Favorite still-standing original attraction at MK?

What is your favorite still-existing original MK attraction?

• Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Jungle Cruise

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Swiss Family Treehouse

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • It's a Small World

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Enchanted Tiki Room

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Hall of Presidents

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mad Tea Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Kinda curious of what the results will be on this poll.. Sorry I like to keep it at one selection to make it interesting!

Due to the amount of answers I can put into a poll I've excluded The Walt Disney World railroad (It's like an icon to the park, we all know it's special), Prince Charming Carousel (it's a merry-go-round, and the name was technically changed) and Frontierland Shooting Arcade (not technically an attraction). Dumbo is also excluded since it received major changes in the expansion.

If you want to mention any of the above as your favorites, go ahead :) I just ran out of spaces.

hth1917

HM is my favorite attraction ever, but I would hate to lose any of these except the Speedway. The day the (more or less) original Tiki Room returned was one of the happiest days of my life theme-park-wise.

copcarguyp71

I was seriously tied in my head between JC and HM but since HM has better effects I went that way. Both are the epitome of classic Walt influenced Disney in my mind though

TomP

I love HM, but I chose Tiki Room for sentimental and historic reasons. I remember first seeing ETR at DL, must have been about 50 years ago, maybe 1964 (I first went to DL in 1957). It was the first time true audio animatronic figures were used in an attraction and I was indeed "enchanted". In about 1970, I went to the Preview Center in Orlando and was so happy to see that the Tiki Room was coming to Florida, but disappointed that there was no Matterhorn. When WDW opened, I couldn't wait to see those birds again. LOL, I must be the oldest member on this site.

DManRightHere

Kinda curious of what the results will be on this poll.. Sorry I like to keep it at one selection to make it interesting!

Due to the amount of answers I can put into a poll I've excluded The Walt Disney World railroad (It's like an icon to the park, we all know it's special), Prince Charming Carousel (it's a merry-go-round, and the name was technically changed) and Frontierland Shooting Arcade (not technically an attraction). Dumbo is also excluded since it received major changes in the expansion.

If you want to mention any of the above as your favorites, go ahead :) I just ran out of spaces.

I haven't voted. I would think overwhelming HM. Let's see...

EDIT: hooray! Called it! Lol

JIMINYCR

HM.. Loved haunted houses since I was a kid. Watched Walt promote the HM in his early Disney TV shows, never get tired of the scenes throughout the ride. From the moment the doors open and am invited in by the CM I'm thrilled.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I understand that PotC didn't open in 1971, but there were always plans to copy it from DL, just like Tiki Room, IASW and PPF, etc.

Actually, no. "The originally had plans to build a "Western River Expedition" dark ride in the Magic Kingdom, figuring that Floridians would have no interest in a Caribbean-themed boat ride, since the Caribbean is practically next door. They were wrong. Disney World visitors demanded their own version of Pirates of the Caribbean, and Disney obliged."

"Walt Disney World wasn't supposed to get Pirates. Instead, Disney Imagineers contemplated a massive "Western River Expedition" indoor boat ride through scenes from the American west. (A western-themed coaster that became Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was to be built on top of the Western River Expedition.) But early Disney World visitors demanded their Pirates and Disney rushed an abbreviated version of the ride into the park by Christmas 1973."

So no, there was never an original plan for Pirates to be brought to Magic Kingdom. It was brought there because of popular demand. Which would also explain why it's so down-sized compared to Disneyland's version.

pumpkin7

I adored the Country Bear Jambouree until they shredded it, and I enjoy the Jungle Cruise, but it depends on your skipper.
So I chose the Haunted Mansion, simply because there is nothing like it in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom