'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

dreamfinder

That would not surprise me. The dragon shirt was described as merchandise, not the race shirt.

Yeah. The fact you can see lining covering the seam in the back of the neck means to mean it was a more expensive "paid" shirt and not the free shirt. That extra 20 cents of material and time to do that means the shirt costs double.....

SpectroPhoenix

I had a fantastic time running this race. It was my girlfriend's first long distance race, so she was worried about her breathing. The weather was so perfect, she completely abandoned her run/walk strategy. We stopped a couple of times for pictures and one bathroom break, but it was so nice out, the race just flew by.

I've read about how terrible the weather was these past few years, so I was pleasantly surprised that we received this nice little cold front. Everything from the shuttles to HS to the checked bag pickup area ran incredibly smoothly. We stuck around to ride ToT and RnR once each, but we were too wiped to keep going.

Overall, one of my best times in Disney. Congratulations to everyone who ran!

Megbutnotmegan

This was my first Disney race and I loved every minute of it. My brother and I ran as Mike and Sully and the crowd cheered us the entire way. He was hesitent to do the costumes but in the end he was really glad we went for it. Disney really knows how to do a race! And seeing the space ship from Flight of the Navigator on the side of the course?! Best part of my night. No maybe not, maybe it was Jack and Sally's love of our horns! Or maybe the picture we took with the gravediggers. Oh man too many great memories. We stayed at the after party to ride a few rides (ToT, TSM, Star Tours) and take some more villian pictures. I will definitely be looking to run another Disney race soon.

FerretAfros

Race schedule posted on Facebook today does not show ToT next year. Mistake or planned?
Given that they leaked it on Twitter for a few minutes yesterday, and quickly removed it, I think it's planned. If it was a mistake, I would think they would have fixed it after seeing all the reactions yesterday

EDIT: A Disney running website that I follow said that rD said yesterday that there would be some sort of announcement today. It's unclear if this is the announcement or if something else is on its way

Texas84

They could always announce it later with a new course. Might just be playing it safe. I doubt runDisney knows what's going on but they've probably been warned not to plan yet.

Or replace it with Star Wars

(runs away)

surfsupdon

I love Tower Ten Miler. The original 13K, for the Tower's 13th birthday, was my first runDisney event, then known as the Disney Endurance Series. It holds a special place in my heart (nerd).

I have been smiling reading your ToT reports, and am happy you had such a fantastic weekend. Congratulations.

Hope this race returns. Maybe they can ship it out West until Fla is ready to hold the event again.

SpectroPhoenix

Does anyone know if Marathonfoto.com ever sends out coupon codes? There are a bunch of photos from this past weekend that I really like, but if I can save some money here or there, that'd be perfect. I even tried to run through the finish line next to my girlfriend so we'd only have to buy one picture package, haha!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This was my first Disney race and I loved every minute of it. My brother and I ran as Mike and Sully and the crowd cheered us the entire way. He was hesitent to do the costumes but in the end he was really glad we went for it. Disney really knows how to do a race! And seeing the space ship from Flight of the Navigator on the side of the course?! Best part of my night. No maybe not, maybe it was Jack and Sally's love of our horns! Or maybe the picture we took with the gravediggers. Oh man too many great memories. We stayed at the after party to ride a few rides (ToT, TSM, Star Tours) and take some more villian pictures. I will definitely be looking to run another Disney race soon.

I saw you guys!! I was spectating in front of the hat and you ran right in front of me, I remember cheering for Mike and Sully. :)

Ariel484

Does anyone know if Marathonfoto.com ever sends out coupon codes? There are a bunch of photos from this past weekend that I really like, but if I can save some money here or there, that'd be perfect. I even tried to run through the finish line next to my girlfriend so we'd only have to buy one picture package, haha!
Yes. The longer you wait, the more desperate they become for you to buy and they start offering deals (at least that has been my experience).

diddy_mouse

I arrived the day after the race. It was so great seeing everyone wearing their finisher medals (which were gorgeous!) and I had a nice conversation with some folks while waiting for a bus to EPCOT. Seemed like it was a very fun event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom