Magical Express Hours

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
I know there is probably already a thread that already covers this but I figured I would ask anyway.

What are the hours of the Magical Express?

While researching flights we discovered we can save $324 by flying in on a thursday night at 10:55pm instead of Friday afternoon at 1:00 pm. We can book a room only at POFQ for about $211+taxes. So in total we can save $75 to $100 by coming in a day early (how often does that happen?) and we get all day friday to play instead of just a few hours. I read online that luggage service stops at 10pm, so I know we would have to grab our own bags, but I want to make sure the buses are still running.

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
Thank you!! I'm all about saving money and getting more Disney time.

Enjoy your trip! Only 4 days left, You are soooo Lucky!!

NeedMoreMickey

We had a late flight one night and they say they buses run all the time but they don't tell you that you may have to wait an hour at the airport for more people to show up. We made stops at 6 resorts and of course our stop was the last one. Good luck

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
I think the DH and I would be OK with that. The DS (10 years old) may be a little hard to move around at that time of the night.

Still, sleeping in and being in a park at 10 sounds pretty good. Otherwise we would not be in the parks till around 5. (We would be landing at 12:40, by the time we get to the hotel get checked in and drop the carry-on off in the room it is 2:30 or so, then we have to hit ESPN for the princess half packet pickup, go back to the hotel to drop off the stuff and finally off to a park)

Rob562

The one thing about late flights is that you *definitely* want to make sure that Magical Express has your correct flight info before your trip. The DME desk does have a general closing time (11pm, I think), but when they know they have people arriving after that (either a scheduled late flight or a delayed flight) they keep a minimum staff on-hand until those passengers arrive.

So though it isn't likely, if they didn't know you were coming in late at night, you could run the risk of them closing up shop and no one being on-duty when you arrive because they didn't know to expect you.

-Rob

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
The one thing about late flights is that you *definitely* want to make sure that Magical Express has your correct flight info before your trip. The DME desk does have a general closing time (11pm, I think), but when they know they have people arriving after that (either a scheduled late flight or a delayed flight) they keep a minimum staff on-hand until those passengers arrive.

So though it isn't likely, if they didn't know you were coming in late at night, you could run the risk of them closing up shop and no one being on-duty when you arrive because they didn't know to expect you.

-Rob
That would not be good. This is the first time we have not booked flight through disney so I will make sure we call them and have it added on. The difference in flight costs seem to be huge right now!!

Polydweller

Baggage handling service ends at 10pm and you have to get your luggage yourself and take it to the bus.

Rob562 is right that technically they say the service hours end at 10 pm. However, it really means it becomes an on demand service after that meaning that if someone had reserved the service after that they will be transported. I kind of suspect that means it pretty consistently operates late but again Rob562 is correct that you should confirm your reservation to ensure you have the service available.

daisyduckie

We had a late flight one night and they say they buses run all the time but they don't tell you that you may have to wait an hour at the airport for more people to show up. We made stops at 6 resorts and of course our stop was the last one. Good luck

That sounds like one trip I made too! I won't be making the same mistake, either I'll booking earlier flights, or renting a car. Sitting on the bus with a screaming child (not mine!) waiting for it to be full enough to leave late at night is not my idea of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom