Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reviews

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I am planning a cruise on the Disney Dream in late November. Looks like the Cat 04C Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah will suffice for us. We are 4 adults, my husband and I, our 24 y/o son and his 22 y/o girlfriend. I think the bunk bed style beds will work out nicely for them. I chose 4C to get deck 7, I was warned about deck 6. And it looks like the starboard side maybe the way to go for morning coffee at CC. Any other suggestions? This will be my first Disney cruise. I am a veteran RC cruiser, I thought I would give Mickey's ship a try.

That sounds like a great choice, Thumper! Starboard does have the best view of Castaway Cay and midship on deck 7 is great.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We are on the Dream in late October, Deck 9 towards the stern on the starboard side. The CM said we wouldn't have problems with noise since there is no pool/bar/theatre above us and no kid's activity room below. Glad to know the starboard side will have the best view of CC.

This is our first cruise, ever. We depart on Halloween. For those cruise regulars, does Disney do any type of Halloween party on deck if you are lucky enough to be cruising that day?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Portions of deck 6 are above the kids clubs & theater. That can be quite loud. I closely examine deck plans for exactly what's above & below my stateroom then I go search for stateroom reviews. :)

We've been above the kids clubs and didn't hear a thing! The theater can be loud during shows or movies though. :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We are on the Dream in late October, Deck 9 towards the stern on the starboard side. The CM said we wouldn't have problems with noise since there is no pool/bar/theatre above us and no kid's activity room below. Glad to know the starboard side will have the best view of CC.

This is our first cruise, ever. We depart on Halloween. For those cruise regulars, does Disney do any type of Halloween party on deck if you are lucky enough to be cruising that day?

Here is the Official information from disney Cruise line for their Halloween cruises

Discover treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings as you celebrate Halloween on the High Seas! This new experience is available on most itineraries departing late September through Halloween.

Thrills and chills await you at every turn with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor—including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.

Sail Dates

Ship Sail Dates
Disney Magic September 27, 2014 - October 26, 2014
Disney Wonder September 26, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Dream September 07, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Fantasy September 06, 2014 - October 25, 2014

Other special experiences include:

• Mickey's Mouse-querade Party—an atrium party scare-a-bration in addition to Pirate Night—with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
  • Halloween-themed activities for all ages, such as mask-making for kids and pumpkin-carving for teens
  • Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you're part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
  • Haunted Stories of the Sea—a campfire-style storytelling experience on the deck
  • Halloween movie marathon to get you in the spirit, shown on Funnel Vision and on the dedicated in-room television channel
  • Halloween Isn't Just for Kids—an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
And more spooky surprises await you onboard!

With so much to see and do, you won't want to miss this Halloween celebration at sea, now offered fleetwide. Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.

Have a great time!

Pam

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Here is the Official information from disney Cruise line for their Halloween cruises

Discover treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings as you celebrate Halloween on the High Seas! This new experience is available on most itineraries departing late September through Halloween.

Thrills and chills await you at every turn with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor—including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.

Sail Dates

Ship Sail Dates
Disney Magic September 27, 2014 - October 26, 2014
Disney Wonder September 26, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Dream September 07, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Fantasy September 06, 2014 - October 25, 2014

Other special experiences include:

• Mickey's Mouse-querade Party—an atrium party scare-a-bration in addition to Pirate Night—with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
  • Halloween-themed activities for all ages, such as mask-making for kids and pumpkin-carving for teens
  • Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you're part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
  • Haunted Stories of the Sea—a campfire-style storytelling experience on the deck
  • Halloween movie marathon to get you in the spirit, shown on Funnel Vision and on the dedicated in-room television channel
  • Halloween Isn't Just for Kids—an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
And more spooky surprises await you onboard!

With so much to see and do, you won't want to miss this Halloween celebration at sea, now offered fleetwide. Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.

Have a great time!

Pam

Pam, thanks so much for the info. We depart October 31st on the Dream and are looking forward to both the cruise and the special Halloween events you provided.

Ralphlaw

Jus got off the 12 day med cruise, and Cabin 6058 on the Magic smells like sewage. There's some kind of plumbing thing nearby, and the smell works it's way into the head. And, no, it wasn't me this time. It didn't ruin our trip or anything, but it wasn't the best option when you, well, had to go.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Jus got off the 12 day med cruise, and Cabin 6058 on the Magic smells like sewage. There's some kind of plumbing thing nearby, and the smell works it's way into the head. And, no, it wasn't me this time. It didn't ruin our trip or anything, but it wasn't the best option when you, well, had to go.

Well that's not good!

Cesar R M

Ship : Disney Wonder
Stateroom # 7620 (Secret Verandah room)
Room Category: 7A ( 6A with partial obstruction)
Aft, Mid or Forward: AFT
Date of Sailing: Sept 1-8 2014 Alaska 7 night cruise.

Secret Verandah room. Full plexiglass verandah with slight obstruction on the top right area.

Room was very quiet, no noise from other staterooms or from top or bottom.

Engine vibration is very apparent during "backing" maneouver when leaving certain ports ( Not noticeable when you're in bed or the sofa-bed).
In the other hand...the vibrations are amplified in the toilet seat and the shower sink. Bathrooms worked perfect. (only issue we had was, the water either was too cold or too hot lol in the handwash sinks)

First day at sea had some light rocking side to side(I got dizzy, but recovered completely after a nap). All other days were perfect.
Room was in perfect shape, nothing felt dated or damaged, everything worked fine, no visible damage in any area. Only some very small areas were overpaint (aka parts that shouldn't be painted, with tiny splotchs of paint), Particularly the verandah railing.

Room had the famous "coffer" vertical trunk (aka steamer trunk)

Only thing that could be classified with "visible wear" was the couch-bed arm rests.

Note that I'm partially deaf, I feel vibrations and movements way more than normal persons. My mother had absolutely no issue with the vibration or rocking.

DSC_0017 (3).jpg

DSC_0015 (3).jpg

DSC_0016.JPG

The room was superB located. Very close to both the aft elevators, aft stairs and the famous "secret" stairs.
Stairs that lead to the small back viewing area and to the beach blanket buffet's rear area (very practical).

Only problem is, being in the back of the ship.. we had to take elevators all the way to deck 3 or 4, and then walk aaaaaaaaaaall the way up to the front of the ship for all the tours and shows.
In the other hand, very close to Palo and Beach Blanket Buffet, Animator's Palate, Parrot's Cay, Shutter's and Promenade Lounge.

No smell, no weird odours in the room. ( and I have a very sensitive sense of smell).

Our stateroom host was from Philippines. He tried his best to talk in spanish (thank you!) so we could understand, very attentive!

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ship : Disney Wonder
Stateroom # 7620 (Secret Verandah room)
Room Category: 7A ( 6A with partial obstruction)
Aft, Mid or Forward: AFT
Date of Sailing: Sept 1-8 2014 Alaska 7 night cruise.

Secret Verandah room. Full plexiglass verandah with slight obstruction on the top right area.
Room was very quiet, no noise from other staterooms.
Engine vibration is very apparent during "backing" maneouver ( you wont feel it much in the room when you're in bed or in the sofa-bed), vibration is of VERY EASY to feel in the toilet and shower.

First day at sea had some light rocking side to side. All other days were perfect.
Room was in perfect shape, nothing felt dated or damaged, everything worked fine, no visible damage in any area. Only some very small areas were overpaint (aka parts that shouldn't be painted, with tiny splotchs of paint), Particularly the verandah railing.

Only thing that could be classified with "visible wear" was the couch-bed.

Note that I'm partially deaf, I feel vibrations and movements way more than normal persons. My mother had absolutely no issue with the vibration or rocking.
View attachment 67523

View attachment 67525

The room was superB located. Very close to both the elevators, rear stairs and the famous "secret" stairs.
Stairs that lead to the small back viewing area and to the beach blanket buffet's rear area (very practical).

Only problem is, being in the back of the ship.. we had to take elevators all the way to deck 3 or 4, and then walk aaaaaaaaaaall the way up to the front of the ship for all the tours and shows.
In the other hand, very close to Palo and Beach Blanket Buffet.

No smell, no weird odors in the room. ( and I have a very strong sense of smell).

Our stateroom host was from Philippines. He tried his best to talk in spanish, very attentive!

Awesome, Cesar! Thanks! I still can't edit my posts so I can't update the first post with your review, but if that ever gets fixed I will! :)

kasey1988

Ship: Disney Dream
Stateroom:9562
Category:5C

We were so happy with this room, the location is right by the mid-ship elevators and stairs. It was a quick walk up to the main pool deck and cabanas!

The room was very clean at all times and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, plenty big for the both of us and all our bags! Lots of storage to!

We had one issue with the verandah, where the plexy glass made a loud popping noise, it was very irritating when sitting out and was made louder when the ship was in motion. However this was fixed promptly when brought to the attention of our room hostess!

Best part? The view of castaway cay when we pulled in! wow! We also enjoyed a lot of time enjoying a drink or mickey ice cream bars in evening, we will always book a verandah room!

IMG_4703.JPG

ginadee

Just got back from The Disney Dream. Sept 28, 4 night. Halloween cruise. Stayed in cabin 2558, deck 2, midship. It was so perfect. We were the very last cabin on the end of the hall in the midship section. Looks like our cabin was the exact middle of the ship. So noone ever walked by our room, didnt hear any doors it was very quiet. We were right by the Enchanted Garden restaurant. So close to everything. Most everything was decks 3,4,5. We were right near the elevators. Didnt have to walk far for anything. Huge porthole, loved that the toilet and shower were separate. There was lots of storage space. Plenty of shelves, drawers, cabinets, 2 closets. Good hairdryer, safe, fridge. Loved that the bed had huge space underneath for suitcases. I would definately get this same room again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

atrus79

Ship: Disney Fantasy
Stateroom #: 7186
Room Category: 07A
Aft, Mid or Forward: Aft (Port Side)
Date of Sailing: 9/20/2014 – 9/27/2014

First off, we didn’t take any pictures :( . We thought about it and then forgot … having a 1.5 year old will do that to you! Next trip (May 2015) I promise pictures!

This room was in a perfect location for my family, as it was just 5 floors underneath Cabana’s meaning that drink refills were only a short walk away. The Full Verandah was great and the view towards the front of the ship looking up was Remy, while the view looking down was life boats and some other verandahs.

The noise of the room varied on the trip … on the way south to St Maarten/St Thomas, it was extremely quiet … would never have been able to tell that we were on a ship. On the way north though, there was some noise that sounded like grinding … my assumption is that the ship was going against a current on the way back north and that brought the noise/vibration.

The view when pulling into St Maarten and St Thomas were fantastic (head first). On Castaway Cay we were on the dock side and so wished we could see the island as we pulled away. Actually it's important to note that for our next cruise we booked aft ... but we also booked starboard. The reasons why were the view leaving Castaway Cay ... AND being able to see the fireworks for Pirate Night. We missed all of that fun because our little one was wiped out ... now we can at least see the show on the next trip! :)

It was a great room … highly recommended and can’t wait to go back!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Stateroom #: 7186
Room Category: 07A
Aft, Mid or Forward: Aft (Port Side)
Date of Sailing: 9/20/2014 – 9/27/2014

First off, we didn’t take any pictures :( . We thought about it and then forgot … having a 1.5 year old will do that to you! Next trip (May 2015) I promise pictures!

This room was in a perfect location for my family, as it was just 5 floors underneath Cabana’s meaning that drink refills were only a short walk away. The Full Verandah was great and the view towards the front of the ship looking up was Remy, while the view looking down was life boats and some other verandahs.

The noise of the room varied on the trip … on the way south to St Maarten/St Thomas, it was extremely quiet … would never have been able to tell that we were on a ship. On the way north though, there was some noise that sounded like grinding … my assumption is that the ship was going against a current on the way back north and that brought the noise/vibration.

The view when pulling into St Maarten and St Thomas were fantastic (head first). On Castaway Cay we were on the dock side and so wished we could see the island as we pulled away. Actually it's important to note that for our next cruise we booked aft ... but we also booked starboard. The reasons why were the view leaving Castaway Cay ... AND being able to see the fireworks for Pirate Night. We missed all of that fun because our little one was wiped out ... now we can at least see the show on the next trip! :)

It was a great room … highly recommended and can’t wait to go back!

Thanks altrus! Still can't edit my posts to put this on the first page, but I appreciate you taking the time to write it!

sring

Ship : Disney Magic
Stateroom # : 6606
Room Category : 5B
Aft, Mid or Forward : Technically Mid but closer to Aft lifts
Date of Sailing : 18-Oct-2014 (Repositioning Cruise San Juan to Port Canaveral)

Stateroom sleeps 4 with a queen bed, convertible sofa and a pull-down bed. The verandah has a solid wall on the forward side with a small hole in the bottom for water drainage, and a normal wall on the aft side. No significant obstruction due to the solid wall. Stateroom has the standard split bathroom.

On this sailing the bathroom with the commode had a smell of cat urine coming from the floor vent. Although we brought this to the attention of our Stateroom Attendant, Guest Services (3 times) and a maintenance manager, there was no remediation and no evidence or communication that the situation was looked into (really the only disappointing part of the trip).

Attachments

• IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 73

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Ship : Disney Magic
Stateroom # : 6606
Room Category : 5B
Aft, Mid or Forward : Technically Mid but closer to Aft lifts
Date of Sailing : 18-Oct-2014 (Repositioning Cruise San Juan to Port Canaveral)

Stateroom sleeps 4 with a queen bed, convertible sofa and a pull-down bed. The verandah has a solid wall on the forward side with a small hole in the bottom for water drainage, and a normal wall on the aft side. No significant obstruction due to the solid wall. Stateroom has the standard split bathroom.

On this sailing the bathroom with the commode had a smell of cat urine coming from the floor vent. Although we brought this to the attention of our Stateroom Attendant, Guest Services (3 times) and a maintenance manager, there was no remediation and no evidence or communication that the situation was looked into (really the only disappointing part of the trip).

Thanks, sring! :)

Joshua&CalebDad

Statetroom - 6078 (port side)
Room Category - 5D
Aft, Mid, Forward - In the Mid within 10 - 15 steps of the lifts and grand stairs
Date of sailing - October 4th - 11th, 2014

Deluxe ocean view stateroom with a verandah that sleeps 5. This trip was for a family of 4, which included my wife, 2 sons (ages 5 & 7), and myself. We were all very comfortable within the stateroom and the location was great for us. I have read about concerns because this room is located right above the movie theatre, but we never has an issue with sound coming from the theatre. As a matter of fact we went ahead and booked our next cruise on the Dream and requested the same stateroom but was given 6080, which is right next door and we are as happy as can be with the location. Best part yest, no kids on the next cruise, yay, just have to wait until next year.

The room does have the standard bunk beds, which the boys loved. The verandah was plenty big with two white side walls and two chairs and small table. If there was a negative it was that we were right above the saftey boats, but that didn't bother us because we sometimes got to see inside of them as they did some upkeep on them.

Love the room and the location was great for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom