Trip Report spur the moment trip

You have to love the spur the moment trips! So even though my wife and I had just gotten back from our honeymoon in August from Disneyland, all of life's stress was waiting for us when we came back home.

We live in Northern New Jersey, about 10 minutes outside of New York City. December will be 3 years that I graduated college. And in that time, I haven't gotten 1 single full time job offer. I've only been able to score 2 interviews since May and that was only because I knew people at the companies. Life is not too friendly here, I have friends moving away at a weekly rate because they can't find work. So it's been stressing my wife and I out very, very much.

So when my parents begged us to join them on their vacation, we were really skeptical, plus I figured, "with my luck, we'll book the flight and I'll get a job offer the next day." Then my parents kept enticing us, because they're DVC members, obviously we didn't have to worry about a room, then they offered to pick up our food. So about 2 weeks before their trip, we looked at flights and they were VERY reasonable, so the hell with it! You only live once. So we went!

We had a wonderful trip, we hit the parks with my folks, we hit the parks alone, and we did MNSSHP for the first time which was an absolute blast!!! Anyone reading this that's debating on whether or not to do it, DO IT! Worth every penny.

We didn't do the parks as much though, we did a LOT of relaxing. Mostly at the pool, but the occasional 4 hour nap as well.

So for 10 wonderful days, we just let loose and had a ton of fun. We sprang for AP's, and will probably be going back to our favorite place in the spring!

smk

Generous parents are a very good thing! I wish I could afford AP's, never have been able to and we had to forget about going this year at all because it would not fit our budget!

loriloughs

Good for you. Same for us. We are also from NJ. 20 minutes outside New York City. My husband lost his 2nd job 18 months ago and I didn't land that public school teaching job I thought I would. So even though things are tight and we are facing college tuition next year, we decided to splurge on a trip to Disney for the Food and Wine Festival. We stayed at a value resort and took advantage of the free dining plan. We got the Food and Wine Premium Package and had so much fun!!! Money we'll spent. We upgraded to annual passes and are looking forward to watching our daughter march up Main Street in the Magic Kingdom next year with her high school marching band. Sometimes you can't afford NOT to take a Disney trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom