunch around 11:00 AM
-Typically have dinner early about 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM.
-Use snack credit when the need arises

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Going to Disney with kids for the first time. We got the DDP but wanted to know what you'd suggest as far as snacks or even light breakfast. Staying at POFQ and I believe they have a fridge in the rooms, please correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking cereal for both breakfast and munchies and also saw a little mickey shape waffle maker that I would like for at least the kids, who am I kidding I want Mickey shaped waffles too. Please flood me with ideas.
When we have used the dining plan, we typically are eating breakfast by the end of the trip using a combination of 1) desserts from QS meals that we saved from the day before (obviously, choosing the desserts that are wrapped or otherwise easier to save), 2) filling our mugs at the food court at the hotel, and 3) snack credits.

The first few days, we'll typically do breakfast at the food court. Remember that QS credits are not specific to child meals, even if there are children on the reservation. Therefore, you can use them all for adult QS meals. When my kids were younger (the older boy is 11 and eats more than I do now), we'd grab two big breakfast platters for the 4 of us and that would be plenty. Same thing in the parks -- 3 adult QS meals for lunch or dinner for 4 was usually enough when the boys were younger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom