Trip Report To Walt Disney World...and beyond! *COMPLETED!*

We’re back from a wonderful 10 days of pure Disney life! What could be better than an anniversary-turned-engagement celebration at the Happiest Place on Earth? There’s so much to be encompassed in this trip report – so let’s get started!

Pre-Trip Report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/2-peas-in-a-disney-pod.884811/

The cast: Me and the fiancé "J". Both 24 years old. Both Disney crazed. This was our 5th trip in a row together!

Travel dates: September 4th - September 13th - All Star Sports.

We woke up at 3:30 AM to get to the airport in time for our 6 AM flight! When going to Disney World, this is not a problem. :) After a safe and uneventful flight with a flight attendant who kept proclaiming he 'loved us' and 'meant it', we arrived at MCO a little before 9. I was so giddy - practiced my powerwalking skills through MCO. It was GO TIME!

IMG_6105.JPG

What's better than being in Disney World? Seeing this sign - then being in Disney World!

IMG_6106.JPG

We arrived at All Star Sports and it finally started hitting me: we were here! The noise and smells (the good kind) from the food court flooded our ears. We were assisted by a very kind CM during check in, and may have been a little too quick at snatching this little beauty from her hands in all my excitement...

IMG_6112.JPG

We weren't surprised to find out that our room wasn't ready yet...it wasn't even 11 AM yet. We were surprised, however, to see that our room would be in Surf's Up (preferred building). Since we only use our resort room for a few hours of sleep, we always go with standard to save a few bucks. But hey, I guess this could classify as a 'room upgrade'. Thanks Disney!

From check in, we headed to the bus stop for Animal Kingdom. I absolutely love getting almost a full day of park fun in on the first day! In little to no time, we were here.

Animal Kingdom 005.JPG

Animal Kingdom 006.JPG
Animal Kingdom 007.JPG

Animal Kingdom 010.JPG

We took our time strolling through the beautiful Oasis. As this was our first time experiencing MyMagic and MagicBands, we tried our best to reserve judgment on the system until we dealt with it firsthand. I must say, it felt nice knowing we had three FPs already reserved and that missing rope drop on the first day wouldn't be so rough.

Animal Kingdom 018.JPG

But we really didn't need to worry. Animal Kingdom was pretty deserted. Expedition Everest advertised a 5 minute wait at 11:30 AM, and the whole process probably took just about that.

Animal Kingdom 022.JPG

*That feeling you get as the car rolls up and you're about to step onto the ride for the first time.*

There are no words to describe how spiraling backwards and upwards on a roller coaster feels. Well maybe 'AWESOME' could, but I feel it doesn't do Everest enough justice.

With the first ride of Disney World Extravaganza 2014 under our belts, our tummies began to rumble. It was time to find some sustenance and do what we do best - EAT! Our dinner reservations later that night was a biggie, so we tried to eat light. And we ended up eating something we could very well eat at home. But we love the cousins of Panda Express, so Yak & Yeti Local Foods it was!

Animal Kingdom 039.JPG

Mmm...Orange Chicken. Sometimes you just need that in your life. Lunch entertainment was provided by a few very brave and bold ducks. :)

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Which way do you go? We usually start on the Mexico side and finish off with Canada.
View attachment 67281Whilst inside the pyramid, we were examining this mega-medallion-type thing, when we saw this amazing feature. Originally, it was the entirely the brown color you see on the edges, and very slowly, all these colors started bleed outwards. It was quite fascinating - I don't know how we've missed this before!
Funny you mention this! We were there two weeks ago and also just realized the color effects they cast on the stone. Pretty cool!

belledream

Original Poster
There you are, Germany! We didn't forget you. In fact, I've been looking forward to overindulging on sauerkraut all day. Yup, I love me some sauerkraut. Don't even need it on top of anything! Just a few globs of sauerkraut, please.
357.JPG

We were seated with three other parties, one of which was another young couple whom we hit it off with. They were pretty much like us: girl visited Disney all the time growing up, convinced the guy to take a trip when they started dating. I have faith she will be able to convert him into a believer as I have done with J!
374.JPG

Can you believe we're indoors? I love the autumn tree, the water wheel, the sounds of water trickling down, and the chatter and laughter. And of course, the music! That trumpet player has been there for more than a decade, I am pretty sure.
369.JPG

J ordered the German Beer Flight, which he enjoyed all by himself. I am not a fan of beer...but I am a fan of pretzel bread, potato salad, bratwurst, schnitzel, spatzle, SAUERKRAUT, and dessert. Sorry, my camera fails in the dark. After this meal, we learned to use our iPhone flashlight and shine it on the food while taking pictures. Embarrassing? Nah.
390.JPG

After a fun meal, we waddled around Germany's shops:
Came across our favorite Christmas tree in Die Weihnachtsecke: the pickle tree.
Saw the best toys ever in Der Teddybär: Playmobil.
Wanted something from Karamell-Küche: was not feasible.
400.JPG

Looking beautiful, Showcase Lagoon. Dusk is my favorite time of day at Walt Disney World, no matter where in the World I am.
416.JPG
We found a great spot nestled in between two Food & Wine booths only 20 minutes out from showtime of the best fireworks show known to man - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. The pre-show music, the flickering of the torches - it really gives me goosebumps.
418.JPG

And what better way to celebrate a fun-filled day at EPCOT than enjoying a piping hot, fresh, crunchy-yet-soft cronut before Illuminations starts? Mmm!! When winter comes, I'm going to dream of using this cronut as my pillow.

I was so immersed in Illuminations that I didn't even bother taking pictures! We were so close to the fireworks - they looked bigger than ever! Everything is still so vivid in my mind. The inferno, the dancing water, the globe opening up, the countries lighting up, chandelier fireworks. The most beautiful thing in the world.

It was evening EMH, but we didn't feel a strong desire to hit any rides at that moment. We decided to start with Canada this time and take a nighttime stroll around the World Showcase. Cause you can never get enough, right? Right, but also because each country comes alive with a different vibe, illuminated in the night.
420.JPG

We got a sneak peak of Frozen fireworks! Boy, did that pump me up for Hollywood Studios!

Eventually, we found ourselves back in Future World, where we walked straight on to Mission Space and then spent some time sending our parents ridiculous video postcards.
433.JPG

This will never, ever get old.
435.JPG

Neither will this. Goodnight EPCOT! We will be back. :)

mrdrift

All of the food pictures is making me really hungry. Great pictures of the resort and of Epcot. Following along this fantastic trip of yours with the awesome pictures.

belledream

Original Poster
All of the food pictures is making me really hungry. Great pictures of the resort and of Epcot. Following along this fantastic trip of yours with the awesome pictures.
Thank you very much! Food pics are the best pics! Nothing brings you back to the moment like a food does. :geek:

belledream

Original Poster
Though every day at Disney is the best day ever, today was an extra special treat. It was morning EMH at Hollywood Studios...AND...Frozen Summer Fun! Thank you Disney for extending this into our trip! Olaf greeted us as we walked down Hollywood Boulevard taking in the beautiful sights against the beautiful morning sky.
003.JPG

You know where this is heading...
011.JPG

We partook in the mad rush to Toy Story Mania (but it wasn't actually that bad). Being a party of two makes me feel really special here - why yes, I accept your invitation to the special line in the tent to happiness!
018.JPG

This sight makes me so happy! 1) Because Tinker Toys are awesome. And 2) It's almost gametime! The only thing that matters in the world at this point is that one of us was going to win and the other would lose.
027.JPG

Unfortunately, I lost. BUT I would like to point out that these scores do not reflect our true skills - for I am almost always leading all the way until the last round where J makes up for his lack of accuracy to spam that thing like no other. Yet he comes back at me and says I 'gotta show up for the 4th quarter.' Boy, does that make me mad! We agreed on our next go that we would compare scores before the final scene. He must really love me. :inlove:

We stopped next door to take a peek at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post.
029.JPG
It was c-c-cold! Silly me, what else should I have expected? It's such a cute concept and I'm glad they just now put more work into it to make it a more detailed and permanent structure. Inside: a big summer blowout (aka full price) of lots of Anna & Elsa dolls and costumes. Lots of Olafs and Svens. Lots of delectable treats.
033.JPG

Why must Disney make everything look so GOOD?! They were giving out free samples too! I rarely remember getting that in my Disney past.
039.JPG

We changed directions and headed to Sunset Boulevard, which is one of my favorite streets in the World. I really enjoy the palm trees, each shop's unique design, and of course, the screams. Muahaha.
041.JPG

Rock N Rollercoaster has never been one of my favorites. Not because I think it's scary or whatever, but because I feel it severely lacks that Disney detail. Maybe also because I'm too young to really appreciate Aerosmith. But I do appreciate the take-off. It is absolutely thrilling and insane.
045.JPG

Now here is a favorite of mine. The feeling of the of free fall, of my stomach dropping, of going up and not stopping before going down, of seeing Hollywood Studios from the top and not knowing how long the view will last. I never want it to be over. Just one more drop, pleeeease! Tower of Terror - never the same ride twice - hence the reason I must ride it at least five times a day.

belledream

Original Poster
It was time for Round 2. Officially, I lost again. But true to his word, J said I could claim victory before the last part. I like how our accuracy gets worse every time.
060.JPG

What really eats at me is that if I just hit my final target 2 or 3 more times, I could beat him legitimately. Rawr!
070.JPG

We peeked in at Wandering Oaken's Frozen Funland. Iceskating looked so tempting...but we passed. J said he didn't want to wear the helmets haha. It was interesting to watch people playing in the snow. Unfortunately, we enjoyed a little too much of that ourselves last winter.
071.JPG

Hidden Mickey alert.
072.JPG

We spent some time wandering around Streets of America. Hidden in the back corner of the park, this is such an interesting place. The forced perspective backdrops are really something. We always enjoy just strolling around, looking in the little windows and signage, spotting a leak or two, and listening to the street noises.
076.JPG

Peep the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. One day, we'll be back for the holiday decorations.
077.JPG

Only Disney would purposely make a building look 'vandalized'. I adore it!
078.JPG

We followed our noses to this cozy little establishment. I haven't been to Mama Melrose since my family's trips and J and I have never really considered it in our five years or Disney-going due to the fact that Italian is one of the things we can actually cook. But I think it might be time to revisit Mama very soon!
079.JPG

And of course, everyone knows Disney and Christmas go so well together. I love poring over all the ornaments in the shops. I usually order 2 ornaments per year on the Disney Store's website - trying to exercise that self control! This got me pumped for my next order!
086.JPG

We used our FP for Star Tours. I have never seen Star Wars. Apparently this is a big deal or something? So I really have no idea what goes on in this ride. Put it this way: I didn't even realize the ride had changed over the past few years. It's fun...to a point. It can make me feel slightly ill. So I end up closing my eyes at some parts.
091.JPG

It was almost 11 AM, meaning it was just about time for the Frozen Processional Parade. I was very, very excited. We got excellent seats right on the edge of the sidewalk and kept each other cool with our handy Olaf fans. Good one, Disney!

belledream

Original Poster
I love experiencing new things at Disney World. I anticipate and anticipate for months and avoid anything and everything that may spoil the surprise. When that snow started falling, I freaked out. I wasn't expecting it at all! It was mesmerizing and absolutely set the mood for the parade. Once the music began, it was just pure bliss.
099.JPG

105.JPG

107.JPG

110.JPG

112.JPG

114.JPG

116.JPG

Rollerblading/rollerskiing down Hollywood Boulevard??? I want to do that! I was also impressed with Kristoff. Anyone know if they put a fake nose on the CM? It was on point.

With snow (soap suds) still in our hair, we decided to chow down. We went to...ABC Commissary. DUN DUN DUN. It really isn't all that bad I tell you! One time, I got the Surf & Turf Burger and it was really no better or worse than the burgers from anywhere else in HS. This time however, I was feeling like a salad. I ended up with this Asian Salad with Chicken.
126.JPG

It was pretty good as quick-serviced, pre-packaged salads go. The chicken was juicy and the dressing had a pleasant tangy taste. Little crunchies added a bit of intrigue.
127.JPG

J got the Seafood Platter. Fish and shrimp are hidden under all those fries if you can't tell. This is clearly the choice of a man.
128.JPG

But here is the real star of the meal: Olaf Carrot Cake Cupcake! Yes, my second carrot cake cupcake in a row. I am dangerously addicted to cream cheese frosting. The cupcake was covered in crunchy sugars and the inside was nice and moist. All of this topped off with a white chocolate Olaf. Oh so delicious!

MickeyMomV

View attachment 67433It was c-c-cold! Silly me, what else should I have expected? It's such a cute concept and I'm glad they just now put more work into it to make it a more detailed and permanent structure. Inside: a big summer blowout (aka full price) of lots of Anna & Elsa dolls and costumes. Lots of Olafs and Svens. Lots of delectable treats.

My DH and I were reading your trip report and loving it by the way. But where in DHS is Wandering Oakens, we couldn't figure it out from the pictures.

belledream

Original Poster
View attachment 67433It was c-c-cold! Silly me, what else should I have expected? It's such a cute concept and I'm glad they just now put more work into it to make it a more detailed and permanent structure. Inside: a big summer blowout (aka full price) of lots of Anna & Elsa dolls and costumes. Lots of Olafs and Svens. Lots of delectable treats.

My DH and I were reading your trip report and loving it by the way. But where in DHS is Wandering Oakens, we couldn't figure it out from the pictures.
It was in the old building called Soundstage One which is located between Backlot Tour and Toy Story Mania.
SS1.jpg

Now it seems like it's move to a more permanent home in Streets of America, taking the place of the old AFI Showcase which was that museum-type place you get dropped off at after you finish the Backlot Tour. Hope this helps!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/wa...en-snowground-opens-on-streets-of-america.htm

And thanks for reading! :)

MickeyMomV

QUOTE="belledream, post: 6355213, member: 96693"]It was in the old building called Soundstage One which is located between Backlot Tour and Toy Story Mania.
View attachment 67538

Now it seems like it's move to a more permanent home in Streets of America, taking the place of the old AFI Showcase which was that museum-type place you get dropped off at after you finish the Backlot Tour. Hope this helps!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/wa...en-snowground-opens-on-streets-of-america.htm

And thanks for reading! :)[/QUOTE]
It does, Thanks.

My husband's big fear was that was in one of the backlot tour buildings. While think he likes the movie Frozen, I think he is definately done seeing it take over everything.:greedy:

belledream

Original Poster
"Yoo-hoo! Please clear the ice. Thank you!" And we were back at Frozen Funland to watch 'Oaken's talented cousins on the Arendelle ice.'
129.JPG
I began to fully appreciate the little details that Disney put into this place. Even though it seems that it was put together rather in a jiffy, I still felt immersed in a twinkling, winter wonderland.
134.JPG

I thoroughly enjoyed this show - it was peppered with lots of humor, crowd interaction, and of course, that soundtrack. I wanted to join in the fun!
139.JPG
146.JPG
147.JPG
148.JPG

After the show, we found the exit marked 'Sauna'. It was as advertised. Hot hot hot outside!

We went to the Backlot Tour where all I could think about was how hot it was. It probably wasn't our best decision...
150.JPG

I was pretty disappointed with the Backlot Tour. I didn't find anything remotely interesting (except maybe the costuming department - they need to slow down when we get in there!) and upon returning, I found out that that would be our last time on this ride. Alrighty then, I'm always up for new fun.

Then it was off to the movies! The Great Movie Ride queue provided some nice eye candy.
157.JPG
158.JPG
159.JPG

Where can I buy this and who will invite me to an event where I can wear this?

belledream

Original Poster
The weather seemed to be pulling a 180 on us as clouds started rolling in. We observed from Echo Lake.
166.JPG

Then we went to go grab a paper FP thingy for the Frozen Sing-Along. The line was insanely long. It moved constantly, but it started at the Premiere Theater (near Lights, Motor, Action) and extended all the way towards Muppets! I didn't think it would ever end.
170.JPG

But I was determined to have the full Frozen Summer Fun experience! We got one - the whole thing was just a little perplexing to ingest at first.
171.JPG

We sat down for some Indiana Jones. The marketplace scene is always the coolest. But it had started drizzling, and they ended the show shortly after this part. No climbing on buildings, no plane!
172.JPG

Deciding to stick in the area until the sing-along, we admired little details and Disney surprises here and there.
174.JPG

Look at the detail in the décor of this shop! So cute and fun. Who's job is this? What a dream.
175.JPG

It was time for the Frozen Sing-Along Celebration! Let's just say it wasn't what I expected. I thought that it would've been just Anna and Elsa doing some kind of dance or performance on stage while everyone sang along to the music. But in fact, it was not like that. They did have the words to the song projecting onto a big screen alongside the 'music video', but the whole shindig was narrated by two hilariously awesome MCs you see on the left in this picture below:
186.JPG

They bickered with each other. They pretended to take selfies. They teased Kristoff about Anna while beatboxing and chanting 'YOU LIKED HER, YOU LIKED HER, YOU LIKED HER!" Ahhh, I was rolling!
194.JPG

Then of course, Arendelle's most famous ladies did engage us in one last sing-along finale of Let It Go. In conclusion, it was a lot better than I expected it to be. I was surprised to see it wasn't just another typical stage show that strictly follows the movie. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we see that in the future. ;)

Upon exiting the show, we were greeted with a monsoon of great proportions. People were huddling in the exit, under awnings, refusing to go forth. But we had dinner reservations. Nothing stands between us and our food!

mrdrift

Wow that frozen parade looks worth any wait to get front row viewing. All of the pictures at the different events are really nice. At least you got the backlot tour before it closer which I have always loved to take. Love the cupcake, can't wait till I can get one for myself. Following along.

belledream

Original Poster
Wow that frozen parade looks worth any wait to get front row viewing. All of the pictures at the different events are really nice. At least you got the backlot tour before it closer which I have always loved to take. Love the cupcake, can't wait till I can get one for myself. Following along.
I really did enjoy the parade. It was short but every moment really counted. However, the best event is yet to come! :)

I used to like Backlot Tour a lot, but the displays have gotten a bit old to me. It's been around ever since I can remember, so it'll be weird to see it gone.

vcstr

The Frozen Sing-a-long looks so much better than I had anticipated! Now I'll try to squeeze it in since it looks like it'll still be on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom