Just back yesterday, why did I wait so long?

tmitch

Original Poster
we just did our first cruise as part of a land/sea trip completed yesterday. We had 5 days at dw, and then did a 4 day Bahamas cruise, 1 stop at Nassau and 1 at castaway cay. I was honestly mad at the end because of all the vacations at disney that could have been on the cruise line instead. We liked it so much that we booked onboard for the 8 day caribean cruise next October! I apologize in advance for all the photos I'll be uploading tonight and tomorrow

tink66

we just did our first cruise as part of a land/sea trip completed yesterday. We had 5 days at dw, and then did a 4 day Bahamas cruise, 1 stop at Nassau and 1 at castaway cay. I was honestly mad at the end because of all the vacations at disney that could have been on the cruise line instead. We liked it so much that we booked onboard for the 8 day caribean cruise next October! I apologize in advance for all the photos I'll be uploading tonight and tomorrow
I completely agree!! I feel you get sooo much more for your money on a Disney cruise!! I still love the parks BUT... If given a choice of the parks or a Cruise the Cruise would win everytime!! Cant wait to see the pics!!

EOD K9

No need to apologize for uploading photos. It helps the rest of us get our fix until our next cruise. I also truly agree about waiting so long. You think to yourself why you didn't do that years ago. My only downside is that as a DVC member, the point to cruise value isn't as good.

LSUmagic

Welcome to the Dark side! We have been so spoiled on DCL that we don't want to cruise anyone else. So glad to hear you and your family had an amazing experience.

tmitch

Original Poster
I posted some on the dcl cruise picture of the day, haven't gotten around to the trip report yet. Sorry. I'll probably start this weekend

disney4life2008

I do not see the "financial connection" between disney world and DCL. While both are incredibly expensive - DCL is ridiculously expensive for the time you are on the cruise. But that is because I am spoiled by Carnival.

ChuckElias

Hey @disney4life2008 , after re-reading my last post, I realize that it sounds really snotty and condescending. I honestly didn't mean it that way. I was just going for an easy laugh. If you've had great experiences with Carnival (and I'm sure a LOT of people have), I honestly think that's great. I didn't mean to disparage your personal experience. Hope I didn't cause any bad feelings. If so, I apologize.

disney4life2008

Hey @disney4life2008 , after re-reading my last post, I realize that it sounds really snotty and condescending. I honestly didn't mean it that way. I was just going for an easy laugh. If you've had great experiences with Carnival (and I'm sure a LOT of people have), I honestly think that's great. I didn't mean to disparage your personal experience. Hope I didn't cause any bad feelings. If so, I apologize.

No worries at all :) I know many people dislike Carnival but I am one who enjoys their cruises and even more the prices. I do eventually hope to go on a DCL vacation .

EOD K9

I do not see the "financial connection" between disney world and DCL. While both are incredibly expensive - DCL is ridiculously expensive for the time you are on the cruise. But that is because I am spoiled by Carnival.
Yes, they are expensive, but depending on the time of year, and considering that food is included, and you aren't paying for theme park tickets, in some instances, they are about the same.
Wow, I apologize for that run on sentence.

LSUmagic

No worries at all :) I know many people dislike Carnival but I am one who enjoys their cruises and even more the prices. I do eventually hope to go on a DCL vacation .

We have cruised Carnival and had great experiences but in my opinion nothing Carnival does could ever compare to DCL. You pay more and you get more.

Its also a totally different experience. Carnival is a party cruise while Disney is family.

disney4life2008

We have cruised Carnival and had great experiences but in my opinion nothing Carnival does could ever compare to DCL. You pay more and you get more.

Its also a totally different experience. Carnival is a party cruise while Disney is family.

You hit the nail right on for me. I want the party not the family on the cruise. I do not even want the family at disney world, lol but I can deal with it there. :)

LSUmagic

You hit the nail right on for me. I want the party not the family on the cruise. I do not even want the family at disney world, lol but I can deal with it there. :)

Our jobs don't allow for much down time so for us it's about relaxation. I like the idea of adult only areas actually be adult only. I partied hard in college so I have that out of my system lol. :)

disney4life2008

Our jobs don't allow for much down time so for us it's about relaxation. I like the idea of adult only areas actually be adult only. I partied hard in college so I have that out of my system lol. :)

True. I will admit the food looks amazing on DCL. If I can convince my ex to go on a cruise with me I will look into DCL.

tink66

I did two nights last month (passholder rate so we didn't have to purchase tickets this trip) at Yacht club and spent more in those two days on the room, food and drinks then 'Im paying for a four night cruise!!:D:D:D :) We were lucky enough to get a fantastic florida resident rate last year and this November!! :D I have never been on Carnival but I bet it would be a fun party ship for like a weekend cruise with friends for sure!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We took our first Disney cruise this past June and it was fantastic. We were a little upset at ourselves too that we hadn't done a cruise before. We didn't book another one yet but I foresee a cruise in our future again.

PolynesianPrincess

While DCL might be expensive, I feel it it fully worth the price. I don't feel the same way about WDW anymore. Which is why it's crusing or Disneyland in our future for awhile.

I broke down our 7 night Western next month just to see how it would compare to WDW. We are paying $189 per person, per night. This includes trip insurance and gratuities as well. For that price we are getting a verandah stateroom with stunning views and an amazing room host. I would say it would be comparable to a room in one of the deluxe resorts at WDW. You're also getting ALL your food included (unless you choose any upcharge restaurant) and you get outstanding service! We like to do the buffet or sitdown breakfast, buffet or one of the quick service windows for lunch and then of course the main dining room for dinner. You're getting all the character meets, the shows, the AquaDuck, all kinds of awesome classes like towel animal folding or trivia and karaoke... Fireworks on Pirate night... Castaway Cay... All for $189 a night! At WDW if you priced out a deluxe room, a buffet breakfast (equivalent to something like Crystal Palace at MK) a sitdown lunch (equivalent to something like Liberty Tree or The Plaza) and a sit down dinner (equivalent to something like Coral Reef at Epcot) park tickets, and any snacks... you would easily surpass $189 per day. Of course, that is comparing apples to apples. You can compare apples to oranges, and price out All Star Sports with park tickets and quick service meals for every trip and of course that is going to be less expensive. But if you compare what you get on DCL to it's equivalent at WDW, DCL's price doesn't seem so bad :)

tink66

While DCL might be expensive, I feel it it fully worth the price. I don't feel the same way about WDW anymore. Which is why it's crusing or Disneyland in our future for awhile.

I broke down our 7 night Western next month just to see how it would compare to WDW. We are paying $189 per person, per night. This includes trip insurance and gratuities as well. For that price we are getting a verandah stateroom with stunning views and an amazing room host. I would say it would be comparable to a room in one of the deluxe resorts at WDW. You're also getting ALL your food included (unless you choose any upcharge restaurant) and you get outstanding service! We like to do the buffet or sitdown breakfast, buffet or one of the quick service windows for lunch and then of course the main dining room for dinner. You're getting all the character meets, the shows, the AquaDuck, all kinds of awesome classes like towel animal folding or trivia and karaoke... Fireworks on Pirate night... Castaway Cay... All for $189 a night! At WDW if you priced out a deluxe room, a buffet breakfast (equivalent to something like Crystal Palace at MK) a sitdown lunch (equivalent to something like Liberty Tree or The Plaza) and a sit down dinner (equivalent to something like Coral Reef at Epcot) park tickets, and any snacks... you would easily surpass $189 per day. Of course, that is comparing apples to apples. You can compare apples to oranges, and price out All Star Sports with park tickets and quick service meals for every trip and of course that is going to be less expensive. But if you compare what you get on DCL to it's equivalent at WDW, DCL's price doesn't seem so bad :)
I agree 100 percent!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom