Barefoot

Alix26

Original Poster
Im going to both TL and BB, but the thing i hate about water parks is the walking around with no shoes on part :arghh:

I cannot describe how much i hate walking with no shoes on, I burn my feet, they get rough and dry, I end up standing on every bit of twig or stone in the park, no to mention my slight phobia of catching verrucas etc etc.

I understand you can wear shoes around the park and up to the ride but when it comes to being on the ride AKA going down a slide can I wear my shoes, hate carrying them down in my hands.

By shoes I dont mean flip flops, these would obviously come off down the slide or act as some sort of floatation device when i hit the water, but i mean like jelly shoes, that have straps and do not come off.

Is this allowed?
anyone been recently?

zurgandfriend

Lands End used to have a line of water shoes, last visit I forgot mine and bought a pair of flip flops at the Bou-tiki in the Polynesian, they worked fine.

Nicole

Definitely get water shoes. They're relatively cheap at Walmart and I bet the WM near WDW carries them year round if you can't get them at home.

NearTheEars

During our recent trips to Blizzard Beach we were allowed to wear our shoes up until we got to the big slides, but has to remove them and hold them on the way down. This was for the tall, feet-first slides. The tubes and the head-first toboggan slides we could keep them on.

NiarrNDisney

I don't know if they have a Big 5 Sports (Sporting good store) where you live but I have always found water shoes in the off season (I live in Colorado most of the year) for less than $20.

Tom Morrow

I didn't seem to have as big of a problem at TL, but Blizzard Beach has a lot of non-wet, open, scorching hot concrete to walk on.

draybook

Don't rely on the Walmarts in the area. They have a very limited selection of sizes. Trust me, I found out first hand because I forgot my pair at home and went to WM to find a replacement pair. I wear a size 10 and had to buy a size 12.5.

Alix26

Original Poster
During our recent trips to Blizzard Beach we were allowed to wear our shoes up until we got to the big slides, but has to remove them and hold them on the way down. This was for the tall, feet-first slides. The tubes and the head-first toboggan slides we could keep them on.

Oh that'll be okay. Its mainly the walking on the paths that pains me.

Alix26

Original Poster
I don't know if they have a Big 5 Sports (Sporting good store) where you live but I have always found water shoes in the off season (I live in Colorado most of the year) for less than $20.
I unfortunately dont I live in the UK where water shoes are never to be found due to the lack of water parks (really really rubbish unpredictable weather). Might have to be an online job

Alix26

Original Poster
Don't rely on the Walmarts in the area. They have a very limited selection of sizes. Trust me, I found out first hand because I forgot my pair at home and went to WM to find a replacement pair. I wear a size 10 and had to buy a size 12.5.
Oh dear :/ that must of been a pain!! I have no way of getting to a walmart anyways, Im coming from the UK and not hiring a car this time so wont be leaving Disney for 15 days, apart from going to my cruise and back.
Suppose i could always have a look around Nassau.

Alix26

Original Poster
@Alix26 There are some ridiculously cheap ones here: http://www.sportsdirect.com/hot-tuna-ladies-aqua-water-shoes-223080?colcode=22308001

Or some others that are a bit more but probably better here: http://www.speedostore.co.uk/womens...wear&cgid=accessories-womens-footwear&start=1

I'm tempted to get something similar for myself when I make my next trip to WDW from the UK in November next year!

Check them bobby dazzlers out!
Thank you!!!!!!

OOOO your going to POR for the first time, me too!!!

James J

In the Parks
No
Check them bobby dazzlers out!
Thank you!!!!!!

OOOO your going to POR for the first time, me too!!!

No problem!

Nice one on the POR stay, although you have a lot less time to wait before your stay than I do, haha. Your whole trip sounds amazing!

Alix26

Original Poster
CHEAP and they work fine, plus you just throw them away when you are done. We bought 2 sets each, one for each water park at WDW. We ended up wearing just a single pair to both as they held up just fine. Then after the last waterpark we changed into our normal clothes at the park and threw the used shoes away. Good stuff.
Great tip!
I will have no use for them after the water parks :)

Alix26

Original Poster
No problem!

Nice one on the POR stay, although you have a lot less time before your stay than I do, haha. Your whole trip sounds amazing!

I have a countdown widget on my phone ahaha so sad!
The excitement is just too much, I cannot wait.
Dont worry it'll fly by. I booked mine about 395 days out and i cannot believe how fast it has gone.

POR looks so nice, im looking forward to that the most i think & castaway cay.

BigTxEars

Great tip!
I will have no use for them after the water parks :)

That is what we thought. Less to lug around int he luggage.

Honestly we have owned "normal" water shoes for years, I would say the disposable ones are really 90% as well built. I was kinda expecting something that fell apart as the day wore on. We were shocked they were still good for the second waterpark the next day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom