Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Has everyone seen the Puerto Rico news on here? Man, talk about a conflict of interest for me! If this happens, I will choose my interests for Puerto Rican statehood over Disney any day. Disney will hurt the people of PR if they go ahead with this because it will help anti-statehood people distinguish PR as a nationality. No statehood means no hope for the economy there and it means the U.S. is an imperial power that controls the destinies of other other states without democratic representation. That's not what America is about.

Sorry for the politics. Blame it on Disney.
Peter there are rules against discussing political issues on this forum.

Steve is starting to give out points to those who flagrantly dismiss his rules.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/warning-points-and-bans.890187/

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
did they detect it in an uncontrolled patient that fled africa via plane? or some doctor infected another?

In other news, I hate these fake plastic apologies. Apologies that always seem forced in the person who did something bad.

At Dinner they were not saying much about the patient other than in Dallas in critical condition @ Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

My old hover car...

Schritt7.jpg

And, I'm an astronaut, and I own this bar... :D ;) :)

Gabe1

good odd or bad odd?

I think it is trying to right itself. The sub plot is too heavy into the the episodes now. Almost like the sub plot is the main storyline now, kinda wrecking it. It is a good show, they don't need to strangle it with the sub plot.

PeterAlt

I think it is trying to right itself. The sub plot is too heavy into the the episodes now. Almost like the sub plot is the main storyline now, kinda wrecking it. It is a good show, they don't need to strangle it with the sub plot.
Sounds like my life!

StarWarsGirl

Oy. :(

They wanted to raise the driving age up this way to 18 years old. I thought that was crazy. College students as new drivers far away from home. My kids never took their cars to college, they stayed in my driveway. I thought it was a recipe for disaster. I would have let my DD if she wanted hers the last few years but the parking lot was miles away by bus.
Had I gone away I would have had a car. Either I would have been in SC and living with relatives, so I still would have been a commuter, or I would have been in Florida and still in need to get to religious meetings and such. My parents had me get my license as soon as possible and then let me drive to school my senior year since they knew I would most likely be a commuter and they didn't want me to be a new driver and commuting to college. I have a friend from high school who goes to my college. She had to live on campus because she didn't have a car and got her license last week. Another one of my friends got a text from a Freshman from New Jersey a few weeks ago in the middle of class. This is what the text said: "OMG! How do you pump gas?! Help me!"

StarWarsGirl

After 12 innings, the Royals have advanced over the A's. Which is good, because the A's are my third most-hated team (Yankees are first, Red Sox are second). Also, since they haven't been to the post season since 1985, I thought it would be nice for them to advance. They waited longer than the Orioles did.

Gabe1

Had I gone away I would have had a car. Either I would have been in SC and living with relatives, so I still would have been a commuter, or I would have been in Florida and still in need to get to religious meetings and such. My parents had me get my license as soon as possible and then let me drive to school my senior year since they knew I would most likely be a commuter and they didn't want me to be a new driver and commuting to college. I have a friend from high school who goes to my college. She had to live on campus because she didn't have a car and got her license last week. Another one of my friends got a text from a Freshman from New Jersey a few weeks ago in the middle of class. This is what the text said: "OMG! How do you pump gas?! Help me!"

Ha! I had that moment way back as when I was your age gas stations put gas in your car. My kids learned to drive when they were 15. My DS drove his car to high school his Junior and Senior year, my DD her Senior. She was cautious as a driver but we were not comfortable with her lack of comfort behind the wheel. She had her license for 6 months but we didn't let her out for 6 months on her own. I can't see why putting this kind of parent involvement while they live at home would have been a good idea, glad it fizzled.

Gabe1

After 12 innings, the Royals have advanced over the A's. Which is good, because the A's are my third most-hated team (Yankees are first, Red Sox are second). Also, since they haven't been to the post season since 1985, I thought it would be nice for them to advance. They waited longer than the Orioles did.

Got me how they rank them but I heard on the radio today that the Cardinals are the most hated team in the hunt this year.

PeterAlt

Question: Am I evolving to become more and more negative over time? I've always used to be possitive in every single message I posted and even put a positive spin on things that would otherwise be negative. Just asking because I feel I've turned negative in my message tone lately...

StarWarsGirl

Ha! I had that moment way back as when I was your age gas stations put gas in your car. My kids learned to drive when they were 15. My DS drove his car to high school his Junior and Senior year, my DD her Senior. She was cautious as a driver but we were not comfortable with her lack of comfort behind the wheel. She had her license for 6 months but we didn't let her out for 6 months on her own. I can't see why putting this kind of parent involvement while they live at home would have been a good idea, glad it fizzled.
I got my license my Junior year of high school. In MD you have to be 15 and 9 months to get a permit and you have to hold that permit for nine months. In other words, you can't get your license until you're 16 1/2. I took a little longer learning how to drive, so I was more like 16 and 9 months getting my license. I didn't have a car when I got it, so for about six months, I did incidental driving. My mom would let me have her car to go to school if she had no where to go that day or if she didn't feel like picking me up. I would run to the grocery store and run errands for her if need be. I figured out one day that my mom really trusted my driving when she had me drive one day and I looked over and she was asleep.

When I was doing the incidental driving, I got into an accident (not my fault, it was a hit and run). On the one hand, I ended up really badly injured and in physical therapy for my back, but I did learn how to deal really well when you have a problem in a car. My parents really trust my driving now. I'll have to come home a day early from Disney in January, and they're considering letting me drive the car home and drive the car back the next day to get them. Although my dad still won't let me drive if he's in the car. But he won't let my mom drive if he's in the car either.

StarWarsGirl

Got me how they rank them but I heard on the radio today that the Cardinals are the most hated team in the hunt this year.
Maybe, but they are an NL team and the Orioles are AL, so we don't face them as often and I'm not as familiar with them. Out of the NL teams, probably the two I dislike the most are the Phillies and the Mets. Although I dislike the Yankees way more than I dislike either of those teams.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Question: Am I evolving to become more and more negative over time? I've always used to be possitive in every single message I posted and even put a positive spin on things that would otherwise be negative. Just asking because I feel I've turned negative in my message tone lately...

No, I don't think so. Some of your posts are still quite upbeat, while some are not quite so much. I figure there's a balance between them. As you stated in a previous post here last night, you're dealing with some personal issues. Maybe that's why you may think your overall perspective appears slightly overcast, at present.

We all deal with obstacles on a daily basis, and do the best we can. One reason I come to this thread, in particular, is to escape some of the day-to-day frustrations, and just be silly among like-minded, silly people here! :p :p :happy: This thread is entertaining, and I look forward to reading what people say here every day. (This is not to say that we don't occasionally touch upon more serious topics, and those discussions are also welcome. We all support one another through various issues from time to time, because we care about one another. There are some wonderful people here, and I'm so glad I found this thread.)

But, aside of that, if you are feeling a bit down, by all means reread some of the funny posts, watch the silly animal videos (thanks, Cesar R M, you're the best!) :) , laugh at the pumpkin pictures, etc.—the list goes on—and just let it help you blow off some steam. Think of this thread as an enjoyable and relaxing oasis away from all the bad stuff in life! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom