Disney sued for $250 million by woman claiming Frozen is stolen from her life story

Figaro928

My kid bounces when he is happy - Sound familiar, Tigger??

Cha-Ching!

But is his top made out of rubber and his bottoms made out of springs? This is where those cut throat Disney lawyers will get cha. TIgger clearly states in verse one, chorus two that, "he's the only one; he's the only one" If you have any chance of some sweet settlement money you'd better make sure your kid is at least fun fun fun fun fun. :p

DVCPluto

But is his top made out of rubber and his bottoms made out of springs? This is where those cut throat Disney lawyers will get cha. TIgger clearly states in verse one, chorus two that, "he's the only one; he's the only one" If you have any chance of some sweet settlement money you'd better make sure your kid is at least fun fun fun fun fun. :p

Yes, yes, and he is! Want to be my lawyer?

mouse_luv

• There are two male characters: Hans and Cristoff in her book; Hans and Kristoff in the movie. (This is, to be fair, is a little weird.) Where the heck did she meet a Hans and Cristoff in Peru?

This is exactly what I thought. The names, first of all aren't right for the area, and she also admitted that her true love was Edouardo, so...?!? o_O:cautious: Color me confused and LOL at the same time! :hilarious:

Chevross

I was on a field trip one time and we went to this play. As I was laughing at a scene, one of my fellow students, who was sitting behind me, hit me in the back of the head with a crunched up piece of paper. Obviously, Spielberg heard about this incident and thought it'd make a good Presidential drama. How dare he!

Wait...what? You're telling me Lincoln was based off something well documented and known?

danv3

The similarity of the names is actually more evidence to me that the writers of Frozen never even heard of this lady's books. If the writers were going to plagiarize something, I have to think they'd be smart enough to change the names.

hokielutz

Upon interviewing for my first job, a well-known senior partner at a law firm rhetorically asked me if I thought there was even such a thing as a "frivolous lawsuit", and then took the time to pontificate about how he can't fathom why the public thinks any litigation is ever unnecessary or frivolous.

I am sorely tempted to call him up and ask him about this...

Its never frivolous if the lawyers think there is an outside chance of making any kind of a payday. A settlement or hush-money is also a win for them.

dumboflyer

Its never frivolous if the lawyers think there is an outside chance of making any kind of a payday. A settlement or hush-money is also a win for them.

Fascinating how lawyer-bashing is always tolerated and frequently encouraged. A very small minority lie, cheat, and steal to try to get ahead (just like every profession). But 99.9% of us are in the profession to make a living like anyone else, and many of us chose this profession because of the enhanced ability to help others and make a positive difference. And very, very few of them are rolling in money, especially given how you pay an extra $100k for your degree.

Are there attorneys that think the way you stated in your post? Absolutely. But they are in a very small minority. I live in a metro area with around 250 attorneys and know most all of them, at least by reputation. I can count on one hand the number who would even talk to someone wanting to file a lawsuit like this. That's probably proven in the fact that she is representing herself in this case.

I wonder how people would react if one were to suggest that every police officer abuses their authority, or that every administrative assistant embezzles money from their employer, or that every high school teacher has inappropriate contact with their students. My guess is that they would (appropriately) be shunned by others for such views. But for some reason, people seem to welcome lawyer-bashing.

Disnee4Me

My evil stepmother made me wash the floors on my hands and knees with a brush so both Disney AND Gregory Maguire stole my story....
That would have been my evil mother-in-law and her abusive treatment of her foster daughter. And sad to say this is no joke ... my husband had to yank her off that girl several times.

dadddio

I wonder how people would react if one were to suggest that every police officer abuses their authority, or that every administrative assistant embezzles money from their employer, or that every high school teacher has inappropriate contact with their students. My guess is that they would (appropriately) be shunned by others for such views. But for some reason, people seem to welcome lawyer-bashing.
It's quite in vogue to paint every police officer as a racist abuser just as it is to paint all priests as pedophiles. Is it fair? Of course not, but lets not pretend that lawyers are treated less fairly than many other people.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Fascinating how lawyer-bashing is always tolerated and frequently encouraged. A very small minority lie, cheat, and steal to try to get ahead (just like every profession). But 99.9% of us are in the profession to make a living like anyone else, and many of us chose this profession because of the enhanced ability to help others and make a positive difference. And very, very few of them are rolling in money, especially given how you pay an extra $100k for your degree.

Are there attorneys that think the way you stated in your post? Absolutely. But they are in a very small minority. I live in a metro area with around 250 attorneys and know most all of them, at least by reputation. I can count on one hand the number who would even talk to someone wanting to file a lawsuit like this. That's probably proven in the fact that she is representing herself in this case.

Probably because police officers, teachers, administrative assistants and priests don't advertise on TV for business. I don't have a problem with lawyers in general, having worked in a law office for a couple of years, I just have a problem with SOME members of the profession. Especially some who practice personal injury law. Remember what Shakespeare said about lawyers....and some of the best lawyer jokes were told to me by my boss, a lawyer. Who has since been disbarred...umm...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You guys are funny!:joyfull:
Seriously though. That woman is just plain out of her mind! Disney is such a target for people to sue, sadly.:(

Yes, we've become such a litigious society, as this case clearly demonstrates..... I bet that filing made some poor clerk's day. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom