I added on!!!!

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Sorry, I am not bragging but I am so excited. I just added on 125 points a few minutes ago at VGF. They were offering the same price to add on at VGF or BLT. Even though our current contract is at BLT, we chose VGF because we will receive 4 more years out of it and get the home priority. (We stayed there in July and really loved it.) I am beyond thrilled!! My hubby inquired about BWV because he loves it there and he said there is a long waiting list plus it is 14 years less membership (I think he said 14). We will add on in 2 more years so we have our goal of 3 contracts...for our 3 kiddies. Disney made the process way too easy, too. I gave a credit card number and that was it. Same member number, same use year but 2 contracts. Paperwork coming in the mail. I LOVE DISNEY!!!

I know there has been a lot of questions about this lately so I hope I have helped anyone else out.

kparn

I'm seriously considering adding on too. Did you call regarding the current deal regarding Aulani? Or did you call with the intent of purchasing at VGF?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Whoo hoo! Congrats!! We hope to add on directly as well at VGF! We stayed there this past December and absolutely loved it!! We currently have 220 at AKV and love Kidani but we want to own even if it's just 50 pts at GFV. :)

Disneykidder

Original Poster
My rep just called yesterday to say hello and see if there's anything he can do for us. My hubby inquired about adding on 50 points. When I got home from work my hubby had so many details jumbled (men...lol) so I called him and left a message with a couple of questions. He called back and 50 turned into 125. It was a very easy process. Fed ex coming with paperwork to sign and hopefully some goodies (fingers crossed...hehe). He said since we are already in, approved and in great standing with current payments it's already a done deal and no need to check credit or anything.
Our initial intent is to have at least 3 contracts so we can give it to each child. We were going to wait until Poly but it will be insanely expensive and getting in now gives us 2014 points for free...no dues at all on it and no payments until January.
VGF is really beautiful and we loved our stay there in July. I know it is hard to get in to so having it as our home will give us the 11 month advantage.
We have been looking into resale for a while now and nothing has come up with what we want in our use year at BLT. We went with VGF because it's beautiful, new and for the same price it's 4 years longer. Dues are more but only $318 over the 4 years so well worth it. Although resale saves money, this is just so easy. I have heard it takes months for a resale to go through.
@sxeensweet, if you bought 50 points now for VGF you'd get the same deal...those 2014 points for pretty much free. The payment is next to nothing for 50 points.

Off topic but We are headed to DLR in July. I will be calling in December for the 7 month window for VGC. My rep said that we can now stay at the other resorts (Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel) and not have to pay the $95 fee anymore. It's not online to check but can be added if we call. This is because there are only 60 rooms at Grand Californian. So I'm hoping I get in!!!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My rep just called yesterday to say hello and see if there's anything he can do for us. My hubby inquired about adding on 50 points. When I got home from work my hubby had so many details jumbled (men...lol) so I called him and left a message with a couple of questions. He called back and 50 turned into 125. It was a very easy process. Fed ex coming with paperwork to sign and hopefully some goodies (fingers crossed...hehe). He said since we are already in, approved and in great standing with current payments it's already a done deal and no need to check credit or anything.
Our initial intent is to have at least 3 contracts so we can give it to each child. We were going to wait until Poly but it will be insanely expensive and getting in now gives us 2014 points for free...no dues at all on it and no payments until January.
VGF is really beautiful and we loved our stay there in July. I know it is hard to get in to so having it as our home will give us the 11 month advantage.
We have been looking into resale for a while now and nothing has come up with what we want in our use year at BLT. We went with VGF because it's beautiful, new and for the same price it's 4 years longer. Dues are more but only $318 over the 4 years so well worth it. Although resale saves money, this is just so easy. I have heard it takes months for a resale to go through.
@sxeensweet, if you bought 50 points now for VGF you'd get the same deal...those 2014 points for pretty much free. The payment is next to nothing for 50 points.

Off topic but We are headed to DLR in July. I will be calling in December for the 7 month window for VGC. My rep said that we can now stay at the other resorts (Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel) and not have to pay the $95 fee anymore. It's not online to check but can be added if we call. This is because there are only 60 rooms at Grand Californian. So I'm hoping I get in!!!
Awesome!!!!
We would love to buy right now but we just took out the original loan with Disney in May 2013. We will try to pay cash whenever we do buy in again if it's this year (probably not finances are right after having to buy a whole brand new a/c unit and we got something a little nicer so paid a pretty penny) , or next year which we still will have our original loan we will buy with cash if we can this time around. Now If we wait until the 220 points are paid off in a few years we may buy more points and do another loan with them. I do not think j can wait that long though!!!! So probably will be paid in cash so I can buy the points sooner!! Hahaha.

I do not want to mess with resale either. Have looked for VGF and to find the same use year we have and points amount we want is not easy etc like you mentioned and I'll admit I will pay for convenience, use of points without restrictions, no extra credit checks (for add on points b/c in good standing, etc like you mentioned if we would borrow again), etc! Also loved the fact to have their loans the actual loan is never reported to your credit unless you default. Only the initial credit check is but that is no biggy for us personally.

Again thank you for your advice and info, and also Congrats again!!!!! Hoping I can say the same soon for A VGF add on! :)

kparn

Disneykidder: Why no dues for 2014? Is that a special right now? I thought all contracts had dues regardless. I could be wrong.....

Oh, called my rep too. Left a voice mail. Hopefully will hear back soon.

We joined DVC in 2012 after having consecutive yearly vacations in a deluxe resort. After two of them, we thought..."We should just purchase DVC." We've had 4 trips since. We have already broke even. We love DVC. My husband and I put 3 children through private school from 5K-Graduation. DVC is nothing compared to private school tuition. ;) The best (large purchase) decision we have made in 27 years of marriage. :)

Last edited:

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Disneykidder: Why no dues for 2014? Is that a special right now? I thought all contracts had dues regardless. I could be wrong.....

Oh, called my rep too. Left a voice mail. Hopefully will hear back soon.

We joined DVC in 2012 after having consecutive yearly vacations in a deluxe resort. After two of them, we thought..."We should just purchase DVC." We've had 4 trips since. We have already broke even. We love DVC. My husband and I put 3 children through private school from 5K-Graduation. DVC is nothing compared to private school tuition. ;) The best (large purchase) decision we have made in 27 years of marriage. :)
I'm guessing no payments in 2014 because we didn't technically have them the whole year. We just got them now and it will take a few weeks to go through with the paper work. It's like an incentive to purchase them. He said he has a limited number of 2014 points left over that Disney can give out. He said he can do this now but maybe not in a few weeks. It does make sense, though, to not have us pay for points didn't have back in March. March is our use year.
Maybe another rep will say/do something better or worse...who knows. (let me know what your rep says.) I just know that I am happy with this purchase and know we will get a lot more use out of it. We loved what we had but this is better for our growing family. Some people say DVC isn't worth it $ wise. $ wise to us it is but more importantly it makes us happy and that is worth more than anything in the world!! :geek:

kparn

Well, I heard just awhile ago from our rep. She gave me several options regarding different resorts. Will have to talk with the hubby later this evening. Our home resort is Kidani. No points are available for AKL right now. She said we could go on a wait list, but now I'm interested in Aulani too. ;) Decisions, decisions......

Disneykidder

Original Poster
When we originally bought, we had a choice of BLT or Aulani. We chose Aulani. When we came home from our trip (we bought while in WDW) we thought about it and switched to BLT to get the 11 month window and also because there was a separate fee for it so in the long run BLT would be cheaper. I'm glad we made that choice. We won't be visiting Oahu too often but WDW we will. I was always told to buy where you'd like to stay the most to get the home advantage. We haven't had any issues getting other resorts at 7 months other than BCV.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Sweet congrats.

I don't even look at the daily emails I get from the secondary market DVC folks, too tempting :(
I get those emails also. They are very cheap and tempting. I just don't want the restrictions of a resale. That's why they have those restrictions on a resale...hahaha. Plus Disney makes it sooo easy to add on...give a cc number and you're in...not much else to do besides sign the papers.

BigTxEars

I get those emails also. They are very cheap and tempting. I just don't want the restrictions of a resale. That's why they have those restrictions on a resale...hahaha. Plus Disney makes it sooo easy to add on...give a cc number and you're in...not much else to do besides sign the papers.
True enough, since we went secondary from the start adding point via Disney does not make as much sense for us. The points we added would not have restrictions but all the previous secondary ones would. But even at that if we add on again I might do it thru Disney, who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom