Disney's America Reboot

tcool

You should include Pennsylvania when they were writing Declaration of Independence. Jamestown not the first colony but it is significant. Possibly St.Augustine first colony in US. Hall of Presidents and/or Great Momments with Mr Lincoln and/or Martin Luther' s Dream. Possibly a gold rush area era

Sam Magic

I would divide it into five 'regions': The East Coast, South East, West, West Coast, and Mid West. Each of these areas would be set in different times or idealistic periods.

East Coast: Entrance land, Liberty Square type area that moves into industrialization and immigration
South East: Set in the Antebellum Period in New Orleans with a plantation you can visit (Baton Rouge has a lot of these and they are actually really fun, every time I go I think "this would be great in a Disney Park")
West: Wild West styled theme and instead of focusing on the US idea of the west it should be focused on the Native Americans and Spanish immigrants who lived there.
West Coast: Hollywood, San Francisco, it's all here. I picture something like Buena Vista Street, but a little more expansive
Mid West: This should be a mix of the time when Chicago was "The Paris of America" and frontiersmen.

Wikkler

Original Poster
I was thinking a little closer to the original vision, with time periods instead of regions, but I like that idea, too.

Sam Magic

I was thinking a little closer to the original vision, with time periods instead of regions, but I like that idea, too.
The problem with time periods is that it sometimes does not accurately portray the contributions of different regions of America.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Where would Disney's America be?
Good question, The original plot of land has been heavily developed since the time of it's purposal, yet their are a few plots near that area that Disney could use. Funny Story about Disney America, Lego and Disney were fighting over the land. Lego wanted to build it's first Lego Park in america and Disney was Disney. The Citizens pushed back both not wanting them. Recently a city near the original plot send paper work to Lego to bring them back >:D

Sam Magic

Good question, The original plot of land has been heavily developed since the time of it's purposal, yet their are a few plots near that area that Disney could use. Funny Story about Disney America, Lego and Disney were fighting over the land. Lego wanted to build it's first Lego Park in america and Disney was Disney. The Citizens pushed back both not wanting them. Recently a city near the original plot send paper work to Lego to bring them back >:D
Hahaha

orlando678-

How about WDW since I think all the theme park there are based on the disneyland lands only no frontierland theme park. Epcot( tomorrowland), Animal Kingdom( Adventureland), Hollywood studios( Fantasyland). Magic Kingdom is the main park so its everything but there's nothing frontierland.

DinoInstitute

I remember a while ago I made my own little map of an idea for this type of park at WDW/DLR....I don't have it, or really remember the rides, but I remember that the lands were 1. An old, colonial entrance, 2. a land themed to the prairies and farms and that nature, 3. A smaller canyon-land area, 4. an old roadside carnival, 5. a wilderness land with an american forest as well as a hot springs-esque place with a river raft like that, 6. Either a Floridian/Hawaiian (couldn't decide) coast and beach land, and lastly 7. a metropolitan city.

Different rides/exhibits can go in each, and even though I forgot about what they were I am already thinking of possibilities. Also, the lay-out is kind of a mix of the time period and location

tcool

I'm still struggling to understand how Hollywood Studios... = Fantasyland?
Frozen Sing a Long, VOTLM, Beauty & the Beast, Sofia the First in Disney JR show. By the same logistics it represents Tommorowland by Star Wars, Adventureland by Indiana Jones and Captain Jack, and Main Street USA sorta by Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard.

mahnamahna101

If I were rebooting Disney's America, I would focus on what Walt did best - the idealized aspect of America (Main Street, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, his ideas for Edison Square, even Tomorrowland IMO).

Making it purely historical just doesn't sell $100 tickets... edutainment is probably the best angle.

1. Main Street USA
  2. Liberty Square
  3. Frontierland (Wild West, Native Americans, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Lewis and Clark, Pocahontas)
  4. Folk Country (American folklore - Pecos Bill, Br'er Rabbit, Paul Bunyan, Tom Sawyer, Country Bears, Huck Finn)
  5. New Orleans (1850s-1880s New Orleans - possibly include Princess and the Frog. POTC and HM could both fit as well)
  6. Industria (innovators such as Edison, Ford, Whitney, Washington Carver, etc. Carousel of Progress is included as a retro look on innovation)
  7. American Waterfront (recreation of the Big Apple; includes Coney Island mini-land, gangster E-ticket, etc)
  8. Hollywoodland (basically 20s-50s Hollywood)
  9. Radiator Springs (small-town America - easy hook for the kids)
  10. Tomorrowland (a look at "the future that never was" - American sci-fi, essentially... potentially extended to superheroes, an American icon. Mix the best of Future World with a fantastical Buck Rogers-esque future. Horizons, Mission - SPACE, Time Racers, Spaceship Earth, Adventures Through Inner Space, Space Mountain, etc.)
You could include educational experiences within each land, but also include some IPs.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom