Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

JenTen1585

Awe! So sad it's over! But I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait till you have another one booked for next year! As I said in an earlier comment, I have booked my first Disney cruise for June, on the Magic. So I loved reading your account of the cruise! I have been on 3 Princess Cruises (which I really loved), 2 Norwegian cruises, and one Royal Caribbean. I always say that there is no bad day on a cruise ship, just like there is no bad day at Disney. But I think I'm going to enjoy the Disney Cruise even more than all the others based on your description! It sounds like they just give that extra umph of service! And I can't wait to see a cruise through my daughter's eyes! Come back soon!!!

Ariel1986

Amazing trip report. Sold the cruise to me and brightened my day when reading. I love Disney (pretty sure we all do here!) and I love how much you love it too! How can anyone be crazy loving a vacation like the one you just had?! The people who don't get it are the crazy ones!

Sad that the report is over... I'm sure you'll be back though and I look forward to reading again! (So you're going back ok? I said it, so that means you are! And preferably in the next year so that I have something to keep me going until my possible return... Ok? OK???! ;) :D)

Thanks for a great read.

Zipadeelady

What a great trip report. I looked forward to hopping on WDWMAGIC daily to see if you had posted anything and I'm sorry to see it end! :(

Plus our beloved Outlander won't be back on until April 4th!! What is up with that?!! What am I to do?

mrdrift

That was an excellent ending to a magical DREAM vacation. The pictures turned out really fantastic along with the videos. The sunrise pictures were amazing. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Maggie Mae

So sad your trip is over... like, I knew the end was coming and I got a sad feeling in my stomach :cry:.
It's odd to me you say its unacceptable for twenty-something's to not throw temper tantrums... I do all the time... maybe that's why people looks at me weird..:facepalm:.hmmm... kidding... But thank you for letting us tag along on your trip! So fun!!

PolynesianPrincess

Not going to lie but I miiiiight have just teared up at the end of this report :(

I'm SO glad you had a great cruise! It seems like just yesterday we were chatting back and forth about it and now it's over and you've finished your TR :(

Was the liquor store you used to have your alcohol delivered Cape Canaveral Liquors by any chance?

DisSplash

^^ Me too! I am a bawling wuss. I probably miss your vacation more than you at this point!!! :cry: It was totally obvious that you two had a blast, and you definitely make others want and hope for that same fun-loving and free-wheeling Disney experience. Your trips seem to be all that one would hope them to be, which makes you the greatest Disney Ambassador out there as you are fantastic at spreading that Disney magic and ideal.

I hope you get your wish and get to plan an Alaskan cruise very soon!! Otherwise, keep your eyes open for last minute deals on those Dream 4-night cruises! Maybe you will get lucky and be able to squeeze something in?!

SweetEvangeline

What a great report! I have tried, with no luck so far, to convince my hubby to do a Disney cruise. He keeps saying "some day". ;-) He LOVES the parks, and so do I, but there is just something romantic and relaxing about a cruise. Maybe your TR will convince him to take me NOW! HAHAH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom