Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

I like how they mention Mystic Manor and Ratatouille as comparisons for the new zluigi's ride, but not the ride it will really be like, the less than thrilling Aquatopia. Did somebody not want people realizing that Disney's first stateside LPS attraction would just be flat, mostly empty ground?

What does LPS mean?

Dancing Fiats replace Flying Tires? Hmm... This should be interesting to see how they work this one.

Travel Junkie

If the celebration is to begin in May, shouldn't Pinocchio and Toad be going down the same time as Pan or earlier? I wouldn't be surprised if Snow doesn't get anything new.

I was thinking the same thing. I figured one of the dark rides would be down this fall and the rest staggered in early 2015. I wonder if they quietly cut upgrading all the dark rides or decided to upgrade them over a longer period of time and not have everything ready by the start of the 60th celebration.

I’m not sure what to think about the possible replacement of the John Lasse-flying tires. It appears to be a logical and quick fix, but I was sort of hoping the eventual replacement would be more creative.

The rest of the article is pretty much more of what we have already heard. May 2015 should be an exciting time at DLR.

mharrington

If the celebration is to begin in May, shouldn't Pinocchio and Toad be going down the same time as Pan or earlier? I wouldn't be surprised if Snow doesn't get anything new.

Well, it looks like only Peter Pan is getting any significant updates at this rate. Not that I really care, mind you, because that could use some touching up. It'll be interesting to see what happens to it.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Well, it looks like only Peter Pan is getting any significant updates at this rate. Not that I really care, mind you, because that could use some touching up. It'll be interesting to see what happens to it.

We don't even know that much. I'm still waiting for an official announcement from Disney, but it's nice to speculate.

stevehousse

I just wish they would make an announcement already for exact dates so it would be easier to plan my trip! I am assuming they would try and kick off the celebration around the time the usual 24 hour event happens, which is when I have my trip planned for. Nothing is set in stone, but I am waiting on the official news before I make any arrangements. If I hve to push it back a few weeks or so I won't mind!

Crazydisneyfanluke

I just wish they would make an announcement already for exact dates so it would be easier to plan my trip! I am assuming they would try and kick off the celebration around the time the usual 24 hour event happens, which is when I have my trip planned for. Nothing is set in stone, but I am waiting on the official news before I make any arrangements. If I hve to push it back a few weeks or so I won't mind!
It would be smart to start the celebration then like the monster university promotion. could it be memorial day 2015 - labor day 2016? ( speculation )

GiveMeTheMusic

No one should rule out the possibility of more than one Fantasyland ride being closed at the same time. It's not like Disneyland capacity can't take the hit - Snow and Pinocchio, for example, could easily be down at the same time without disrupting winter operations too much.

Nland316

I still think that Autopia would be a better fit to replace Luigi's.. I don't imagine it being too expensive either. They could even utilize the GM or Fiat sponsorship if they end up going through with one of the two.

JediMasterMatt

From what I was told in late August, Pan is getting the A+ treatment and Pinocchio, Snow White, and Toad will get plussing similar to Alice (which is still incredible). Alice's refurb lasted so long due to the exterior work.

From what I was told in August, Toad may come out of this refurb cycle with the biggest impact as projection mapping will add so much more kinetic energy to a very flat black light driven <pun intended> attraction.

I hope to see the other three on the calendar soon. I would anticipate only a week or two to get them upgraded. Much like when Snow White got its projection mapped Queen.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
From what I was told in late August, Pan is getting the A+ treatment and Pinocchio, Snow White, and Toad will get plussing similar to Alice (which is still incredible). Alice's refurb lasted so long due to the exterior work.

From what I was told in August, Toad may come out of this refurb cycle with the biggest impact as projection mapping will add so much more kinetic energy to a very flat black light driven <pun intended> attraction.

I hope to see the other three on the calendar soon. I would anticipate only a week or two to get them upgraded. Much like when Snow White got its projection mapped Queen.

Yes, I've been told things as well. Still, I won't be looking forward to anything until an official announcement is made.

sponono88

World of Color testing began last night, although i'm not sure if it's for the new show or just prep work for Winter Dreams. Late night owls will want to keep an eye on the Mattercam in the coming days/weeks!

Nland316

There's an annual passholder event happening next week in Fantasyland Theatre. Any chance of them finally revealing full details about the 60th there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom