What did you do?

LindsayLoves

20 miles in the books for the day. Ran 10 miles @9:14/mi to the start of the 8am Bronx 10 mile race and timed it perfectly, literally had 6 minutes to grab a drink and check my bag before heading to the start. I seem to forget that this race is not my favorite, the course can't decide if it wants to be hilly or flat so lots of leg burning going up and down constantly. Finished the race at 8:57/mi, didn't go all out by any means but man the last three miles were tough and was very surprised to see a pace under 9 minute miles on these parts because they felt like a death shuffle. Now it is time for brunch.

Kristia

@LindsayLoves Wow! You are awesome, running 10 miles to a race and then running the race with that kind of pace! You are my hero LOL! :happy:

Yesterday, did 11 miles at an easy pace. I think it was about 11 min/mile. Then today, we ran the Hoot, Waddle, Stroll 5k trail run that benefits a local animal refuge and rehab center. That was one tough 5k! It was a lot of twists and turns through the woods. The worst part was the first 3/4 mile where the trail was only one person wide and there was no way to pass. At one point I had some older man push his way by me (not even an "on your left" notice) only to have him walk about 50 yards after that. Ugh. I beat him though! It was for a good cause though and after the beginning it opened up a bit. After an 11:23 first mile :eek:, I managed to finish in 33:21 with a 10:44 pace. Dan finished 32:53. Not too bad considering we did 11 yesterday and it was a twisty turny trail run.

a2grafix

Sunday, 2 weeks out from my next half marathon and needed this run. It was a had to, need to run. 7.15 miles through Downtown Memphis, a little different route, incorporated some of the St. Jude Memphis course. Couldn't ask for more perfect conditions - 84, mostly sunny, breezy when I needed it, not that humid. Felt strong, no stiffness in my lower back or pain in my right heel. Ran it in about 75-80 minutes.

My last 3 miles took over over a bridge and into the Mud Island river park. Wish this park was open all year around but sadly it is not. The park is a replica of the Mississippi River from Minnesota all the way down through Louisiana. Shaded, water everywhere and the Mighty Mississippi to the right.

Final stretch - up 4 flights of stairs, a pedestrian walkway over the Wolf River inlet, and right to my finish line. Red box = start and finish. Finish line for most of my spring, summer, fall runs is through the city hall water fountains. Soaked and refreshed.

7point15.jpg

a2grafix

Question. What will happen to the WDW Marathon, Wine and Dine Half and Tower of Terror 10 miler courses now that the Studio Backlot Tour is now closed? if I recall I ran Tower 10 miler and Wine and Dine and both courses took us into portions of the backlot tour, at least through the tunnels where the costume department is.

Will runDisney modify future courses while Team Disney Orlando reinvents the area near Pixar Place?

dreamfinder

Sat was a 5k at 21 flat. Better than the last, but still way off where I should be. Not sure what happened here, I blame the hills. Or just me sucking wind perhaps. Sun was 12mi on the TM, did 3x(3.75@7:30, .25@6:58/6:31/6:00) at 1 incline w/1/2 w/u & 3/4 c/d.

I have zero clue how i can run so much faster outside. I try to do that pace on the TM and nearly die. I feel like a slug when I'm outside.

Some people hate the TM, others hate roads, mentally you probably just click in one location. Sounds like you hit your zone much faster and easier on the road.

20 miles in the books for the day. Ran 10 miles @9:14/mi to the start of the 8am Bronx 10 mile race and timed it perfectly, literally had 6 minutes to grab a drink and check my bag before heading to the start. I seem to forget that this race is not my favorite, the course can't decide if it wants to be hilly or flat so lots of leg burning going up and down constantly. Finished the race at 8:57/mi, didn't go all out by any means but man the last three miles were tough and was very surprised to see a pace under 9 minute miles on these parts because they felt like a death shuffle. Now it is time for brunch.

Impressive. Nothing quite like running to the start of the race.

Question. What will happen to the WDW Marathon, Wine and Dine Half and Tower of Terror 10 miler courses now that the Studio Backlot Tour is now closed? if I recall I ran Tower 10 miler and Wine and Dine and both courses took us into portions of the backlot tour, at least through the tunnels where the costume department is.

Will runDisney modify future courses while Team Disney Orlando reinvents the area near Pixar Place?

Short term, I don't think much. Races they haven't released the course for, modification is almost definitely going to happen. This closure also happens to fall right in line with the fiscal year (much like the entertainment cuts in Epcot) so there is a pretty good chance that no real work is scheduled for a while, they are just trying to improve the books. They can use some of the other gates to the park (ToT/RnRC come to mind) and then tack on another 1/4-1/2 mile elsewhere.

JillC LI

20 miles in the books for the day. Ran 10 miles @9:14/mi to the start of the 8am Bronx 10 mile race and timed it perfectly, literally had 6 minutes to grab a drink and check my bag before heading to the start.
Finished the race at 8:57/mi

Way to go!

At one point I had some older man push his way by me (not even an "on your left" notice) only to have him walk about 50 yards after that. Ugh. I beat him though!

Love that!

As for me, 7 miles Saturday morning. Warmish Fall day but finished with a 9:59 pace. Put the calories burned to good use at the Melting Pot for a girls fondue dinner out with my daughter :)

Texas84

TM 4.5 at 13:57 pace
I have zero clue how i can run so much faster outside. I try to do that pace on the TM and nearly die. I feel like a slug when I'm outside.

I'm the same way. I finally put the TM on the curb. I'll run in any conditions except lightning.

My guess is they won't even break ground until after Marathon Weekend. After that they will obviously need new courses. But that land might also sit there empty for a year or more.

JillC LI

Plan was to do 4 miles of speedwork on the TM after walking the puppy this morning but it was so beautiful outside that I couldn't forego an outdoor run. Did a 4 mile tempo run instead - 9:42 pace. Left the headphones home since I don't feel safe running with them before it's light out.

atrus79

Been away on the DCL Fantasy the last week so haven't posted at all ... while on board I did 9 miles Saturday, 4 miles Monday, 4 miles Wednesday and the Castaway Cay 5K on Friday (wow it was hot!). Been taking a break since I got back but plan on running tomorrow and Friday ... have the Komen 5K on Sunday and prepping for the Princeton Half in a month and a half.

JillC LI

Mama brag if you'll indulge me: DS had his first 5K of cross-country season yesterday. He blew his PR out of the water with a 20:05 finish time! Blows my mind. He's the third fastest runner on his high school's Varsity team, and he's only in 10th grade. He definitely doesn't get those speed genes from me though! LOL

Mr mom

Good to hear that you finally have a resolution coming! The other thing that may kill you about flying is having to keep your knee bent. Try to sit in an aisle seat so you can stretch your leg. My husband had knee surgery (ACL repair) and driving for any distance hurt for a while since he couldn't extend his leg to stretch while driving. Good luck! I just got my 2 pair of Hokas this week!

Got my hokas on my last trip to florida, my wife loves hers so far. Had my surgery today, trimmed up the meniscus to a nice and tidy one. I will have a few days to get the swelling down and then back to physio. I am so pumped to be able to run again. Good call on the aisle seat, I will remember that.. My poor knee is about 3 times it's size right now

dreamfinder

Nice easy 5k@7:00 pace today, TM @1 w/ 1/4 w/u&c/d.

Mama brag if you'll indulge me: DS had his first 5K of cross-country season yesterday. He blew his PR out of the water with a 20:05 finish time! Blows my mind. He's the third fastest runner on his high school's Varsity team, and he's only in 10th grade. He definitely doesn't get those speed genes from me though! LOL

Kid definitely has speed. Good for him. How does he compare on the road to trails? (Assuming the XC course is mostly trails)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom