The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Mike S

Sorry for the partial quote but the people eater is showing its head, the stairs are moving as fast as they can be climbed now. I wish they had been able to get this up and running at opening but three months is not bad. Once word is out I think the rider numbers and guest satisfaction will be as high as any ride introduced in the last few years.

The ride requires that you ride again, it is different depending on where you are seated and many of the details do not come out in one ride. Having the opportunity to ride again without obscene waits will allow many to see the whole depth of the ride.
Speaking of hidden details in Gringotts.......
Bellatrix waving as you go down the first drop is my favorite.

PhotoDave219

The media certainly doesn't care like it did about 15 years ago. My work friends and I have speculated the reason is that so many people have interned with Disney at this point, editors and travel reporters know the company is running on fumes left over from 1955 'til about 1999.

The upcoming expansion at DHS should get attention again.

No. It's because media companies just don't have the money to spend on covering travel & leisure

JoeCamel

I hope so! I dislike all those rope drop shows.

Sorry Phil12 I have a different opinion, the drop at the MK has been one of my favorites for the last few years. The sight of the little ones on their daddy's shoulders seeing Mickey and the others come in on the train brightened my morning more than 400 times. Won't be back til Disney builds something new but I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Reminds me of when I was little.

71jason

Sorry for the partial quote but the people eater is showing its head, the stairs are moving as fast as they can be climbed now. I wish they had been able to get this up and running at opening but three months is not bad. Once word is out I think the rider numbers and guest satisfaction will be as high as any ride introduced in the last few years.

The ride requires that you ride again, it is different depending on where you are seated and many of the details do not come out in one ride. Having the opportunity to ride again without obscene waits will allow many to see the whole depth of the ride.

I agree it's running fine now, which is great in terms of capacity. I just don't see it being a favorite with the general public. It's rough without being particularly exciting, it "stars" a character who gets more screen time during the ride than in 8 movies combined, the plot is convoluted at best, and it feels too much like Transformers and Spider-Man. I don't see it having the staying power of other rides.

Phil12

Sorry Phil12 I have a different opinion, the drop at the MK has been one of my favorites for the last few years. The sight of the little ones on their daddy's shoulders seeing Mickey and the others come in on the train brightened my morning more than 400 times. Won't be back til Disney builds something new but I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Reminds me of when I was little.
You've got a good point and I guess they'll include Anna and Elsa in the upcoming MK rope drop shows singing a great rendition of Let It Go.

BrerJon

I've heard that after the 27th of September, the rope drop show that they typically do at DHS in the morning was axed? Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I don't know, but we haven't had a closure announcement since way back when they announced the end of the Backlot Tour, so it's about time they shut something down.

Next Big Thing

There's no debate that Gringotts is a good ride. But right now, at this moment, it has a 10 minute wait compared to 30 minutes for Minions and 15 minutes for Transformers.

Again, not debating the quality of the ride... just the assertion that it produces lines one slow days that rival WDW on New Years Eve... ;)
Despicable Me is the kiddie dwelling ride at Uni and it's also front and center when you enter. Transformers also isn't far past DM. Gringotts is all the way at the back of the park. Shorter lines aren't too surprising from time to time, especially compared to those two rides.

Captain Neo

Despicable Me is the kiddie dwelling ride at Uni and it's also front and center when you enter. Transformers also isn't far past DM. Gringotts is all the way at the back of the park. Shorter lines aren't too surprising from time to time, especially compared to those two rides.

But Radiator Springs Racers is in the back of DCA and that has 70 minute waits almost all hours of the day.

misterID

Not having to wait 2 hours for a ride is a good thing, imo.
But Radiator Springs Racers is in the back of DCA and that has 70 minute waits almost all hours of the day.

EFG is more of a people eater, though. The ride systems do effect the lines. And for a while, EFG wasn't running at full capacity and was having a lot of breakdowns and the lines were insane.

In my mind I pictured Gringotts as a TT type ride with a fast coaster-like experience, whipping through tunnels, skidding into show scenes with an occasional 3D screen. What I pictured in my head was huge and crazy, the reality was different... not bad, just not as HUGE and magnificent as I thought.

Last edited:

Andy Whitfield

EFG is more of a people eater, though. The ride systems do effect the lines. And for a while, EFG wasn't running at full capacity and was having a lot of break downs, meaning the lines were insane.

In my mind I pictured a TT type ride with Gringotts with a fast, coaster like experience, whipping through tunnels, skidding into show scenes with an occasional 3D screen. What I pictured in my head was huge and crazy, the reality was different... not bad, just not as HUGE and magnificent as I thought.

Having recently rode EFG for the first time i completely agree with your feelings about the ride. I was expecting to be blown away and whilst it was good, it wasn't amazing. When i first rode the other Harry Potter ride (I can't remember the exact name but you all know what i'm talking about) i was thunderstruck and blown away. Riding EFG was great but nothing seemed terribly new. I know a lot of new tech has gone into this ride but i think i was just a bit "mehh" about the Use of 3D again and thought the coaster sections might be a little more "epic". Still a great ride though and the whole DA area is fantastic.

doctornick

Doesn't Despicable Me have horrible capacity? I think there's only one theater, no? Even with Express Pass, there is typically a decent wait.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I thought they had stopped all opening park shows except for the one at MK last year?

I was all the way over to the left at Epcot and the far right at the Studios for opening in early April and didn't see any shows, that is unless you count all the CMs waving their hands up in the air signalling for an iPad CM due to MBs malfunctioning. That continual waving of hands show at the Studios went on for 30 minutes at the Studios before we finally stepped foot in the park.

Mike S

EFG is more of a people eater, though. The ride systems do effect the lines. And for a while, EFG wasn't running at full capacity and was having a lot of breakdowns and the lines were insane.

In my mind I pictured Gringotts as a TT type ride with a fast coaster-like experience, whipping through tunnels, skidding into show scenes with an occasional 3D screen. What I pictured in my head was huge and crazy, the reality was different... not bad, just not as HUGE and magnificent as I thought.
Having recently rode EFG for the first time i completely agree with your feelings about the ride. I was expecting to be blown away and whilst it was good, it wasn't amazing. When i first rode the other Harry Potter ride (I can't remember the exact name but you all know what i'm talking about) i was thunderstruck and blown away. Riding EFG was great but nothing seemed terribly new. I know a lot of new tech has gone into this ride but i think i was just a bit "mehh" about the Use of 3D again and thought the coaster sections might be a little more "epic". Still a great ride though and the whole DA area is fantastic.
I wasn't really disappointed with the ride except I also wanted a bit more coaster in there. The 3D is fantastic and very realistic. It's like the actors are actually there so I see that as a pluss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom