Windows talk

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got questions, comments, news or information to share about Microsoft Windows and related devices? This thread is for you.

lazyboy97o

So is nobody excited for Ctrl+V into Command Prompt in Windows 7-2, erm, Windows 10? I might give the preview a try just because I like to be that person.

I know it is nothing new, but does Microsoft just pull numbers from a hat? Windows 7, Windows 10 (at least they didn't go Windows X), Xbox One.

StarWarsGirl

I'm excited about Windows 10. Mostly because it's supposed to come out at around the time when I was thinking I'd need a new laptop. If it were coming out this year, I'd probably wait a bit, look at the reviews, and then grab the update for $25-$30 from my school and update all of the computers. But since it's not, I'll probably get it when I get a new computer. I'm hoping they'll come up with a free update for the RTs

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Why did they call it Windows 10 instead of Windows 9?

Because 7 8 9

But it's nice to see MS trying so hard. Hopefully they can break their pattern of getting every third operating system right.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Why did they call it Windows 10 instead of Windows 9?

Because 7 8 9

But it's nice to see MS trying so hard. Hopefully they can break their pattern of getting every third operating system right.
I posted this earlier.
dw8e52l.png

Voxel

I'm excited about Windows 10. Mostly because it's supposed to come out at around the time when I was thinking I'd need a new laptop. If it were coming out this year, I'd probably wait a bit, look at the reviews, and then grab the update for $25-$30 from my school and update all of the computers. But since it's not, I'll probably get it when I get a new computer. I'm hoping they'll come up with a free update for the RTs
Rumor mill from inside Windows suggest that Window's 10 may be free in an upgrade, as a bit of an Apology for the "mess" (For the lack of a better term) that Windows 8 and 8.1 were.

StarWarsGirl

Rumor mill from inside Windows suggest that Window's 10 may be free in an upgrade, as a bit of an Apology for the "mess" (For the lack of a better term) that Windows 8 and 8.1 were.
That would be very nice. I'd still get a new laptop as I'll be due for a new one, but that would be very nice.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They screwed up big time with 8 and 8.1

Server 2012 isn't all that hot either.

Though, and I've said this elsewhere, I have more issues with the stuff they are pulling with IE 11 than 8.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
They screwed up big time with 8 and 8.1

Server 2012 isn't all that hot either.

Though, and I've said this elsewhere, I have more issues with the stuff they are pulling with IE 11 than 8.

That's why I love Redhat and Fedora, and of course my MAC which is running virtualized Fedora.

Jahona

2xnFoXc.png

Greetings from Windows 10.

So far the preview seems very smooth and responsive. It feels like windows 7 but with the backend of windows 8. Some of the more advanced features and settings are buried like in windows 8. Just opening the device manager look a few steps. Not all of my drivers will install but the OS seems to fill in with generic ones for the time being.

Voxel

2xnFoXc.png

Greetings from Windows 10.

So far the preview seems very smooth and responsive. It feels like windows 7 but with the backend of windows 8. Some of the more advanced features and settings are buried like in windows 8. Just opening the device manager look a few steps. Not all of my drivers will install but the OS seems to fill in with generic ones for the time being.
That is good news!

erasure fan1

Not sure why we have all the hate for windows 8. I have a windows 7 and 8.1 laptop and 8 blows 7 out of the water. Are people really that mad that they took away the start bar? What am I missing that everyone else seems to hate with a passion. To me it looks like people are just being over dramatic and just not willing to give it a try.

Jahona

I never had to much of an issue with the Metro UI. It was a nice looking interface. The performance between 7 and 8 is very noticeable.

I think the main issue with Windows 8 adoption was that people were so used to XP that they didn't want to learn a new OS.

Voxel

I never had to much of an issue with the Metro UI. It was a nice looking interface. The performance between 7 and 8 is very noticeable.

I think the main issue with Windows 8 adoption was that people were so used to XP that they didn't want to learn a new OS.
Metro got annoying for some users, I did not like having to change my screen to open another program. While it's nice to look at, the extra seconds can get annoying. This is why I am all for Metro being implemented into the start menu.

Jahona

I work on multiple monitors so having to close a window was never an issue for me. Windows 10 does away with the windows 8 system and uses an improved Windows 7 window management.

Voxel

I work on multiple monitors so having to close a window was never an issue for me. Windows 10 does away with the windows 8 system and uses an improved Windows 7 window management.
I recently upgrade to a dual monitor system so this issue isn't as bad as it use to be. I want to test out Windows 10 but I don't have a test machine sitting around for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom