Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

DinoInstitute

Original Poster

NYwdwfan

Finally got around to watching it. I liked it as well. As usual, there aren't many players that I like yet, but a great many who annoy me already (Baylor is one). I'm glad Nadiya went. Her speech at tribal saying (I forgot his name) was part of the guys AND girls was obnoxious. I found it interesting that Rocker said his last name was Wetland (as he spelled it). Of ALL the last names to choose, he chooses one that when paired with his first name is the name of a World Series MVP winning relief pitcher?! Yeah dude, you WISH you were John Wetteland.

PUSH

I didn't like Val anyway. She was playing too hard too early. She panicked when they lost the challenge, and something better could probably been drawn up to keep her in the game.

Also, why is it always the most hot-headed person who finds the idols? Tony last season, now Rocker. Also looks like next week should be interesting with Jeremy outing him.

RMichael21

I didn't like Val anyway. She was playing too hard too early. She panicked when they lost the challenge, and something better could probably been drawn up to keep her in the game.

Also, why is it always the most hot-headed person who finds the idols? Tony last season, now Rocker. Also looks like next week should be interesting with Jeremy outing him.
I'm super pumped for next week's episode for pretty much 1 reason...

Showed Mr. Hothead (Rocker) getting in an argument right before (maybe after) a challenge. :D

DinoInstitute

Original Poster

I liked Val, I saw good game potential in her. I think she needed to play hard early because she was on the bottom. But, she definitely did not need to say she had two idols!:p
I'm super pumped for next week's episode for pretty much 1 reason...

Showed Mr. Hothead (Rocker) getting in an argument right before (maybe after) a challenge. :D
Exactly! I knew something good would happen with Jeremy when he found out that Rocker voted out his wife instead:D

PUSH

I liked Val, I saw good game potential in her. I think she needed to play hard early because she was on the bottom. But, she definitely did not need to say she had two idols!:p

Exactly! I knew something good would happen with Jeremy when he found out that Rocker voted out his wife instead:D
I didn't mind Val in the first episode. When she started scrambling, it was obvious that she could have handled it a lot better. The two idols thing was way too unbelievable, especially this early in the game, for it to work.

SAV

He wasn't too harsh at all. As he says, "Fire is life". So the flint should be treated that way and not lost to begin with. I totally agree with how he did it. They were trying to scam him by waiting to see if they won then trading something not worth as much for something they REALLY need. What may have been harsh were his words that "the price is only going to go up" if they didn't take this offer and wait, but even that is not out of line in the real world where demand drives up price.

GenerationX

I really liked the first Blood vs. Water season, and so far, I like this one, too. I don't have any favorites, yet, but I'm glad to see one twinnie gone.

They haven't done Exile Island in a while, and I like it better than Redemption Island. Survivor is just not a game of second chances (I'm not a fan of Non-Elimination Legs in the Amazing Race, either).

Season 6 is Rob Cesternino's first season, and he single-handedly took gameplay to a new level. He was the first to really introduce the concept of determining what everyone else's best and worst moves would be, and adapting his strategy and alliances constantly from those deductions.

PUSH

I don't really have a favorite either. Jeremy is okay, but I haven't seen enough gameplay to really see who I like and don't like. Nobody is an obvious strategic threat. And I love me some strategic players! Having only seen seasons 1-8, and 26-28, my favorites are almost all pretty good strategists: Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, Spencer. I also like Kathy, but she's not on the same level as the others.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I don't really have a favorite either. Jeremy is okay, but I haven't seen enough gameplay to really see who I like and don't like. Nobody is an obvious strategic threat. And I love me some strategic players! Having only seen seasons 1-8, and 26-28, my favorites are almost all pretty good strategists: Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, Spencer. I also like Kathy, but she's not on the same level as the others.
I feel like Spencer ddin't get a good enough chance to play. He was amazing for getting where he did, but being on the bottom the whole time we never really got to see what he could do. I'm excited for him to come back though in an all-star season

PUSH

I feel like Spencer ddin't get a good enough chance to play. He was amazing for getting where he did, but being on the bottom the whole time we never really got to see what he could do. I'm excited for him to come back though in an all-star season
I think Spencer is capable of having the strategy of Rob C. And he was dominant in challenges, which was surprising to me. If he would return for an all-stars season, I'm not sure he'd get far just because he's too much of a threat.

NYwdwfan

Kim from One World was pretty strategic as well. It always amazes me that in an environment where they are starving, bored, and there are people annoying the snot out of them, they have the wherewithal to sit back and predict what the others are going to do. I couldn't do it. I go 3 hours without a snack and I am a psychotic mess.

PUSH

Kim from One World was pretty strategic as well. It always amazes me that in an environment where they are starving, bored, and there are people annoying the snot out of them, they have the wherewithal to sit back and predict what the others are going to do. I couldn't do it. I go 3 hours without a snack and I am a psychotic mess.
My friend asked me if I would ever do Survivor, and I said if it didn't involve the lack of food and terrible living conditions, I would be perfect for the game! :D

NYwdwfan

My friend asked me if I would ever do Survivor, and I said if it didn't involve the lack of food and terrible living conditions, I would be perfect for the game! :D

I couldn't deal with the bugs. There are always those people with the massive bug bits rashes on 90% of their body - that would be me. And the lack of food. And the fact that I am so uncoordinated I would almost certainly maim myself on something and need to be evac-ed off the island in a moment of shame. Nah - I'd rather sit on my couch and judge others.

PUSH

I couldn't deal with the bugs. There are always those people with the massive bug bits rashes on 90% of their body - that would be me. And the lack of food. And the fact that I am so uncoordinated I would almost certainly maim myself on something and need to be evac-ed off the island in a moment of shame. Nah - I'd rather sit on my couch and judge others.
I'd love the strategy and challenges. I'm the biggest backseat strategist there is for Survivor. :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom