Pre-Trip A Not-So-Scary Birthday Celebration

Arizona to Orlando for the second year in a row to celebrate my husbands birthday and Halloween. Counting down the days til we bring our 3 year old for her second DisneyWorld trip. I'm certain I'm more excited than anyone in this house.

We opted for a 5 day pass, no park hopper this time, we were all a bit tuckered out last year running around with a toddler, so we're taking it easy this time. Also opted to not do MNSSHP this year. It was a blast last year but very expensive and the little slept through a good portion of it. We love POR resort and can't wait to spend some more down time at the hotel this year since we are usually running around like maniacs.

I've booked and rebooked our dining plans multiple times. Pretty sure I'll stick with my current plan, but we'll see what opens up between now and then. I'd love to do the princess breakfast at Epcot, Be Our Guest or Ohana.

So here's where we stand...

Tues - Arrive POR evening of 10/28 to stay in Princess room upgrade with Free dining! Hooray for those special PINs on my account.

Wed - Magic Kingdom with breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at Kona at the Polynesian

Thurs - Hollywood Studios! Lunch at Prime Time Cafe and Dinner at Hollywood and Vine and Fantsmic and Frozen Singalong FP

Fri - Animal Kingdom with Tusker House lunch, then excited to spend some hotel time celebrating Halloween at the resort. POR has some great events planned for Halloween night. Trick or Treating, dance party, character meet and greets and pumpkin decorating. Then campfire by the bayou. Sounds great to me!

Sat - DAY OFF! woo hop. We'll likely do DTD during the day (after a late sleep in of course) and our first Hoop De Doo Musical Review that night. All you can drink sangria baby!

Sun - Food and Wine fest at Epcot with lunch at Via Napoli. Definitely need to stop in for some of that free chocolate at ghirardelli! Also hoping to try out a frozen smores and of course sangria

Mon - Last day... wah wah... Magic Kingdom once again with late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Not sure how I feel about this meal yet. I hear late breakfast can be hit or miss with both characters and food. Hoping for the best (or for one of my other picks to open up and swap it out)

EEEK so excited. The countdown is on!

Last edited:

mrdrift

What exciting plans you have for the upcoming trip. Everything sounds like a perfect trip is on the way. Have a wonderful time.

smk

Have a great trip! I am looking forward to reading about what you think of Halloween at the resorts, especially if your little one has fun. Thinking of going next year with the grand kids and one will be almost three. We love the party and will go to at least one with him but maybe not on Halloween, too crowded.

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
Have a great trip! I am looking forward to reading about what you think of Halloween at the resorts, especially if your little one has fun. Thinking of going next year with the grand kids and one will be almost three. We love the party and will go to at least one with him but maybe not on Halloween, too crowded.

Yes, we found last year that Halloween day at Magic Kingdom was empty. No waits for any of the rides. Left right before the party got started as people were coming in. It was perfect. We went to MNSSHP a few days before Halloween. My 2 year old at the time loved the Monsters Inc dance party but didn't have much interest in anything else and she wasn't too excited to stand in line for candy. I think the resort party will be a much better option for us this year. I'll be sure to update our experiences!

smk

Yes, we found last year that Halloween day at Magic Kingdom was empty. No waits for any of the rides. Left right before the party got started as people were coming in. It was perfect. We went to MNSSHP a few days before Halloween. My 2 year old at the time loved the Monsters Inc dance party but didn't have much interest in anything else and she wasn't too excited to stand in line for candy. I think the resort party will be a much better option for us this year. I'll be sure to update our experiences!
Good to know about MK being empty that day. Makes sense, people waiting for the trick or treating at home or waiting till the party to come out to WDW. I am really trying to get things in order and laid out budget wise to take our grandkids next year. I will not go without their parents, so finding a good time we can all go is tricky, but we are working on it!

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
This is the star of our show, little Ms. Rylie. She's a smart little 3 year old who LOVES Peter Pan and dancing in parades. She'll be dressing as Tinkerbell for Halloween.

DSC00318.jpg

Last year she was a princess pirate for MNSSHP

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
This is my husband Harris. Last year he celebrated his 40th birthday with a princess dinner at 1900 Park Fare. He's a sport. We'll be celebrating again this year at Hollywood Studios, minus the facial hair.

He's an accountant by day, studying for his CPA at night/weekends and a phenomenal dad. This is a much needed vacay for us as we rarely see each other. His nights are spent locked in what my daughter calls his "grey room" aka office, studying. He'll be between tests on our trip and awaiting his results on our flight back home. Then 2 more CPA exams left to go!

IMG_5019.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom